“Fun for the family but not a serious or educational attraction”
Review of Chez Ali

Moroccan Dinner Show 'Fantasia Chez Ali' in Marrakech
Lausanne, Switzerland
136 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 211 helpful votes
“Fun for the family but not a serious or educational attraction”
Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

Horses. Camels. People in costume. Large amounts of half decent food served to entire table. Chez Ali is a dinner show catered to tourists and it's fun & entertaining as long as you don't take it (or yourself) too seriously. To me, it seemed to be the Marrakechian version of Medieval Times. My daughter liked it well enough & to me that helps justify the elevated price a bit.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank theswissmister

• Greek first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Fantasia at Chez Ali”
Reviewed 23 August 2014

First of all, this place has possibly the worst food that was on offer during my week long trip to Marrakech. The food was very overpriced and was simply terrible. I was with a party of four family members and we all subsequently developed terrible diarrhoea and vomiting. I suffered terribly the following day on my bus journey to Essouiera. It is not pleasant vomiting everywhere. I am still suffering from loose stools a week after the fateful meal. Also, the drinks are not included in the price and despite asking for a drinks menu, I never received one. We subsequently paid for extortionately expensive soft drinks.

I can understand why the attraction is priced as it is-to provide for the local economy. However, at least serve fresh food. Avoid the chicken: that is what made us all ill.

The show itself was ok. The horse riders were good to very good. Having travelling extensively throughout the world, would I recommend this: in short, no. No life changing or any cultural learning to be gained.

2 Thank Mubarik2014
Boston, Massachusetts
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Money...Money...”
Reviewed 17 August 2014

it's a big place with live entertainers, a bit too hollywood-esque to my taste. The food was ok and the music was authentic. what I didn't like was the whole money thing. you spend and outrageous price to get in and the dancers will haggle you and bother you to get every penny out of you for tips. The bands look miserable and they will give the stink eye if you don't throw some dirhams their way. To the point that even our server didn't bring back the change (which was a lot) and just simply stated that they didn't have any. I am not sure if management is aware of all of this but this isn't how tourists should be treated. Just skip the place unless it came free with your hotel package.

2 Thank Youssef K
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Not worth it”
Reviewed 16 August 2014

We spent 1800 dirhams for a family of four and was promised a lively show and good food by supratours excursions. The food was absolutely rubbish quality and the service was dismal. There was a shake down on the food as the soft drinks was not included and we had to pay more for the privilege. In my opinion the food was somewhat of a health risk. The show was the only plus but even this was OK not much in content and quality. The show was not doing justice to the performers as the lighting was rubbish and there was poor commentary of the acts. Bottom line is keep your money in your pocket and spend it somewhere else, avoid this tourist trap. Imran C

2 Thank Imran C
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Save Your Money”
Reviewed 10 August 2014

The visit to this attraction was without doubt the low point in our holiday to Marrakech and tarnished what is otherwise a fabulous place to visit.
It was tacky and vastly over priced and has absolutely nothing to do with Morroccan culture.
It reminded me of those people who create lapland attractions in a shed in their back garden and then charge £30 attendance to see a stuffed reindeer.
One to be avoided unless you have a warped sense of humour.

Visited July 2014