“WE GOT MARRIED AT MAISON MK - SEP 10TH, 2011”
Review of Maison MK

Maison MK
Ranked #53 of 501 Hotels in Marrakech
Reviewed 20 October 2011

Maison MK is a unique place. It took us a long time to find the perfect wedding venue for a small number of guests (16 in total) but once we had spoken to charismatic and passionate owners - Aoibheann and Paul - we knew that this was the place for us .. and all of our excited guests.

Add into the mix, hard working 'I will make it happen' manager Mary, some of the most courteous staff we have ever come across, a fantastic location in the medina, roof top views to die for, a relaxed but luxurious 5* atmosphere and you have a very special set of ingredients that would doubtless be hard to surpass anywhere in the world. And believe me - we looked long and hard for these qualities before picking Marrakech and Maison MK as the place to get married.

VITALLY THE MK RESTAURANT IS ALSO INCREDIBLE ... but more about that later.

Aoibheann helped us secure photographers, bridal bouquets from La Mamounia, all sorts of travel arrangements, excursions, cooking courses etc etc and they all, without exception met or surpassed what we were expecting.

I work as a TV producer and can be quite demanding, I research things within an inch of their life before doing anything. Maison MK were as thorough as I was, and this made them a real pleasure to work with on our big day.

The spa is top notch - the signature massage is the best I had anywhere in Marrakech - had them at 3 other hotels / riads.

The 6 rooms are all truly very very special - we stayed in Room 1 - the biggest room - it is a knock out! The bathroom is one of the most beautiful I have seen in all my travels. My wife still misses it - compared to the tiny bathroom at our flat in london - it's a palace.

AND THE FOOD ... OH THE FOOD... Chef Omar is a great cook, as well as meeting all of our groups dietary requirements throughout our 5 days at Maison MK (Coeliac, diabetic and dairy issues) HE TANTALISED OUR TASTE BUDS and left us wishing we could eat there every day for the rest of our lives. The wedding feast was knock out - everyone commented to us on how incredible the menu was. He's a fantastic teacher too if you do a cooking course with him.

I could write page after page about our wonderful experience at Maison MK but perhaps the most telling is the fact that most of our guests are already desperate to go back there on their own. And so will we - this time without a wedding to fret about!

Mr and Mrs McCarthy

Room Tip: ROOM ONE IS THE MASTER ROOM, but all 6 rooms are great - no one felt hard done by - it's hard to...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank MRMCCARTHY

Reviewed 20 October 2011

The owners Aoibheann and Paul describe Maison MK as "barefoot 5 star", and that's exactly what it is.... Utterly laid back, but with a sharp eye for detail and luxury. The riad has been painstakingly restored; the result is completely stunning... a great mix of traditional Morrocan and contemporary cool. We stayed in Room 1 - huge, with a fabulous bathroom and spectacular ceiling. Breakfast and evening drinks on the roof terrace are wonderful, with endless views across the rooftops of the Medina. The staff are brilliant too - friendly, discreet and completely genuine. We felt cosseted and cared for from the moment we were collected at the airport. High points include the Hammam and Gommage at SpaMK - we emerged smooth skinned and relaxed - and the plunge pool in the main area... A great way to start the day, and also to cool off after hours of heated bartering in the souk. Maison MK is in every way an oasis in the heart of the city. A bit of chilled out heaven behind that unassuming wooden front door....

Room Tip: Room 1 was amazing. But Room 3 has a gorgeous window seat. All are beautiful.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 October 2011

I visited the Maison MK for a drink on the roof terrace with friends and had a fantastic evening. I met the very friendly manager - Mary - and decided to book a massage and hammam in the Spa for the following day … it turned out to be a truly an unforgettable experience. I've never had a hammam before - and it really did blow my mind.
I would highly recommend it if you get the chance… it's worth every penny!… If I come back - I'll definitely be booking in again!
Thanks Maison MK - I hope to visit again soon.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jake F
Reviewed 16 October 2011

