“The real deal(heaven)”

Ranked #48 of 499 Hotels in Marrakech
quin,co clare
“The real deal(heaven)”
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Ive just come back from raid vert,and i thought it was very comfortable and authentic. The bed was like my own bed at home,so i slept like a log. Senna ,Isabel and the staff were brilliant and very helpful with taxis ect.The roof top was 5 star relaxation and i would return next year.Thanks everybody.Richard from ireland

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank ricky01quin

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Reviewed 7 May 2014

We stayed at Riad Vert and found it a great place.
The room was lovely, with great ensuite and room enough for our 4 year old too.
The roof top area was peaceful place to rest int he afternoons after the heat of the streets and the plunge pool was very welcome for us and the little one!
The breakfasts were just right but the evening meals, cooked by Fatima, were incredible! Best meal of the holiday.
Isabel and Sana were both friendly and helpful as were all the staff at Riad Vert, suggesting child friendly outings and great places to eat, organising taxis and suggesting best routes to get to our next destination. They also lent us guidebooks which we forgot to bring and showed us on maps best places to go.
It was nice for a family with a small child too, as we could put him to bed and then sit in the courtyard, knowing he was safe in his room and within earshot should he wake. We stayed in the canopy room, which had windows that opened out on to the courtyard area.
Would definitely return to Riad Vert on our next visit to Marrakech.
Thanks so much for a great holiday, see you next time!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Our experience of staying at Riad Vert tallies with that of milo49. I simply do not recognise the warm, friendly place described by others.
My Egyptian partner and I stayed here for 4 nights in April and our visit was far from the romantic, relaxed experience we had been looking forward to. Isabel's behaviour towards us was that of a 1950s boarding house ladylady and Sanaa wasn't much warmer/more helpful. (I have to say here that the other staff were lovely. It was just the owner and manager who were so unwelcoming.)
For example, when I opened my mouth to ask Isabel a question on the morning of our third day, I was shushed by her, because other guests were still asleep. If I had speaking loudly, or if this had been early in the morning, I probably wouldn't have minded, but this was at 9.40am! Also, having several times risked electrocution to fiddle with the dodgy light fitting in the very dark bathroom, I asked if it might be fixed, as the connection was loose and the light kept going out. "It's working now!" I was rudely informed, as if I were lying or intent on causing difficulties.
All in all, we felt incredibly tense and on edge the whole time we were there and heaved a huge sigh of relief when we left.
My advice to anyone considering staying at the Riad Vert is to rethink your plans. You might get the 'welcome' we received: a miserable experience.

2 Thank ClareOz1
riadvert, Propriétaire at Riad Vert Marrakech, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Dear Clare,
I 'm really surprised your comment at least not this time because since you arrived you do not stop bothering other guests present in the riad at the same time in their lavishing advice tours, restaurants ect ... what were , in their words , very rude and pushy. More effectively in the morning you're talking about , it was 9:15 ET you to express yourself hard enough. The riad is a house with 4 walls with a central patio where noise can spread very quickly , we ask our guests in the morning and evening to observe the sleep of others. So I've kindly asked to speak more softly but at no time have I been rude , just qu'effectivem . Regarding your problem ceiling in the bathroom , Sanaa and I have checked several times and we even brought our electrician who found no abnormality. Your ceiling worked perfectly even after your departure with our next guest .
We strive Sanaa and myself to quality service and personalized for each guest that you can see in all popular reviews . We do our utmost to ensure that our guests enjoy their stay . Fortunately you will remain an exception...
regards
Isabel Riad Vert
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 April 2014

We have just returned from a wonderful week at Riad Vert, situated in the Medina. We could not have asked for anything better. The riad is situated right at the heart of the local community and yet is only a fifteen minute walk from Jamaa El Fna, the main square (be prepared to get lost in the narrow side streets - it's guaranteed, it's great fun and there are surprises round every corner!) The riad itself is not only beautiful, it's an oasis of calm and tranquility. It is comfortably furnished in traditional Morroccan style and spotlessly clean. From the moment we arrived, to a very warm welcome, nothing was too much trouble. Isobel (the owner) has a great team of staff who work tirelessly to make sure that guests have an enjoyable stay. We chose to eat at the riad most days as the food is deliciously home - cooked traditional cuisine that cannot be matched in the restaurants. Breakfast is a different feast each day. The roof terrace is a great place to retreat to to read a book or enjoy the sunshine. The staff are more than willing to give advice and arrange trips and airport transfers. We highly recommend Riad Vert!

