“wonderful riad”
Review of Dar El Hana

Dar El Hana
Ranked #56 of 225 Fes B&B and Inns
Reviewed 7 January 2014

Had a great experience at Dar El Hana! Ben, Fatima, and Angela were so enormously helpful -- Fatima is a gifted cook! Try and eat a dinner there, especially if you are vegetarian/veggie-friendly and want to taste some of the wonderful market produce. The terrace, where breakfast was served each day (even in winter - the sun was warm enough) was such a joy, after the hustle and bustle of the medina. This is not a luxury riad but more like a family house, and feels incredibly well cared-for, and full of harmony. We loved being based there, and are grateful for the support from the staff. The other guests it attracted were also interested to meet.

Room Tip: We had Aladdin room, which is its own small garden flat (though not self-catering). It was comfortab...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
JosephineJoyce, Owner at Dar El Hana, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2014

I wish to thank you for taking the time to give us a great and honest review. This is exactly what I have wished to offer my guests...comfort and great fun, especially with good food, and with other guests as well.
Wishing you continued happy travels!
Josephine

Reviewed 27 December 2013

Cozy, charming, hospitable that and more. The whole family is sad to leave Peace House or Dar el Hana as it is in Moroccan. We had a great stay in Fez and much credit goes to Angela, Ben and Fatima. An experience I hope to repeat soon!

Room Tip: Hibiscus is great but Jacaranda is the best! For 20 euros more it won't break the budget!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank lawbster
JosephineJoyce, Manager at Dar El Hana, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2014

Thank you Peggy! Lovely to meet you and your family - you are all welcome back anytime!

Reviewed 2 December 2013

My girlfriend and I have just spent 3 nights in Fez staying at the Riad Dar El Hana.

Accommodation was excellent. Josephine (the owner) was very welcoming and extremely knowledgable and helpful in organising trips.

Great breakfast was served each day by her wonderful staff Ben and Fatima. Was definitely our favourite Riad of the holiday and would definitely recommend to others.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Dufy13
Reviewed 24 November 2013

I first saw Dar El Hanna on TV on one of the Travel Channel’s shows. I loved its charm and decided to experience it in person. My companions and I visited Fes in November 2013 and stayed at Dar El Hanna for 2 nights. What a beautiful experience. The hotel was very charming, cozy and clean. The staff (Ben, Fatima and Ali) was very welcoming and made us feel at home. The owner, Josephine did a wonderful job preserving this 300 year old home and converting it into a charming hotel. I highly recommend it. I plan on staying there again on my next trip.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Ted A
JosephineJoyce, Owner at Dar El Hana, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2013

Hello Ted, I wish to thank you for your wonderful review, and I am delighted that you have shared this experience. We will welcome you back anytime. Happy journeying, Josephine

Reviewed 18 October 2013

We spent four nights at the Dar El Hana in October 2013. Arriving from the station we were met by Ben, who guided us to the hotel. He explained the Medina to us so we would get the best out of our stay. We had a dinner cooked by Fatima on arrival, which was delicious. Especially her fish balls. Fatima and Ben were always there with tea and home made cakes. Special mention must be made of Arantxa, the manager. She went to endless trouble to make our stay pleasant. We were there during a religious festival, when everything was closed. She rang around to find us a restaurant which was open for dinner on two nights, and she accompanied us to make sure we did not get lost. She also managed to find two guides for us to take trips inside and outside the Medina. She was very good company and a fund of useful information. We will not forget her for a long time, and wish her well. We have no hesitation in recommending this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 October 2013

Conveniently located (easy to get to and near all the main sights of the Medina), attentive and thoughtful staff (Arantxa and Ben are the best), the four nights at Dar El Hana made for a very satisfying visit to Fes. It is just off one of the main streets, so it is a calm oasis with a lovely roof-top terrace where daily breakfast begins the day beautifully.

Room Tip: The Aladdins room at the ground level has its own private entrance which was a big plus.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 September 2013

The moment I entered this place, I knew I was home. Good location, cozy and clean. Homey! With Josephine, the first time I met her, I felt like I was visiting my aunt or a family member. She was very helpful and welcoming! I'll come back here anytime!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo