“Perfect in Every Way” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #35 of 508 Hotels in Marrakech
Hertford
“Perfect in Every Way”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2010

Our first visit to Marrakesh, we stayed at the peaceful Riad 58 Blu. Our expectations were high as we had read so many rave reviews prior to booking and we were not disappointed. Indeed, the Riad exceeded our expectations. It is owned and managed by a charming Italian guy called Paolo who is ably assisted by Mohammed and 'Smiley' plus a couple of hard working cleaners who even polish the leaves of the plants, such is the attention to detail. The Riad is spotless and tranquil beyond words. Beautiful tiles abound together with Moroccan tapestries to offer guest a unique experience. Breakfasts on the terrace were of exeptional quality. The rooms were beautifully furnished and comfortable in every way. I appreciated the free use of the internet to check the occasional business mail.
All the team at Riad 58 Blu went out of their way to ensure our stay would be memorable. They booked us an excellent guide to take us round the town and another to visit the Mountains and a real Berber family home. (We would recommend guest book their guides this way and avoid the less reputable offers of 'guides' that approach tourists from time to time).
The Riad is a 10 minute walk from the main square and removed from any busy roads, enhancing its tranquility. Fully recommend! Paul & Jane.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
SF Bay Area
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2010

Traveling to Morocco was an added adventure on a 7 week adventure through Europe/Eastern Europe. When I arrived in Marrakesh I had no Lonely Planet and no clue of what to do outside of visiting the souks. Not to worry because my guardian angel Mohammad, the manager at Riad 58 Blu, set me up with the best itinerary a girl could ask for. When I told Mohammad I needed to change $, he took me on his motorcycle through the city to change money, make a massage appointment and buy some "sweets" for my mom. He arranged my tour to the Atlas mountains, my dinner reservations, and most especially important is that he took the time to chat with me about Morocco and the people, that is priceless. When I returned from the Atlas Mountain tour my laundry was washed and folded as a kind gesture. I have never found a more friendly and kind place to lay my head, and I've backpacked through 70 countries to date!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with friends
Cheshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2010

This little Riad was fantastic. The staff were incredible. Every afternoon/evening that we returned they wanted to know all about our day and how we were finding the city. Such a warm welcome. All the rooms were comfortable clean safe and very beautifully decorated. The roof top terrace let me see the hectic sea of other roof tops across the city with a faint outline of the distant mountains. We felt really looked after and our short stay was definately made by the people we met through and within the Riad. Thank you.

• Liked — The way it looked and it's staff
  • Disliked — the air conditioning leaked in the bathroom a little bit.
  • Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
      Check-in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
Burnham on Sea
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2010

We stayed at Riad 58 Blu fro 28th-31st August, And found a true piece of Heaven. From the First moment that we were met at the airport everything was perfect. Mohammed and Smile were the perfect hosts nothing was too much trouble. Mohammed was an absolute mine of information on the local area; And arranged all of the trips that we wanted to do with efficiency and ease. We had a personal guide for the two of us to discover ancient Marrakesh and a full day trek into the Ourika valley to meet the Berbers and see the waterfall,. What an adventure!!!
The Riad is Beautful in every detail and a real retreat from the wonderful frenzy and chaos going on outside. Just a few minutes walk from the Jeema el Fna and right in the centre of all the local action. We were sorry to come home and cannot wait to return.

Shukran
Martin and Shirley Rich

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
Brussels, Belgium
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2010

I meant to write this last year, but time flies so I am writing it now. My husband and I stayed here as part of our honeymoon. The place is fantastic and the staff is wonderful. You feel like you are visiting friends or family not staying at a hotel. They were more than accommodating, booked things for us and basically made life really easy. I would recommend going to a bath house for a massage and scrub down, it was cheap and super relaxing and they made the reservations for us. I can't tell you enough good things about this place, I had got something in my eye and as a result had an allergic reaction Mohammed drove my husband around on his moped until they found an open pharmacy to buy drops for my eyes. I would never have imagined that kind of service anywhere else. I would stay here again it was fantastic.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple
Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2010

Stayed here after reading many reviews. It didn’t disappoint. We had a free transfer from the bus station which was very efficient. Mohammed and indeed all the staff in the Riad were very helpful and attentive to our needs. We stayed in the gold suite which is a lovely large room, big enough for two adults and two children (something not found in many Riads). Very clean (which is very important to my wife), nicely decorated and furnished. Beds were very comfortable and air-conditioning was much needed although it did drip on the 1st night but was fixed the next day after we mentioned it to Mohammed. We did have ants in the room but they all come out in August, apparently, but they didn’t cause us any problems. The Riad has free wi-fi but is painfully slow so don’t expect too much from it.
Breakfast was eaten on the roof terrace, tea or coffee, yoghurt, freshly squeezed orange juice, pancakes, bread and jams. You could also ask for omelette if you wished. A great way to start the day.
We had a walking tour (arranged by the Riad) of the Medina in 45 degree heat in the morning. It was just about worth the 400 dhm. Visited lots of the soukes but also taken to shops where you may feel inclined to buy, we didn’t. Also went to the Atlas mountains (600 dhms – arranged by Riad) included visit to a Berber house for mint tea. The lunch at the restaurant we were taken to was not so great, didn’t have the set meal they seem to give you as the only expensive option. The river next to the restaurant also wasn’t the cleanest with some plastic bottles and other rubbish lying around. We had to hire a guide in the mountains (200 dhms) to hike up to the waterfalls. The guide was excellent and well worth the money. He carried my youngest daughter (age 5) most of the way. Great views and quite a tough climb. Don’t expect to be on your own though, its popular. This was a great trip to do whilst in Marrakech and would really recommend it for the whole family.
In the Medina we ate on the food stalls 2 nights running which was a great experience and cheap (no dodgy tummies). If you are planning a trip it may well be worth reading reviews but not many good ones reviewed were actually in the Medina. Haggling can be tiresome but necessary. Our guide said they normally ask for twice as much as they are willing to accept but we bought a little painting for 100 dhm and were originally asked for 600 dhm. I still think we overpaid!
Overall Marrakech and Riad 58 Blu were the best part of our trip to Morroco. Well worth the visit.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
Manchester
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2010

We stayed here for 5 nights in May and I cannot say a bad word about the place. Having never been to Marrakech before we didn't realise how important the included transfer from the airport was to get to the Riad as the streets are incredibly confusing. we would never have found it alone.
from the minute we stepped into the Riad we realised we had made a great choice. the decor and rooms were amazing, the staff incredibly polite and attentive and the service was impeccable. On the first afternoon Paolo walked with us to the medina so we could get our bearings and from then on the 5 days were one amazing adventure of wandering round this amazing city. the Riad is perfectly placed to do this.
Mohammed was brilliant at arranging trips (atlas mountains) and recommending restaurants, especially seeing as my wife was 5 months pregnant - not easy in Marrakech. Smile was great and helped us a few times, and served us amazing breakfasts. Paolo was great at recommending where to go when we wanted to find a nice swimming pool for the day.
all in all an amazing stay in an amazing city. once you have got used to the haggling, calls to prayer at 5am and pestering from kids and shopkeepers you will love this city, and I could not think of a better place to stay to explore it.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple