“I don't know why they are ranked #20”

Riad Dixneuf La Ksour
Ranked #9 of 1,153 Marrakech B&B and Inns
New York City, New York
“I don't know why they are ranked #20”
Reviewed 23 June 2012

Riad Dixneuf La Ksour and their staff made our stay in Morocco amazing. I am in my mid 30's and traveled with 4 of my girlfriends all the same age. The Riad is located in the middle of everything but in an alley way that is quiet enough that you don't feel like your in the midst of the city. Their accomodations are absolutely beautiful and the fact that they only have 6 rooms made for an intimate experience. They set up our tours, they cooked for us and kept the Riad immaculate. Michele, Muhammad and especially Mustafa are the best! I can't wait to return!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 20 June 2012

It has only been a couple of hours since I checked out earlier today, and I couldn't wait till I get home to write a review.

What makes this riad a must-go is the 3Ms - Michele, Mustafa and Muhammad. Their warm, kind and welcoming nature are beyond any other places I have visited.

The room is clean with a hugeee bathroom. The bed and pillows are comfortable. Everything that you could possibly need is provided.

The riad has a plunge pool, a roof terrace overlooking the medina AND is VERY closely located to the Djma' El Fanaa - just about a 5 min walk.

Marrakech is an amazing city with beautiful people, but what makes me want to go back again is this riad and the 3 lovely Ms I encountered throughout my stay.

A heartfelt thank you to Michele, Mustafa and Muhammad for the beyond excellent service that touched our hearts. I highly and unreservedly recommend anyone to stay at this riad when visiting Marrakech.

• Stayed June 2012
Belle Haven, Virginia
Reviewed 16 June 2012

Discreet, Tranquil, perfect. This Riad captures the exotic architecture of Morocco but with all the modern conveniences. Located in the Medina and steps from all the market areas, Riad Dixneuf is the perfect antidote to the chaos that is Marrakesh. Everything about Michele's Riad is designed around the client experience, from the unique infinity pool to the various sitting rooms around the courtyard, to the roof deck, the suites and of course the service - Mohamed and the entire staff are there when you need them but are very discreet otherwise. My wife and I had a private dinner at the Riad (highly recommended) beside the pool, very romantic. Ask Michele for my email address and I'd be glad to answer any other questions you might have. Go soon!

Room Tip: in Marrakesh you have to have a connection to the people you're doing business with, surprises a...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
New York
Reviewed 27 May 2012

This riad is unbelievable; it really is like being transported to another world just outside of the busy, narrow streets of the city. The courtyard has a cool pool that is perfect for dipping your feet after a long, hot day. All of the sitting rooms are decorated differently, and there is so much space to just relax and enjoy yourself. There are only 6 bedrooms, and they are all variations on a theme (something like Moroccan-French), and are all exquisitely designed, down to every single detail. In short, the riad is beautiful—even the kitchen is stunning. The roof terrace offers a view of the large minaret, the surrounding city, and—on a clear day—the mountains. I highly recommend eating your dinner here, and maybe even your breakfast. In fact, the food here is incredible, particularly the homemade breakfast. Everything is so fresh and so delicious. Lastly, the staff is probably the best we have encountered anywhere. They are so attentive, so welcoming, and overall just very pleasant. Muhammed arranged our dinner just as we would have wanted without our even asking, Mustapha magically appeared on his motorbike when we were lost in the city and trying to find our way to the riad. They are wonderful and we were sad to leave both the riad and its staff. Will definitely return in the future.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank marloma
Lausanne
Reviewed 20 May 2012

My wife and I are always keen to look for little charming escapes with great value for money and good taste and style. Riad Dixneuf la Ksour is the answer!
This Riad enchanted us from the very first step we made in. We had seen the posted photos of tripadvisor users and our expectations were very high, but we were more than satisfied!

This Riad is an amazing ensemble of good taste, attention to detail and personal touch. Mohammed’s welcome with mint tea and Moroccan pastries next to the pool and bird’s singing …was just a magic moment. He introduced us to the do’s and don’t of this chaotic city and showed us our room which was bigger and better than expected.

In the same evening we had our first Tagine next to the pool, fresh flowers everywhere and candles. The whole Riad seamed to be there just for us. For this one private dinner experience 25€ p. P. were ok. Otherwise we recommend visiting other restaurants with great atmosphere, more choice and less expensive.
At that moment we were not yet realizing that this Riad would be our escape and little oasis within this buzzing, hot and dirty Medina.
Indeed this place is just located perfectly to get lost in the middle of the crazy and colourful Souks, but also to take a taxi and enter in another Bab (gate to the Medina) or to go to the Nouvelle Ville.

