“Everything you need or want in a riad!”
Review of Riad Dar Saba

Riad Dar Saba
Ranked #262 of 502 Hotels in Marrakech
Reviewed 27 July 2012

This riad was a real relief! Marrakesh is a busy and noisy city. The heat can be quite oppressive and make you feel uncomfortable. But Riad Dar Saba was the perfect choice. It was in the right location, not too far from the main sites or the souks. Even a small shop at the end of the road which was great as you will be drinking loads of bottled water. After a day of exploring, you come home to a peaceful Riad where you can recoop and refresh. The staff were really helpful, very kind and willing to spend time with you. The owner is down to earth and seems genuinely interested in your story, but not in a prying manner. You can be as quiet or as open as you like. They were well organised when helping you, sorting days out for you and the manager is young but a wealth of information about what to pay in the souks or what to experience in Marrakesh Very clean, very friendly, very welcoming. This riad was perfect for the price, great value for money. You would not regret your stay.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank Antony_Cairns
There are newer reviews for Riad Dar Saba

Reviewed 2 July 2012

I made a last minute trip to Marrakech. I looked in Trip Advisor at the reviews, so I chose this Riad based on the positive comments. To get there was a bit tricky (taking in consideration the arrival time was 2am) However, upon arrival, I met Mohamed (the manager) and made me feel at home right from the start. He speaks Arabic, French and English. The bedroom was well decorated, very cozy, clean plus it had a ceiling fan with a AC. The breakfast was simple yet delicious. Very nice staff and owener. I stayed there for two nights, and I left very pleased! I would stay there again!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Jorge M
Reviewed 11 June 2012

We stayed here in June 2012 for four nights and had three of the rooms. The riad was charming although it was hard to find the first couple of days, after constantly getting lost in the souks. The staff made us feel very welcome and their coffee was delicious. I would recommend this riad to anyone who wants to be close to the souks and the square.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank trevisam
Reviewed 22 January 2012

We booked several nights in Dar Saba and stayed in different rooms. Mohammed is very friendly and helpful when arranging tours. However, the bathrooms need a bit of extra care, as the shower in our second room was broken and ran out of hot water in 4 minutes.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MandM P
Reviewed 11 July 2011

The Riad has been recently renovated, the rooms are clean and the terrace is nice if you want to relax and see the stars at night. Simo the guy in charge of the riad is very friendly and goes the extra mile to ensure the guests are happy. I stayed 3 times and will stay again if I go to Marrakech

• Stayed: June 2011
5  Thank jfquintero
Reviewed 12 May 2011

I liked the riad and it was a very good value for me _because I paid 40 euros per night. It is charming, clean, the room is beautiful, the breakfast is good, the staff is simpathic. But it could be better. Below are the bad things:
1) You can not trust if you book the transfer at the airport. It is a big big big big problem. I had booked it, I received a confirmation by e-mail and, when I arrived at the airport, nobody was waiting for me. I called the riad and could heard that it is very commom (because the taxi they asked not always goes there). The problem is bigger because it is so difficult to find the riad the first time you go there (the taxi driver didn't know it and the car can not enter in the street);
2) The staff don't speak even one word in english or spanish. So, although they are simpathic, if you don't speak french be sure you will not receive any recomendation/tips about the city;
3) My room was very small. It was not a big problem for me (I think it is more important that it is clean), but be concious about it;
4) You can hear everything (each step on the floor in the oposite room). It was not a big problem for me because I can sleep even with noisy, but be concious about it.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank alencarizidoro
Reviewed 15 March 2011

We were victims of a scam and ended up in Marrakesh with a three year old baby and no place to stay late at night. By great good fortune, we were steered to Riad Dar Saba 2 where Simo saved us by giving us rooms for the night. Since his place was full, he helped us find another riad the next morning - which turned out to be wonderful. He then came every single day during the week to check and make sure we were OK. Simo is a kind, gentle soul and I would highly reccomend anyone to stay at Riad Dar Saba 2. You will be well taken care of!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family