“Hidden Oasis”
Review of Riad Dar Beldia

Riad Dar Beldia
Ranked #103 of 1,160 Marrakech B&B and Inns
Reviewed 16 March 2014

I am not normally a person that writes reviews on hotels etc. but I felt that I had to let others know about this wonderful Riad. I spent 4 wonderful nights here with 3 friends and can only praise Simo and Khalid for their kindness and caring consideration, nothing being too much trouble for them. The rooms and communal areas of this Riad were spotless. I have been to Marrakech before having stayed in a 5 star hotel, but would highly recommend this Riad to others. Thank you Simo and Khalid for making our stay enjoyable. Khalid please say hello to Mahmud, our personal cab driver.

2  Thank Jacey3717
There are newer reviews for Riad Dar Beldia

Reviewed 13 March 2014

4 of us stayed here 5-9th March. Simon and Khalid could not have been more considerate, with no request too much trouble. The Riad was spotless, and the rooftop terrace was lovely, very peaceful, a great escape from the hustle and bustle outside.
Highly recommended to many people since I have returned home.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms on ground floor.
Reviewed 9 March 2014

my three friends and I have just spent 4 wonderful days at this riad. the staff are so welcoming ,kind and friendly, nothing is too much trouble. the rooms were spotless the food was great and we will definitely be returning very soon. highly recommended

Room Tip: all rooms were lovely
2  Thank janet m
Reviewed 19 January 2014

We arrived in Marrakech at 8pm so we booked a hotel transfer to make the process easier for us. It was well worth it as the riad is down a narrow street where a taxi can't go. When we arrived we were served mint tea in the beautiful courtyard before being shown to our room. We stayed in the 'Bahia' room on the 2nd floor (when we booked there was only this and the smallest room available - glad we booked this one as the small one is on the ground floor right near where everyone check in and out). The room was a good size and had a nicely decorated bathroom. The next morning the owner gave us a map and lots of information about the city and we ventured out to explore. When we returned to the hotel we spent a few hours on their beautiful rooftop having a cold drink and watching the sunset - you can see the walls of the royal palace from there. The hotel was within a 10min walk of Djeema el Fna, Bahia palace and Saadian Tombs. There was also a convenience store on the corner and some nice restaurants only a 5 min walk away. We will definitely stay again if we go back to Marrakech.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank HolidayKat_86
Reviewed 13 January 2014 via mobile

Before you read ! It's clean, it smells nice, it looks nice and the staff are very very polite ! Worth it

Because it's too pretty, I decided to share my review before I even check out ! I am a fan of 5 stars and I never risk it with unknown names but when I was looking at the pictures of what they call "Riads" I was very impressed by the design of the rooms and I decided to go for This Riad because I saw real pictures in Trip-advisor and the pool looked so nice ! As soon as you book the staff will ask you whether you need a car to pick you up from the airport and you better say YES cause the location is not very easy to find. New car & polite driver who carried my bags, offered me candies and showed me the important buildings on the way. I reached the Riad and I was so amazed because it was way nicer than the pictures ! The place smells like a spa, the pool adds so much to it and the Moroccan tea was waiting for me by the small pool. I met Khalid (super nice man) and he showed me the room and I wasn't surprised cause its as nice as the lounge area and it's bigger than what's in the pictures (superior double - around 18m2 ) ! I asked them to prepare my dinner and they told me to come down whenever am ready to try the traditional Couscous prepared by Sumaya :) ! It was yummy but way too big for me I didn't even finish half of it cause there was appetisers and it was full :( I was the only person in the dining area and they played Arabic music just for me ❤️ ! Thumbs up for this Riad, they spoiled me

Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Gacilla
Reviewed 6 December 2013

Dears,

It was a perfect long weekend in Marrakech , we were a group of 12 for a friend’s birthday and we privatized this Riad.
The Riad is WOW:) :) :) :) !!!!
Perfect welcoming from Simon who’s in charge of the Riad, he organized everything for us : Quad, swimming pool, lunch…. Ect....
Also the location is super convenient, 10 min walk from the city center :)
Staff, housekeeping is perfect!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks a lot again for everything Simon and see you soon :)

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank cathiebecker
Reviewed 13 November 2013

We were given a warm welcome by Simo when we arrived at Diad Dar Beldia after a long flight, and greeted with a cup of mint tea and an orientation chat.

The riad is small (six rooms), but you won't want for anything while staying there. All the staff are friendly and attentive. They will arrange for cars to and from the airport and you can also eat an evening meal there - I really enjoyed outer Tagine on our first night. They also serve beer and wine, which is useful in an otherwise fairly dry country, alcohol-wise.

You can eat in the dining room, or on the roof-top terrace, which also serves as a solarium, and provides great panoramic views of the City on the Atlas Mountains.

Breakfast is a simple affair, served from 8.30 onwards, and consisting of tea/coffee, freshly squeezed orange juice, bread, a croissant, and a warm pancake or similar with butter, marmalade some fresh fruit or yoghurt, and jam. It is surprisingly filling!

Our room was on the first floor, and had, in common with all the other room (or so I think) a window looking out to the central atrium, but no window looking to the outside (which us a fairly common feature of riads that are tightly packed together), the TV was fine (although the only English Speaking channels we could get were Russia Today, France 24 and Al Jazeera - BBC News was available, but the reception was poor).

The bed was firm and very comfortable, and the bathroom was nice and clean. It was good to have air conditioning in the room.

People have mentioned the noise of the calls to prayer - I would like to point out that a) it's no louder than anywhere else in the city and b) even at 5.00am it's hardly intrusive. Honestly, if you are disturbed by the call to prayer, then Marrakech isn't really the place for you!

Anyway - all in all an excellent place to stay with fine facilities and wonderful staff. I would gladly stay there again.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple