“A warm welcome”

Ranked #193 of 895 Restaurants in Marrakech
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 16 February 2014

We got our hotel to book us a table for dinner and were hailed by a member of Dar Mima who was waiting for us in the main road and who guided us down the alleyways to the restaurant. We could not have wished for a warmer welcome. Madame was very charming throughout the evening and greeted us with a small glass of milk flavoured with orange blossoms. We were given olives with our wine, and both of us enjoyed the food: Harira soup with dates, and chicken in Filo pastry to start, followed by Lamb tagine with prunes which compared well to others we have eaten over the years. After dessert, tea and coffee with little biscuits were offered free.
We will certainly go back again in the future

There are newer reviews for Dar Mima

Reviewed 6 January 2014 via mobile

Take your time, relax, and take your time again..
We went there for our 11 anniversary dinner and nothing would have ever break the magic of our moment, nevertheless, the service received could have done it easily.
First of all the restaurant seemed closed, there is a bell on the left side of the door. The woman that I denominated as the owner appeared after a while and for the look on her face, if you get there without reservation you're not welcomed.
Across the corridors and the hall you can see that the restaurant is very well decorated, and tables are very comfortable and cozy. Thank god, because you will have to be waiting unless 20 mins to be asked for your beverages and food.
They had wine at good prices (130dh) what made the waiting more affordable, taking into account that It was the only restaurant in morroco that hasn't offered us some olives and sauces with bread.
About the food I have to say that it was very well cooked and tasty but sadly the presentation of the plates was as poor as the school meals.
After two hours we ended our anniversary dinner (VISA is accepted) disappointed with the service received and paid but happy celebrating we're going to get married!

1  Thank Pippeson
Reviewed 20 March 2013

I am quite easily pleased when it comes to food. I generally eat anything, and am certainly not a food snob because I wouldn't know how to be. I've been brought up on traditional British food like curry, chilli, lasagne and Thai green curry, you know - tasty food with spices and variety from around the world. If your like me you will find Moroccan food very tasteless in comparison.

This place was truly awful. It is very difficult to find being at the end (dead end) of a very dark series of alleys ways. The restaurant décor is very nice like most of the Riad style restaurants but the first thing you will notice are the cats. Six tables in the courtyard with three of them set for eating when we arrived. The other three were populated by cats, including the cats food bowls on one table. Nothing against cats just don't want them sat at my table with me when I'm eating.

Next the WC, is unbelievably a toilet cubicle right off the dining courtyard, and by the end of the night there is a smell emanating from it. The noise from it is also quite disturbing. Probably the most embarrassing WC set up I have seen in a restaurant.

I started with an amazingly bland soup, do they not use salt in their cooking?

I had Lamb Tangine with almonds and prunes to follow which was okay, quite sweet but sadly lacking in the lamb department! My wife had chicken citrus (lemon). She said it was awful and gave me a piece to try. I have to say it is the closest I have come to being sick in a restaurant ever. It was rancid.

Forget the pretentious and cursory washing of hands prior to the meal and concentrate on washing the kitchen and the food!!

This is apparently a well known restaurant, but clearly living off past and sadly redundant glories. French owned so recommended by a lot of French hotel and Riad owners who clearly haven't been for a while.

1  Thank Dave A
Reviewed 13 April 2012

Another simple and too sweet stew with very rough and bad meat.

2  Thank michael c
Reviewed 7 March 2012

A bit tricky to find, easiest way is to follow the signs to Dar Si Said and then spot Dar Mima's signboard. The atmosphere is cosy and relaxing. I do not like milk but love the traditional Moroccan welcome of milk with orange flower essence and dates and handrinsing tradition, The food is lovely and the service is great. Tanjia marrkchia and chicken cousous are not to be missed.