Thank you to all the staff - Isobel, Sanaa, Ayse, Aziz and Fatima ... We hope to return one day soon!

Mark Richardson
April 2014

Room Tip: Worth paying a little extra for a superior room!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 April 2014

beautiful and comfortable, clean beds and pleasant welcome. It was let down by unhelpful staff, others staying felt the same. Refused to give breakfast to one of our party - a mystery why and very disappointing. Staff would not help with directions, advice re taxis etc.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
riadvert, Propriétaire at Riad Vert Marrakech, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
Dear Nigel,

First of all thank you for taking care to leave us a comment on our riad, cleanliness and hospitality. By cons I am very surprised about your comment about the fact that you have not received good service. Indeed it is myself who've accomodated with a mint tea and you have shown your rooms (one of you had even been upgraded to a superior room). When you decide to explore the Medina of Marrakech, I have provided you with a map and all the necessary explanations to guide you well. Regarding the taxi, I had contacted you by email when your booking afi offer you our transfer but you have not answered me. Year I have therefore concluded that you arrive by your own means.
Regarding the fact that a family member did not have breakfast, this is completely false. When you are down all four to take your breakfast, it was served in the dining room as all our other guests. Your son did not you come and stayed in the patio with her phone connected to wifi. We can not force customers to go take their meals when they are served. Plus it is not very fair to include in your comment the other guests who were delighted with their stay and some would have stayed longer if we had not been complete.
there just go and read the comments that we received at the same time as yours. Sanaa and myself we attach to time and professional hospitality to offer a quality service
and fortunately you remain an exception
regards
Isabel Riad Vert
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 April 2014

We have just come back from staying at the Riad Vert in Marrakech.The Riad is a calm and beautiful oasis for travellers and we loved staying there. Isobel, Sanaa and all the staff cannot do enough for you. Their attention to making your stay the very best of experiences is stunning. The rooms are very clean and comfortable. Staying there is like a home from home. We had lovely breakfasts, and many evening meals, it was like we had a personal chef for the week. Every day we had a new eating experience, traditional food well cooked and a delight. If you are thinking of going to Marrakech book in at the Riad Vert you will not be disappointed.

Milan, Italy
Reviewed 20 April 2014

I had the rare experience of feeling truly at home this past week in Marrakech. The Riad's staff truly, genuinely cared about my experience inside the Riad and in Marrakech as a whole. Between recommendations for restaurants, reservations, taxis, giving complicated directions, and recommending shops that the staff themselves go to, they sincerely didn't miss a beat. Isabel and Sanaa are helpful and efficient in everything they do.

Fatima's cooking is truly wonderful, so be sure to take the staff's advice and eat there when you arrive. Definitely use the taxi service to and from the airport as well. The rooms are clean and comfortable; the rooftop was sunny and peaceful; but the courtyard with a relaxing sofa and music was were I chose to spend my time.

The location is on the north side of the Medina in a zone that seems to be local families. This is a great thing in my opinion, but it's also true you should memorize your way back to the Riad as well as you can on the first time. The street of the Riad is truly calm and safe, but if you get lost too far behind it, you'll have to be clever enough to dodge lots of false guides and young locals trying to profit from you. Either way, I was very happy to be staying tucked away in the quiet rather than in the noise near the square.

Those who left comments saying the Souks/ Center/ Main Square were too far away to walk were definitely doing something wrong. Once we got the hang of the way, we were at the Main Square in 15 minutes or less (and you go through the souks on your way..it's perfect!) But it's true that if you're in any hurry to catch a train or bus or anything, I'd recommend a cab in case you get lost.

I miss it already. Until next time!

Room Tip: A superior room is definitely worth the extra money!