We slept peacefully 5 nights in the Riad always looking forward to the delicious breakfast and never stressed to wake up too late. Mustafa gave us the feeling to be there just for us to prepare fresh orange juice and serve fresh Moroccan pancakes and fruits.

All in all it was this Riad that made us enjoy Marrakech as much as we did and we believe that this is key for a trip to Marrakech.

In sum there are three main reasons to go to Riad Dixneuf la Ksour:
1. Style and taste (every little corner is worth a photo)
2. Perfect location
3. Personal and very friendly service

Some useful advices for petit taxi from bab la ksour (Riad) to:
Majorelle Gardens = 15 dirhams
Bab Agnaou = 10 dirhams
Nouvelle Ville (Post) = 10 dirhams
Make sure you always negotiate, never accept the first price and don't start with your final price.
The airport transfer by taxi might be much less expensive (but no AC) that the special hotel transfer.

Thank you Riad Dixneuf la ksour for making our stay so wonderful! We will recommend it to our friends and families.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 16 May 2012

My husband and I stayed in the Ummah room in April 2012 in and we absolutely loved it! Our room on the second floor was just perfect with a very comfortable bed and great big bathroom, exactly as per the description and pictures from their website.

The elegant Riad is in an ideal location in the Medina and about a 5-10 minute walk to the Jemaa el Fna square and the Souks and there are also plenty of nice shops, cafes and restaurants close by.

We really enjoyed our breakfasts on the terrace each morning which has great views across to the Atlas Mountains. We also had a couple of three course dinners at the Riad which were just delicious and prepared specially for us with fresh produce from the souks that day.

Michèle and all the staff, particularly Mohamed, Mustafa and Mina, were just amazing and they made us feel completely at home. Michèle was so lovely and helpful with great tips on what to see and do. She even arranged to have our bus tickets to Essaouira purchased and stored our luggage while we went there.

We really hope to return again to the beautiful Riad Dixneuf and Marrakech one day soon!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Montreal
Reviewed 3 May 2012 via mobile

I stayed at the Riad from February 19 to February 27.

When reserved a room in this Riad after reading all the previous reviews, I had a lot of expectation. I expected the place to look as nice as in pictures, clean and well maintained, the staff to be kind and helpful. I expected to have a pleasant stay in a beautifully designed Riad.

I've got so much more.

How could pictures describe the scene of the Riad at dusk, when you're sitting in this cosy salon listening to the sound of the pool's running water entangling with the flickering from the fireplace and the Moroccan music resonance on the water's surface where candlelight's reflections are dancing? Or the feeling of serenity when you push this wooden door, leaving behind the dusty street and enter this courtyard of vegetation and flowers?

And no picture nor words could say enough about the persons working under this root.

Staying at Dixneuf La Ksour is to cross this angel-face Wafa every morning. It is to be under thousand cares from this so kind hearted Mina as though you are her own little sister. And it's having access to the talented Atika's cuisine.

Michele has been such a resourceful help to turn what could have been a disaster vacations into a week that I'll remember for a very long time. This lady has so generously offered to organize my visits and even my return back home. Her generosity has no limit and her courage is inspiring.

I take my hat off to the two gentlemen Mohamed and Mustapha for their hard work, for their way of giving much more than what's possible to help me have a pleasant stay in Marrakech while being so discreet about it. I was so touched when I told Mohamed I wanted to see a show and that he offered to accompany me to the place and then to come pick me up after the show to make sure I'm safe. He's been at the Riad since the first wall was raised I've learned, such a loyalty reflects in the way he puts his all into his work. Mustapha, in the same manner, always goes beyond his duties, I've witnessed him exhausting himself to work while keeping his smile; watching him work with such an unwearied assiduity, one could be easily convinced he could go very far in life.

How do i thank them all enough for bringing me to their family and let me have such a wonderful time with them, to insist to make sure I'm eating well, I'm being well, that I'm enjoying my week in Marrakech? I thank them all for sharing with me their stories, their past, their dreams, for inspiring me with their courage and hard work, for having greatly affected me in a good way...

And to made me fall in love with their country.

Dixneuf La Ksour is not a Riad, it's a story to live by.

Stayed February 2012