“A Real Oasis”

Riad Dixneuf La Ksour
Ranked #13 of 1,160 Marrakech B&B and Inns
Reviewed 13 February 2013

My wife and I stayed in the Riad Dixneuf, May '12'. It was brilliant...!

We chose it, as we had read how close it is to the medina and it turned out to be even closer and so well hidden, you would never even know it was there. From the minute we walked through the 'oldy worldy' front door we were happy in every way.

The Riad is furnished and decorated to a very high standard, the staff were all very helpful and friendly, the food we ate there was great, plenty of which is homemade and very fresh, I suggested I'd like a simple steak, chips and salad one evening and that was not a problem. Only thing to watch out for is the price of small bottled beer at 6 euros each its easy to run up a rather large tab in the heat and at those prices, however, you'll find most places around the medina and in the new city charge the same.

Our room was very comfortable and was cleaned every day. Nothing was too much trouble for Riad Dixneuf team, who were so helpful and polite, it made us smile.

The pool is very quaint and the roof terrace was a great retreat, many guests chose to dine on the roof terrace, which really made the staff work for there dirhams. If we ever return to Marrakech, we will be heading straight for Riad Dixneuf La Ksour.

Thank You All For a Wonderful Experience.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Riad Dixneuf La Ksour

Reviewed 3 February 2013

The service was impeccable from the moment I arrived - nothing was too much trouble, Mohammed, Mustapha and Eva made my stay truly special and gave me some great advice on the city. I was a bit nervous about traveling to Marrakesh on my own, but the Riad was in a great location on a well lit street not far from the centre of the medina and was really easy to find. For me, Dixneuf provided an oasis of calm in the middle of a crazy, wonderful city.

The Riad is stunning, full of great little unique design details and special touches (I loved the bath robes)! Breakfast was delicious - the home made yoghurt was out of this world - and lunch was simply the best food I ate my whole time in Morocco (the chicken tagine was spiced and seasoned to perfection). The Riad only has six rooms, so it feels intimate and homely - I'm sure if the place was larger it would be rated #1 on tripadvisor, but if it had more rooms it wouldn't be nearly as special. I stayed in the Tanger room which was the perfect size for me - I took a peek at the other bedrooms and they were all stunning. The roof terrace made a great spot to soak up the sun, or retreat into the shade and the library made a really cosy spot for a drink before venturing into the square to watch a magical evening unfurl. I couldn't fault anything about my stay and am already planning when I can come back again.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 January 2013

...or at least that is the way it felt.
The Riad itself is straight out of a design magazine and is truly stunning in its mixture of traditional and contemporary design, its looks much older but is in fact only 4 years old. the manager Eva was incredibly helpful from the moment we arrived as well as Mohammad and Mustapha her assistants. I was in a party of 5 and for most of out three night stay we had the place to ourselves and everyone was very helpful and not intrusive. I strongly recommend that you get the hotel to arrange for a guide to show you the sites of the medina, our guide Ali was great and we had him for 5 hours and were charged 50 Euro's intotal for 5 of us, so great value for money. Breakfast was also very good. The rooms themselves are all individually designed and vary in size, if I did have a couple of very minor complaints it would be the mattresses on all the beds were incredibly hard and unforgiving and often we would run out of hot water during the second shower of the evening so I think they need bigger water tanks.However overall this is a fantastic place.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 January 2013

Entering this riad close to the edge of the medina, the wow factor is guaranteed: one passes through the door to enter a fairy tale decor of a candle-lit pool surrounded at the first floor by the guestrooms, which by themselves are well furnished in a traditional style but without being busy. Breakfast by the pool, dinner by the fire or coffee on the terrace were fantastic. Bed was comfortable, towels were soft and toiletries very nice, cooking was fine. But the true wow is for the people: under the watchful eye of Eva, who can arrange everything from airport pickups to medina tours and emergency hospital visits (yes, anything can happen on a trip...), are Mohammed, Mustafa, Fatima and the rest of the team who smile, keep things orderly and are there for anything. Just wow!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank camelia_d
brigitteb19, Propriétaire at Riad Dixneuf La Ksour, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2013

Thanks for your "wow" message Camilla. All the staff was delighted to meet you and did appreciate your good mood and in all circumstances ! And yes, we try to arrange everything for our guests, even when not expected like emergency hospital "tour" with private car in front of the door! We were glad that it went all fine and more frightened than hurt hopefully. Take care. Kindest regards.
Brigitte

Reviewed 11 January 2013

My husband and I visited Marrakech at the end of Dec and chose to stay at Riad Dixneuf. Our stay was fantastic thanks to the efforts made by Eva, Muhammed, Mustafa, Atika and the rest of the staff. We were so well taken care of and everybody went out of their way to make our stay comfortable, and enjoyable. Eva did a great job in helping us organize our day tours, making reservations for dinner, and generally guide us on things we should do/see.
Chef Atika deserves a special mention for her extremely delicious food. We ate at a few different places within Marrakech but food cooked by her was just incredible – simple and tasty.
The Riad itself is immaculate and incredibly well maintained. We enjoyed every moment of staying at Dixneuf. It felt like staying at a Moroccan home with fun loving people around. We would highly recommend the Riad to all our friends, family and anybody looking to visit Marrakech!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 December 2012

My partner and 19 month old son visited riad Dixneuf in October this year for one week. The riad itself is stunning. The location is perfect walking distance from the medina yet it is in a very peaceful location. The roof terrace is great for soaking up the sun and for admiring the views of the medina at night. The breakfast is simple but pleasant (although if I was being very fussy I would of loved a slightly healthier alternative). All the staff were extremely helpful, particularly Mustafa (apologies if this is spelt incorrectly), who went out of his way to retrieve our sons beloved 'glowbug' after we left it in a taxi on an evening out. Mustafa also showed us round the food markets which was fantastic! I would highly recommend this riad and would like to thank all the staff at Dixneuf for making our stay so memorable!

Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 December 2012

I stayed few nights end Nov 2012 in Riad Dixneuf for my sister's birthday where both of us were joined by other friends.The stay was stunning from start to end.
The general manager Eva, the Riad and all the staff (chef included) were just amazing in welcoming us, guiding us, advising us and making sure all details were covered.
We felt as being part of a family in a joyful, lovely, peaceful, high standard service and gorgeous beautifully decorated suites & rooms.
I will definitely go back and advise anyone to do so.
It's a special Riad to discover and enjoy such as Marrakech!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends