We have stayed a few days at Rose Sultan at the beginning of November 2008. I have read the latest tripadvisor reviews, unfortunately, only after I came back, and completely agreed with the review of farid75. I wish I had read this before, I would have chosen another place to stay in Marrakech!
OK, the place is beautiful but, given the price you pay, you expect MUCH more! There is just no service in this hotel!
Majid, the owner, is a very nice person but you can guess that he has no background in the hotel business.
A few examples:
- almost no staff in the hotel, nobody at the reception, the owner is often away and if you are lucky enough to find an employee, he often doesn't have a clue how to help you
- the waiters are completely unprofessional, they either bring you your meal 1H30 after sitting for lunch or bring all the plates almost at the same time and have no idea of what they are serving
- if you need some help for organising your stay in Marrakech (book a restaurant, a spa, a tour...), try somebody else. Staying in Rose Sultan will not prevent you at all from abusive taxi drivers, as you will be highly dependent of them to get to the center. No information/ advice available regarding nice visits, restaurants etc
- pool is not heated, which was a real disppointment
- breakfast: bread, coffee, juice, that's it!
- the information on the website is really exaggerated: no hammam, no chauffeur to the city at a fixed rate, you have to call taxis on your own and it can often take hours, rooms are rather rooms than suites, no tours available etc...
Really, I wonder how some reviews I read can be so good. We haven't been staying in the same hotel!
As the place is beautiful, maybe you should try going there....in 2 years, once the team has developed some experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A beautiful and peaceful area, not far from the bustle of the red city, welcomes you. Set in a beautiful area of over 2.5 acre, facing the Atlas, ROSE SULTAN villa has beautiful gardens with a typical Berber tent, a place to relax. 21m / 6m Infinity heated pool, with sundeck, Jacuzzi, table tennis and petanque. Our chef offers a quality catering (Occidental cuisine and local specialties). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Prestigia, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Rose Sultan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rose Sultan Marrakech
- Rose Sultan Hotel Marrakech