“Rather disappointing”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
florakaty
“Rather disappointing”
Reviewed 19 November 2013 via mobile

The service was indifferent, the food even more so. 4 expensive courses of very ordinary, almost peasant food. The main course was lamb tagine - how can that be so wrong in Morocco ?? About 3 mouthfuls of fatty sinew. Wine was good.

Visited November 2013
RM-management, Propriétaire at Restaurant Riad Monceau, responded to this review, 15 January 2014
Dear Guests,
Our clients' opinions are very useful - to us as well as to other fellow travellers, so please let me thank you for writing this review.
I understand you didn’t really enjoy your meal and I must say I am really sorry for that. Our staff do so many efforts to ensure our guests a nice culinary moment and we receive so many lovely feedbacks from our clients that it is hard to understand how one can be so disappointed.
Our chef Rachida Sahnoune is part of the jury of the MarrakChef trophy and the Moroccan tourism authorities regularly ask her to represent the Moroccan gastronomy on big international events so… I guess she doesn’t do such a bad job but I completely agree that all can always be improved. I understand also that whatever the efforts it is simply impossible to meet the expectations of 100% of our guests. Be sure we will definitely take count of your comments anyway. It is the only way we can keep improving.
I hope we’ll have the pleasure and opportunity to welcome you again if you happen to come back to Marrakech and are kind enough to give us a second chance.

• Hebrew first
geneve
“Nice place, service could be improved”
Reviewed 27 October 2013

A very nice riad, beautifull property.
We had a good meal, a bit simple to my taste (carrot soup, briouates and tagine) but very good, tasty and well presented.
The waiters were so so. I called to book that table and I asked them what time they opened. they told me 19h30 so we were there at that time. We were told it was too early and that we will have to wait till 8PM for the kitchen to start. Not what I call a warm welcome... We were with our toddler and there was no kids menu what so ever, we asked for pasta but they did not have anything, we ended up asking for couscous grains with butter, which the kid liked very much but we got scarred at some point that they could not arrange anything for him. Overall good evening but not as pleasant as I hoped.

• Visited October 2013
Dear Guests,
Our clients' opinions are very useful - to us as well as to other fellow travellers, so please let me thank you for writing this very nice review. I understand you have enjoyed this time spent with us and this makes me sincerely happy.
I hope we’ll have the pleasure and opportunity to welcome you again if you happen to come back to Marrakech.
Bolton, United Kingdom
“Where is it?”
Reviewed 4 October 2013

Tried to find the restaurant this evening.

We'll try again tomorrow

Trip adviser want 100 characters, but I have nothing further to add!

Visited October 2013
RM-management, Manager at Restaurant Riad Monceau, responded to this review, 6 October 2013
Dear Guests,
Our clients' opinions are very useful - to us as well as to other travellers, so please let me thank you for writing this review.
I understand you had some troubles in finding us so may I kindly suggest :
1/ you give us a call or send us an email so we can help you ?
2/ you visit our official website where you’ll find a very useful street map with directions (you can also use the map available on TripAdvisor !).
For your information our restaurant is really easy to find, just 100 metres from the Jemaa El fna square !
It’s always good to receive new reviews but – if I may – I have some difficulty to understand how you can give us a mark – good or bad – as long as you never visited us… Isn’t it a bit strange ?
Zagreb Croatia
“Very Romantic!”
Reviewed 3 October 2013

Lovely restaurant, by a pool, in a stunning setting. Small number of tables - very romantic! Great three course Gourmet Moroccan. Well priced. I'd definitely recommend it!

• Visited September 2013
Malaga, Spain
“Excellent Gourmet Moroccan Food”
Reviewed 30 September 2013

We were staying at the hotel, and based on the reviews, decided to eat at the restaurant. Excellent experience overall - Moroccan Gourmet at its finest! We had a lovely table, by the swimming pool, and a set menu to choose from. Special mention goes to the Seafood Pastilla. Also, the staff were simply wonderful.

• Visited August 2013