Riad 58 Blu
Riad Dar Najat(Marrakech)
Riad Yara(Marrakech)
Riad Basma(Marrakech)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsemerald suitethe main squareatlas mountainsroof terracemint teayogurtthe ground floorbeautiful riadeach morningtour guidespent four nightshighly recommend this riadday tripminutes walk from the mainhis teamyour bearingstaxi driver
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 August 2010

I meant to write this last year, but time flies so I am writing it now. My husband and I stayed here as part of our honeymoon. The place is fantastic and the staff is wonderful. You feel like you are visiting friends or family not staying at a hotel. They were more than accommodating, booked things for us and basically made life really easy. I would recommend going to a bath house for a massage and scrub down, it was cheap and super relaxing and they made the reservations for us. I can't tell you enough good things about this place, I had got something in my eye and as a result had an allergic reaction Mohammed drove my husband around on his moped until they found an open pharmacy to buy drops for my eyes. I would never have imagined that kind of service anywhere else. I would stay here again it was fantastic.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 August 2010

Stayed here after reading many reviews. It didn’t disappoint. We had a free transfer from the bus station which was very efficient. Mohammed and indeed all the staff in the Riad were very helpful and attentive to our needs. We stayed in the gold suite which is a lovely large room, big enough for two adults and two children (something not found in many Riads). Very clean (which is very important to my wife), nicely decorated and furnished. Beds were very comfortable and air-conditioning was much needed although it did drip on the 1st night but was fixed the next day after we mentioned it to Mohammed. We did have ants in the room but they all come out in August, apparently, but they didn’t cause us any problems. The Riad has free wi-fi but is painfully slow so don’t expect too much from it.
Breakfast was eaten on the roof terrace, tea or coffee, yoghurt, freshly squeezed orange juice, pancakes, bread and jams. You could also ask for omelette if you wished. A great way to start the day.
We had a walking tour (arranged by the Riad) of the Medina in 45 degree heat in the morning. It was just about worth the 400 dhm. Visited lots of the soukes but also taken to shops where you may feel inclined to buy, we didn’t. Also went to the Atlas mountains (600 dhms – arranged by Riad) included visit to a Berber house for mint tea. The lunch at the restaurant we were taken to was not so great, didn’t have the set meal they seem to give you as the only expensive option. The river next to the restaurant also wasn’t the cleanest with some plastic bottles and other rubbish lying around. We had to hire a guide in the mountains (200 dhms) to hike up to the waterfalls. The guide was excellent and well worth the money. He carried my youngest daughter (age 5) most of the way. Great views and quite a tough climb. Don’t expect to be on your own though, its popular. This was a great trip to do whilst in Marrakech and would really recommend it for the whole family.
In the Medina we ate on the food stalls 2 nights running which was a great experience and cheap (no dodgy tummies). If you are planning a trip it may well be worth reading reviews but not many good ones reviewed were actually in the Medina. Haggling can be tiresome but necessary. Our guide said they normally ask for twice as much as they are willing to accept but we bought a little painting for 100 dhm and were originally asked for 600 dhm. I still think we overpaid!
Overall Marrakech and Riad 58 Blu were the best part of our trip to Morroco. Well worth the visit.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 August 2010

We stayed here for 5 nights in May and I cannot say a bad word about the place. Having never been to Marrakech before we didn't realise how important the included transfer from the airport was to get to the Riad as the streets are incredibly confusing. we would never have found it alone.
from the minute we stepped into the Riad we realised we had made a great choice. the decor and rooms were amazing, the staff incredibly polite and attentive and the service was impeccable. On the first afternoon Paolo walked with us to the medina so we could get our bearings and from then on the 5 days were one amazing adventure of wandering round this amazing city. the Riad is perfectly placed to do this.
Mohammed was brilliant at arranging trips (atlas mountains) and recommending restaurants, especially seeing as my wife was 5 months pregnant - not easy in Marrakech. Smile was great and helped us a few times, and served us amazing breakfasts. Paolo was great at recommending where to go when we wanted to find a nice swimming pool for the day.
all in all an amazing stay in an amazing city. once you have got used to the haggling, calls to prayer at 5am and pestering from kids and shopkeepers you will love this city, and I could not think of a better place to stay to explore it.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 August 2010

We were traveling with one teenager and a 9 year old, so did not know if Marrakech would suit them. But after traveling to Spain, and Italy and Morocco, guess what - it was Marrakech they liked the best!! The staff at Riad Blue is friendly, personable and very helpful. Mohammed, Ismael and Paolo make sure all questions are answered and you get what you need. The hotel is close to the old Medina, and a short walking distance to all the major tourist hot spots. The rooms itself was large, each kid had their own bed, moreover the decor is exquisite. We are very glad we made this choice!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 August 2010

I took my wife and two teenage children for a 3 day break to Marrakesh. I am in my late forties and have travelled the world on many business trips. After three days I genuinely wanted to tell my friends and recommend Riad 58 Blu to my reletaives. From first impressions the Riad was fantastic - a definite wow! Clean, colourful and yet tranquil. Situated in a less touristy part of the city, the Riad was in fact ideally situated for us. Mohammed, Paolo and Smile looked after us from start to finish, helping us orgainse each days events. Nothing was too much trouble. Mohammed arranged the best tables at recommended restaraunts. and arranged for an English speaking driver 'Yoness' to take us for a day out in the Atlas Mountains. Overall 10 out of 10.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family