First things first..... Maison MK is truly awesome!
From the very first email to the owners Abiohann and Paul, initially to book diner at GastroMK (which was amazing) to finally booking (and the  myriad of emails inbetween) the experience at MaisonMK was nothing short of excellent.
We arrived in Marrakech, where Kamal picked us up at the airport.  Then a short drive, where an ever smiling Mohammed met us with a genuine welcome, we then walked a short distance to an unassuming wooden door. Once inside we were absolutely blown away by the beauty of this Riad. It is obvious that an enormous amount of care, love and attention has been put into making each and every inch of this Riad an absolute delight.   With only six rooms you may think that the Riad is small, however the thoughtful layout, chill out areas, movie room and the wonderful roof terrace give a much bigger, but still intimate feel. We stayed in room 5 and my friends stayed in room 6; both were amazing and so luxurious.
Every need we had was met by the staff who ensured all aspects of our stay went smoothly. The breakfasts were very good, we had ours served on the roof terrace; a wonderful start to the day.
Mary was great and made several arrangements for us including dinner and tours.   Mohammad greeted us each evening and ensured that our arabic was up to scratch. The ladies at the SpaMK made sure that we were truly scrubbed, massaged and generally pampered! Afternoon tea and cakes whilst in the plunge pool is an excellent way to top off 2 hours quad biking!

If like me, you have spent hours and hours reading review after review on trip advisor to make sure you choose the right Riad, you can consider this your final review read......don't hesitate, make that booking at  MaisonMK!

Room Tip: Any room is a good room at MaisonMK
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 October 2011

I loved the outside views. The food was really good and the waiters were really nice.I would go to maison mk again if i had the choice. There was a really nice terrace outside.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 October 2011

I'm ashamed to say it has taken me weeks to finally get round to putting this review up, when as I left it was the first thing I wanted to do - tell EVERYONE just how wonderful Maison MK is!
I came to stay at Maison MK for a small family wedding in September; we had the riad completely booked out for our whole party - and all I can say is WOW!
The bride and groom had told us of their chosen destination for both the wedding venue and for us to stay and we were blown away by the sheer beauty of the place; attention to detail, level of high rating reviews it has and the incredible location.
We were however met with something different...For in reality,it exceeded our already very high expectations in every way!

The riad is genuinely one of the places that I feel their own promotional photographs on their website, do not do it justice! The rooms were beautiful - luckily because we asa party had all 6 we were able to view them all and see the individual styles of each. They were a cool and serene place to relax after the heat of the day, with relaxing music played through an ipod provided in every room - lovely touch!

I stayed in Room 4 - a beautiful double room with a gorgeous bathroom. On some of the reviews people have commented on the curtain that divides the bathroom from the bedroom being a negative? - personally I thought it was a great idea! It's different, it's pretty, and for heavens sake if you're going to a place like Morroco, embrace the different! It's all part of it right?!

Two words - mint tea. Keep it coming...and lots of it! :)

The bed - heaven.

I could (easily) bang on for hours but I won't, for fear of sounding like a broken record. In short the staff were second to none; I mentioned attention to detail earlier...I am a coeliac, and a diabetic, and not once did I feel I had to explain what was entailed in ensuring I could eat properly, keep medication safe and cool or feel that I was not in safe hands. Something that I find in England happens all the time.

Mary, the manager was an absolute dream! She had started her first week with the arrival of our party, and could not have been a more fabulous, attentive, helpful and genuine woman. She is a credit to you at Maison MK!

Kamal and the rest of the staff were second to none; always polite, helpful, and every other positive adjective you can think of! At breakfast we had chats about Marrakech and how it's changed, traditions, the Mosques anything and everything that actually made the visit more enjoyable as we got to learn a little more about the place which we were staying!

We had a tour organised for us, and the two tour guides were lovely! Really informative and showed us the hidden gems throughout the souks that we might have missed!

Genuinely loved the riad and am saving the pennies to return!

Thank you for helping to make two very specialpeople, very close to my hearts wedding day the most beautiful day of their lives.

Room Tip: There isn't a bad room!
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 October 2011

It was my first time in Marrakesh and although being a season traveler, I was not fully prepared mentally for the Kesh. it sights, sounds, colors, and diplomatic price's on a feast of good that at the time I was totally ready to buy and stuff my case full before heading back to blighty. An amazing experience!
However many times I came back from the market's feeling a bit battered and beaten ether by the diplomatic prices or by the insistent sales technique. To be able to walk into Maison Mk was a true delight. it was cool in every sense of the word. From it style to music and lots more in-between. I found the staff warm welcoming and always ready to help. The rooms where of a very high standard with such great little touches like ipods and a mobile, just in case i was to get lost for the 7th time while on one of my adventures to the markets. In the evenings its beautiful candle lit roof terrace was an ideal place to relax and enjoy the evening and they make a mean cocktail too.

Thank you Maison MK it was a great experience