“So much more than we could have dreamed of!”
Review of Maison MK

We can't find prices for this hotel
Maison MK
Ranked #77 of 500 Hotels in Marrakech
Reviewed 28 April 2014

It is not easy to find a city break with something for a 12 year old daughter, 22 year old son (and his girlfriend), and their holiday control freak mum (me) - I searched for ages on the internet, all the riads in Marrakech that I had previously stayed at being full, and stumbled upon Maison MK.
It felt like a bit of a compromise - no swimming pool, just a plunge pool, and would they really make my 12 year old feel welcome given that they don't accept kids under 12? I held my breath....BUT - what a joy, and what a great find. From the moment we walked through the door, we relaxed - all the usuals - beautiful rooms, great location - but what made it really special, was the little touches and the staff. Mobile phones pre loaded with numbers and credit, i pods, rose petals, drinks left outside your door in the morning, a bath you could swim in, the most divine rooftop terraces, I could go on and on - nothing was too much trouble, the brilliant staff seemed to anticipate our every need - escorted us to taxis (untold hassle for me in the past in Marrakech), and most of all, made us feel like very esteemed family. We took the cooking class - completely brilliant - lovely little spa - where we were pampered - and in the 34 degree heat, we did indeed plunge in the plunge pool! The best food that we ate was at the Maison MK - the tasting menu was divine, and had something for everyone (even the 12 year old - can you believe it?) - a must visit, whether you are lucky enough to stay at the riad or not. I can honestly say, that I wouldn't stay anywhere else in Marrakech, my kids - of all ages- feel the same, and I am trying to think of an event where I can manage to hire all 6 rooms......Bravo Maison MK - we look forward to seeing you again!

Room Tip: The rooms are stylish and quiet - and quite dark - not a bad thing in the heat - we didn't stay...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank GretWalton

Reviewed 27 April 2014

We loved Maison MK. Everything was absolutely perfect - lovely rooms, brilliant staff, great food and a really good location right in the medina. We were incredibly well looked after and give this place our highest recommendation.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 April 2014

This was a serious shopping trip and a well needed sunny mini break so it had to be as productive as possible. For my third trip to Marrakech I knew what I needed in order to make it a great stay. I wanted somewhere luxurious with good food, somewhere that felt very safe. Location was important, I wanted somewhere that was quick to get to from the airport, easy to get into the souks, easy to get out to the bigger shops and warehouses, and somewhere with lots of English speaking help if I needed it!

The Maison MK has all this, and in addition it was an added bonus to be able to quickly and easily get to the main Jma Fna square at night which should not be missed. It is also simply amazing in its design. I found it to be totally original, and very inspiring. It has a contemporary, colourful look to match the sunny climate and the local spices. The shapes and design of the spaces make it very warm, cosy, and authentic.
Undoubtedly what also set Maison MK apart for me was that it was English owned and by booking directly by phone in the UK I was able to have a long conversation and lots of advice before we even set off. The owner has written her own personal notes on her favourite places to eat and shop, so you do feel you have up to date, inside knowledge from the start. The icing on the cake then are the little touches all over, the personal ipod and phone, the wifi and ipad to use, and last but by no means least, the staff . They were all utterly delightful, and couldn’t do enough to please us throughout our stay. We were extremely well looked after and will be back.

Room Tip: I wouldn’t want to sway you in any way as we loved everything about our room. However if you particu...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank intointeriors83
Reviewed 22 April 2014

We stayed at Maison MK at the end of March 2014 and were just blown away by the level of luxury, service, attention to detail, decor and the warmth from a truly amazing team. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff and everything was delivered with a smile. Our room was breathtakingly beautiful and to arrive after a long journey to be faced with rose petals scattered on the bed, soft music playing plus a much needed G&T, couldn't be bettered! Breakfasts and pre dinner drinks on the roof top terrace just transports you away from the hustle and bustle of the medina into a world of peace, calm and tranquility. Every inch of the riad has been decorated to such a high standard that we came away wishing we could transport it all back and make our own Maison MK in West Sussex. A major must is booking a treatment in Spa MK which is situated within the Riad and booking dinner at Gastro MK, which will just just send your taste buds into overdrive. Maison MK is a real life luxury oasis and every traveller heading to Marrakech would be crazy to not stay.

Room Tip: Every room is exquisite (I had a sneaky look)
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 April 2014

I was lucky enough to be taken here for my 60th birthday by my three amazing children. Everything was perfect - like staying with a family who took great care of all our needs - luxury from start to finish.

We were so excited having seen pictures on the website but it was truly wonderful to walk through the entrance into the reality of an authentic Moroccan riad with all the modern luxuries stylishly incorporated into the design and comfort of the bedrooms.

A routine quickly developed! Delicious freshly prepared breakfasts on the roof terrace gazing at the snow-capped Atlas mountains followed by lazing in the sunshine..... a stroll round the sights and sounds of the Medina.... a drink at sunset on the roof terrace.... dinner in the restaurant ( the best tagines ever! ). Expert advice from the staff on Marrakech too!

We all loved Maison MK - the perfect place to experience Marrakech in comfort and luxury knowing you were being completely taken care of.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 April 2014

I stayed at Maison Mk recently with my wife and I cannot praise it enough for a city break in the Medina. Small, but perfectly formed, this beautiful riad is extremely comfortable and the owners and their team have ensured an excellent level of service, together with exceptional attention to detail. Add the homemade breakfast pastries and the high end in-house cuisine and voila!- a gem of a boutique hotel with a heart and a soul. Simon A. Hampshire

The hotel and spa offer a perfect oasis of tranquillity, yet the hurly burly of medina life is only a step away. A surprise awaits the visitor as the simple door opens to reveal its inner secrets and delights. Rich hues of orange, green, polished brass, the gentle sound of running pools and rills; time worn stairways and doors in the inner court yard, open to the sky, work a kind of Moroccan magic. Hanane welcomed us warmly and her attention to detail in planning our visits through to every aspect of our stay and comfort was exceptional. Simply delicious alfresco dinning overlooking the roof tops of Marrakesh will be a lasting reminder of this truly exceptional small hotel. Anne A. Hampshire

Room Tip: All are beautiful
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 April 2014

We stayed for five nights in early April 2014 to celebrate our 15th wedding anniversary. We had a fantastic time.

What really stood out for us was the outstanding quality of the service provided by every member of staff at Maison MK. Nothing was too much trouble. For example, on our last day, we said that we wanted to experience an authentic Moroccan lamb lunch, so Simo escorted us to a local eatery - we would never have found it ourselves, nor mustered up the courage to go inside, but Simo made sure we were well looked after.

Many super memories of Maison MK - excellent food both at breakfast and at Gastro MK, sitting up on the roof terrace at midnight wrapped in blankets and gazing at the stars, some great Moroccan spa treatments - but most of all the excellent service from Hanane and her team.

We hope to return again soon.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 2 which is perfectly comfortable and luxurious. Bath with shower over is excellent...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple