Riad Dixneuf La Ksour
US$92
US$177
US$128
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsblack marble bathroomroof terracehidden oasisbeautiful riadeasy accessyogurtcooking classthe entire staffsmall poolevery morningfelt like homecomfortable roomsthree nightsbusy medinamint teathe hustle and bustleplunge pool
Reviewed 11 February 2010

We booked our stay in Riad Dixneuf La Ksour after reading all the positive reviews on the Tripadvisor site - and what a winner it proved to be! It has an easy access to the souks and main square and is easy to find. And once you enter, you are in for a treat. The accommodation is five star with the most comfortable bedrooms, spacious bathrooms, safe, 24 hour Internet access, roof terrace for breakfast, dinner or just for taking up the views of the Atlas mountains. Several tastefully decorated communal rooms on the ground floor insure enough space to read, write or watch TV while having the sound of the water from the pool softly echoing the space. In case of a cold evening there are fire-places. This place invites a romance. The staff (especially Muhammad) is courteous, attentive and friendly. The dinner cooked by Ihsan delicious. Christian, the manager, is the pillar of the place. He runs it with calm resolve and high standards and goes out of his ways to solve traveller's needs. We are looking forward the day, when we return and will always keep fond memories of our stay in Riad Dixneuf La Ksour.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BohemiangirlinWorld
Reviewed 30 January 2010

This Riad is comfortable with friendly staff and in an ideal location a stones throw from the square and other attractions. I have stayed in a few Riads in the past that are generally down dark alleys and can be a bit intimidating at night but this Riad is perfect if you are a girls on your own. It is very close to the main street but still quiet and peaceful.
Christian and Mohammed made us very welcome and looked after us so well.
On the afternoon of our arrival we were greeted with Moroccan tea and biscuits and allowed to settle, relax and explore the Riad. We then had a delicious three course dinner at a very resonable price.

We spent two days exploring and on our final day we requested some sandwiches for our onward journey this was not a problem and provided free of charge which I thought was a lovely touch. They also helped us get a taxi to the bus station and waved us off.

I would highly recommend a stay here for a lovely experience.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 January 2010

I recently returned from spending three nights in Marrakech at this splendid Riad. We were treated with genuine courtesy and professionalism by Christian and his staff. The Riad is a beautifully constructed building with artful appointments everywhere you look. The decor is the epitome of tasteful Moroccan style decorated with carefully selected African arts. The rooms are very well appointed, great fireplace on the coldest night in Marrakech, with excellent bathrooms as well. We also enjoyed a superb Moroccan dinner elevated with creativity in the Riad our first night. Breakfasts were equally delicious with their house made yoghurts and fresh breads. The location is also very convenient for accessing the Medina without being in a noisy spot. If you're looking for a beautiful and intimate Riad setting with a highly professional staff you need look no further than Riad Dixneuf.
Mes compliments Christian!

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jamoraw
Reviewed 7 January 2010

If you are looking for a nice place close to the Djemaa el Fna square in Marrakech (it takes about 5 minutes walk), this Riad is a great place to consider. It is not only because the place is charming and very well mantained, or just because it is ideally located, but it is also because the friendly staff and the (at least) 4-star room we stayed at (called Sabah). I don't know how the other rooms are, but seeing how nice and in good shape everything is, I guess they don't differ much (maybe bigger or smaller, but probably also very carefully taken care of).

We doubted if staying in the Medina at a Riad would be a good idea, because we could find modern 5-star hotels at similar rates in Internet booking sites. However, we wanted to experience how staying in a "more typical" hotel would be, besides the fact that we did not want to walk for more than 10 minutes to get to the souks, the square or the Koutoubia (most of the hotels say that they are close to the square, but - although some are really not too far and the walk is nice and safe - you can expect at least a 15-20 minute walk if you are outside the Medina walls: it's ok if you want a bigger and more international place to stay, of course). We saw a couple of other Riads, and - although I don't know how they are - I am glad we chose this one. We were taken care of since the moment we put our foot on Marrakech by Mr. Cristian, a very nice french guy who seems to be the owner or the manager. We feel that he is checking constantly that everything related to our stay is fine (even though we were not "easy", as we did not know how long we would stay - in the end it was 4 nights). The rest of the staff alse attended us always very well and, most important, with a big smile.

The room is as you see in the pictures: typical but comfortable, with modern hotel facilities and quite big. The bathroom is impressive and surprising, as it is quite hidden inside the room: a small stairway (10 steps) leads to it, which is something to consider if you have problems with stairs. I may suggest some kind of separation between shower and toilet, but that is quite unimportant. I thought it was quite funny that rooms did not have TV sets, but when we asked, they kindly offered to put one for free (which they did, with over 400 satellite channels!!!). If you wish to have one, I would suggest to ask in advance as they seem to have just 2 sets available... Free Wifi Internet access was also very good to have.

Regarding the breakfast, apparently you can have it in the terrace but, as we were in January, it was quite cold and we had it inside. It was not a buffet breakfast, but it was great (orange juice, fruit, impressive home-made yogurt, bread, marmelade, etc.). I asked for chocolate, which sometimes you cannot find at hotels, and - of course! - they had too. I may have missed something warm (like eggs...), but it was really good anyway. We did not use the small heated pool which seemed to me to be more "decorative" than useful, but I guess it's good to have one just in case...

I may seem to be friends with this Riad or something but it is just that we really felt very well... I work in the hospitality business and know that reviews are important for both hotels and guests, so I just want to share my experience of a place I was very comfortable at. And even though we are fortunately used to staying at big 4 to 5-star hotels (because of our jobs), we did not miss many things here (just people hanging around the hotel, as it only has 5 or 6 rooms, but I guess it's a good thing to miss during your holidays, specially after the crowds in the souks!!!). We might have been also well somewhere else, but I don't think we would have been much better, so thanks to Cristian and the staff.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Oskar_1975
Reviewed 30 November 2009

You cannot go to Marrakech and not stay here. Everything from the decor to the food, to the rooms to the location and most importantly to the people (especially Christian and Mammad) exceed expectations! The Riad is in the best location around, close to the souks, the "square" and the restaurants and shops. It is clean and has such charm. The staff is amazing and makes you feel like family. I highly recommend to stay here, I promise you will not be disappointed! Enjoy!!

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with friends