“Absolutely amazing riad - perfect in every way”
Review of Maison MK

Maison MK
Ranked #53 of 500 Hotels in Marrakech
Reviewed 6 October 2009

We stayed at Maison MK for 4 nights at the beginning of October. After searching long and hard for the right riad to stay in (too many painful hours spent here on tripadvisor) we were 100% happy that we chose Maison MK.

1) The riad itself is stylish perfection- its way too easy to overload on over the top adjectives but they would all be suitable here!we were blown away as soon as we arrived. beautiful place- amazing room, wow bathroom, great location, lovely food, lots of great and thoughtful and fun small touches. basically everything you want for a stay away from home.

2) as if everything listed above wasnt enough, the service is exceptional. the staff at mk catered to our every need, were always cheerful and present without being overbearing. they made it a lovely place to spend time on our weekend break.

cant recommend maison mk highly enough- go go go!!

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tomatotus

Reviewed 30 September 2009

Dont normally bother doing these but felt the need with this hotel. Top class. Couldnt be in a better spot, couldnt have been better looked after. Marrakech is a wonderful city but can be a little intimidating compared to other city breaks. The staff at Maison MK give you the confidence to get the best from the city. Not cheap, but you get value for money which is all you really want. Would head back to both the city and certainly this place. Feels like our home in Marrakech and we were only there for three days!

If they have room - book it.

Reviewed 29 September 2009

Stayed at Maison MK for 4 nights during my mini-moon to Marrakech! Wonderful boutique hotel, with great staff, would definitely recommend a romantic dinner on the roof terrace. Perfect for a romantic getaway!! 5*

Reviewed 24 September 2009

In a prime location, tucked 5 minutes away from the Medina, Maison MK is truly a hidden Gem. This Riad oozes sexy, cool, romance and luxury, with no attention to detail spared.

My friend and I stayed in the twin bedroom featured on the website. The pictures do not do this exquisite and well thought out Riad any justice. It has to be seen to be believed.

Our room was provided with fresh fruit and flowers daily, with the aditional touch of rose petals sprinkled on our beds. A fresh flask of coffee left outside our room every morning and complimentary ice lollies to cool us down while relaxing on the sun drenched roof terrace. Home made Morroccan cake and Mint tea served every afternoon at 4pm. These little touches made the experience that much more special.

We enjoyed a first class service from Pauline, the manager, who catered to our every need. When we wanted suggestions on places to visit, shop and\or eat, Pauline was always on hand with recommendations. She'd arrange our transportation, make the reservations for us, she even cooked me pancakes when I reluctantly told her that I couldn't eat the fruit desert provided with dinner, due to my dislike of bananas. Thank you Pauline!! You are amazing!

I would have to say, the food at the Riad was some of the best traditional cooking we had tasted in town. The massages I had at Maison MK were better than some I have had from top London spas.The waiters were extremely attentive yet not intrusive. And all of the staff were friendly and always helpful.

From our intial enquiry about making a booking, until our time of depature, our every need was catered for.
Our expectations of our stay at Maison MK were exceeded in every way imaginable. I would not hesitate to recommend it to anyone and would once again like to say a HUGE thank you to Pauline and all of the staff at Maison MK for making our stay a truly amzing one.
I am sure I will be back very soon. There is no other place to stay in Marrakech!

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 September 2009

I don't usually write online reviews for places I have been to/hotels I have stayed in etc but I felt compelled to write this one for our stay in Maison MK in Marrakech. I've only just got back from Morocco and wanted to write something on trip advisor just to highlight what a beautiful place it is. I always think that photos describing an event on websites are airbrushed to perfection, using soft focus lens and carefully angled cameras. Maison MK does exactly what it says on the tin - the suites and dining room area/roof terrace etc look exactly like the professional photos on their website - it is truly amazing and beautiful. A chilled out, peaceful haven in such a busy and colourful city,
We felt welcome from the moment we arrived at the hotel. In fact, I felt reassured from the moment that i first contacted the owner Paul about the availability of accommodation. He answered all my questions - the sensible ones and the strange ones about how much sun I would get each day! Even advising on which airlines flew out of London, current weather, and whether we had any food allergies/dislikes.
Pauline, the manager at Maison MK, is an absolute diamond! she answered all of our questions, helped us out with suggestions on where to go out to eat - which were spot on and perfect.
The rest of the staff there were equally friendly, helpful and real fun to converse with. We had a couple of spa treatments while we were there which were relaxing and fun & both times that we stayed to have dinner at the hotel was delicious and authentic Moroccan cooking - the tagines were amazing.

it was the little personal touches during our stay that really made it for us..the rose petals on our beds when we first arrived...the full-loaded ipod in our room to listen to while we were indoors or take about with us. The mobile phone with credits to use for when we were out - with the hotel's number on there in case we got lost exploring the souks.
The fresh pot of coffee left outside our door every morning...breakfast was served from 8am to any time after we got up - no set time for it finishing.
4pm was fresh mint tea and Moroccan cake time. Every day - there would be complimentary freshly baked Moroccan cakes and pastries and mint tea laid out for us in the court yard.
All in all - a truly amazing experience. It felt like home away from home...and if and when I make it back to Marrakech, I would definitely stay at Maison MK again and will be recommending it to everyone I know!

Stayed: September 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 September 2009

I am a travel agent and have stayed at many hotels throughout the world. The Masion MK exceeded all of my expectations! The room was romantic, the bathroom amazing! The personal service was far beyond a five star standard. The roof top has a fantastic view for breakfast and is perfect for a drink at night before heading off for dinner. I would not stay anywhere else in Marrakech after staying at this Riad, it is perfect!

Reviewed 9 September 2009

This was our second visit to the magical Maison MK. We were lucky enough to be the first visitors when it opened early in 2008 & were keen to return to see what finishing touches had been added by Paul & his team. The return visit did not disappoint & was impressive on many levels. The management & staff had honed what was an already smooth experience into a really excellent one. Our 4 day trip inadvertently allowed us to see the hotel from a different perspective. As the weather for the first couple of days was a bit hit & miss, we were based in the hotel for longer than we had anticipated. Luckily enough there were plenty of comfy nooks with books, board games & dvd's (not forgetting the cinema room with uber screen & sound system) to keep mutiny at bay amongst the restless ranks of frustrated souk shoppers. The in-house eating was fantastic & catered for all tastes (including vegetarian & you can't say that about many places in Marrakech!) We had a birthday feast in the dining room with lots of cool touches, petals on table, customised cake etc etc.....

When the sun did come out (it wasn't that long a wait) the roof area was laid back & calm. The staff were discreet but if you needed an ice cool beer it was there in double quick time. Over all, it was faultless & built on what was an already magical experience in 2008. Can't recommend it highly enough & will definitely be back. If you go, I'd recommend a massage by the Maison MK masseuse, a relatively recent addition & one of the finishing touches that made the visit utterly laid back.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled with friends