“Good value mid-range option”
Review of Riad Dar Saba

Riad Dar Saba
Ranked #256 of 500 Hotels in Marrakech
Reviewed 14 December 2012

I see no reason to pay any more on your trip to Marrakech. Very good value compared to what we've paid for in the past at other riads. Dar Saba is clean, friendly and well located. Mohammed is very friendly and helpful but unobtrusive. I had quick email response from the owner (who I think is in France?) when I wanted to recehck my reservation.

Couldn't ask for more than Dar Saba. I rate it as excellent.

Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 21 November 2012

We stayed here for three nights at the start and end of a tour of Morocco and it's ideal. Located within the Medina, it's suitably located for getting to most of Marrakech's places of interest but also convenient for exploring the new part of town. It's situated down a quite street and is lovely and peaceful. Between the two of us, we stayed in four of the Riad's five rooms - all are of a similar standard, well decorated and appropriately quiet. The owner is very pleasant and helpful. We didn't partake of food other than breakfast or the change to organise trips, but both are available. Watch your head as you approach the Riad in the street... there are a couple of low arches!

Room Tip: First floor rooms a little more expensive, but I preferred my ground floor one - seemed a little lar...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 October 2012

Riad Dar Saba is located in the Medina, a 20 min walk from Djemaa al Fna. When we first arrived late in the evening, the street looked quite scary and dark but I later realized that most of the streets in the Medina appear that way at night. The staff were incredibly helpful and sat down with us on arrival to go over the map of the city and provided us with tea and delicious cookies made by the hotel cook. We got sick during our trip and ended up sleeping in and the hotel generously served us breakfast after the designated time and walked us to the pharmacy. The room was clean and pleasant but our bathroom was open to the bedroom which wasn't ideal since we got sick, but would have been fine otherwise. There is also a separate toilet room off of the lobby. We took the option of having the hotel cook make us dinner one night which was one of the best meals we had in Marrakech. They hotel arranged a one day tour with a group to Ait Ben Haddou and Ourzazate which was okay but not really worth the drive and I wouldn't recommend it. Perhaps the two day tour would be worth the trip as the one day consisted mostly of driving in a van with only half of the seats having seatbelts.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Fujiye
Reviewed 23 September 2012

I booked this Riad in a hurry as my trip to Marrakech was a sudden decision and I relied on feedback from Tripadvisor. Well it turned out a good decision as I was really pleased with the Riad and the help and support I received from Mohammed -- the Manager there.He was patient and courteous to all my questions and requests and if he said he would do something then you could be sure it was done.He even helped to organize a trip to the Atlas mountains for a couple of nights at a cheap homestay there.
The room I had was spotless and comfortable with plenty of room and the shared areas were also clean and comfortable.
The owner Jeanne-Phillipe (I think that's the correct spelling) was also very friendly and helpful.
All in all I would recommend the Riad Dar Saba without any hesitation it was a quiet oasis in the hustle and bustle of the Medina

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank JimandHelenHuxley
Reviewed 27 July 2012

This riad was a real relief! Marrakesh is a busy and noisy city. The heat can be quite oppressive and make you feel uncomfortable. But Riad Dar Saba was the perfect choice. It was in the right location, not too far from the main sites or the souks. Even a small shop at the end of the road which was great as you will be drinking loads of bottled water. After a day of exploring, you come home to a peaceful Riad where you can recoop and refresh. The staff were really helpful, very kind and willing to spend time with you. The owner is down to earth and seems genuinely interested in your story, but not in a prying manner. You can be as quiet or as open as you like. They were well organised when helping you, sorting days out for you and the manager is young but a wealth of information about what to pay in the souks or what to experience in Marrakesh Very clean, very friendly, very welcoming. This riad was perfect for the price, great value for money. You would not regret your stay.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank Antony_Cairns
Reviewed 2 July 2012

I made a last minute trip to Marrakech. I looked in Trip Advisor at the reviews, so I chose this Riad based on the positive comments. To get there was a bit tricky (taking in consideration the arrival time was 2am) However, upon arrival, I met Mohamed (the manager) and made me feel at home right from the start. He speaks Arabic, French and English. The bedroom was well decorated, very cozy, clean plus it had a ceiling fan with a AC. The breakfast was simple yet delicious. Very nice staff and owener. I stayed there for two nights, and I left very pleased! I would stay there again!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Jorge M
Reviewed 11 June 2012

We stayed here in June 2012 for four nights and had three of the rooms. The riad was charming although it was hard to find the first couple of days, after constantly getting lost in the souks. The staff made us feel very welcome and their coffee was delicious. I would recommend this riad to anyone who wants to be close to the souks and the square.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family