Riad Laaroussa Hotel and Spa
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
  • Pool
1,254 results
All reviewscream suiteorange suiteyellow roomorange treesrooftop terracehammam and massagean oasiscooking lessonthree nightslovely courtyardbreakfast and dinnerevery eveninghighlight of our tripthe hustle and bustlethe entire staffmint teastayed longer
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 November 2013

My mom and I spent 1 week in Morocco. We spent half at Riad Laaroussa. (For the other half, we wished we were back at the riad). We stayed in the red room -- overlooking a lush courtyard. Each morning, we woke up to birdsong. The room was immaculate (and this is from 2 clean freaks). The riad itself is exquisite. Look into any hallway or nook, and it has been lovingly restored. There is no surface glamour here. The beauty runs through every beam, stair, and doorway. But what made this visit extraordinary were the owners (Fred and Cathy) and staff. This is not just a place to rest your head. It's a home. Comforts abound. When my mom chose to sit in the courtyard, the owner lit a fire nearby. Moments later, staff arrived with tea and cookies. This is a place that anticipates your needs (before you know them!). They even welcomed my mom in the kitchen -- where she giggled with staff. On the last day, the staff kindly packed us sandwiches for our journey to Marrakech. Riad Laaroussa is a tough act to follow! So either stay here last (on your trip) or ask the owner for riad recommendations in other cities. Thank you, Riad Laaroussa!

Room Tip: We stayed in the red room -- 1 flight up. Stairs were steep (for my mom) -- but we were closer to the gorgeous rooftop! A lovely room!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 November 2013

Staying at Riad Laaroussa created a memory I will never forget. The staff made sure we were comfortable and all our needs were met. This family owned resort made my daughter and I feel like family. The accommodations were beautiful and exceptionally clean. This riad captured the spirit of Morocco. The food was delicious (and I am most picky).

In other words, give yourself a very special treat and stay here!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 November 2013

We spent 4 nights in this beautiful restored Riad...the terrace opens up with a view of the city and don't miss the sunset! We had our evening meal there twice and we found the food and service better than many restaurants that are suggested in our travel guides. The hosts are warm and friendly and their knowledge of Fes is very good. We enjoyed the hamman...it was the best we had in our trips to Morocco in recent years. Thanks again!

Room Tip: we had a lovely room opening to a large garden ...the best choice in Fes!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 November 2013

Riad Laroussa was our favorite resting place during our 3 1/2 weeks traveling Morocco! Besides its' charm, the hospitality of all employees was delightful. Our room was beautiful, with typical Moroccan architure and appointments. The rooftop breakfasts are a gorgeous beginning of each day. You will not be disappointed with this riad in the heart of the beautiful medina

Room Tip: If you'd rather not climb steep steps, request a room on the first level.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 November 2013

Arriving in Fes, it's a bit overwhelming going into the Medina for the first time but Riad Laaroussa definitely made things a little easier. They have someone waiting outside the blue gate to escort you through the medina. That was just the start, when entering it's probably one of the most beautiful riad's we stayed at during our trip through Morocco. Gorgeous gardens and rooftops, excellent breakfast and very friendly and helpful staff! Everyone there is fantastic and made our stay in Fes much more enjoyable. We booked the red room and it did not disappoint at all. The attention to detail and design is very apparent and my wife completely fell in love with the room. The staff I can't say enough good things about them, they were so helpful and always had a smile on their faces. Very approachable, I felt I could talk to them about anything regarding our trips and they even helped us make plans during our stay. They arrange everything, working with reputable people that gave us peace of mind when finding guides or drivers. Really big thanks to Cathy who helped us arrange our 3 day trip through the Sahara desert all the way to Marrakech. Very big thanks to Riad Laaroussa. I wouldn't stay anywhere else if I go back to Fes!

Room Tip: Instead of booking trips ahead of time, work with the staff at the Riad to book trips. Lot of times you can get better price and trust the people they work with.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple