“Amazing HAVEN”
Review of Riad Elizabeth

Riad Elizabeth
Ranked #192 of 502 Hotels in Marrakech
Reviewed 28 June 2011

This was my second stay at Riad Elizabeth in two years.....this time it came at the end of an Overland Moroccan trip that went a bit wrong!! (Long story). The relief I felt when I arrived at Riad Elizabeth was indescribeable.

After finding myself stranded in Tinerhir which was about 260 miles south of Marakesh, and in need of first, a form of transport to Marakesh and second, a place to stay... My only thought of accomodation in Marakesh was of Riad Elizabeth. Having stayed here before I knew that the Riad would be a place of refuge, where I would feel welcome and at home.

The Riad itself is stylish and very well equipped. I dont intend to go on about the room etc as its not my style. But you wont be dissapointed with anything this Riad has to offer. It really does have everything and is very tastefully done.

What I will go on to write about is the amazing personal service that you will receive before and during your stay at Riad Elizabeth. Elizabeth and John the Riad owners were not present during my stay, however after emailing the Riad in the morning, enquiring about availability, I was contacted directly by John, stating there was a room available and then shortly after by Elizabeth asking if I wanted a transfer from the Bus station to the Riad! This was immensly kind and reasurring, especially when I was quite unaware of where I was and how I was gonna get there......Anyway after a 9 hour bus journey which was interesting to say the least, I arrived at the Riad at around 7pm.

I was met by Kamal, the manager and discovered that he had waited for my arrival since 5pm. Kamal, thankyou!! It was like arriving home! I was immediately looked after and able to relax and considering the day I had had the stress began to fade!

I have never been to a hotel/bed and breakfast quite like it. The Riad has a homely feel, which can only be credited to John, Elizabeth and Kamal as the Riad is managed in such a way that you feel like the place is yours!

After a very comfortable night in the room with air con and en suite, I had breakfast on the top terrace. Fresh fruit, juice, fresh coffee, an omelette and traditional breads were served by the extremely friendly and polite staff, all included in the price. I then spent the rest of the day taking in the hustle of the old town and discussing the skills of Roger Federer with Kamal! Come on Roger!

Anyway......I cannot recommend Riad Elizabeth enough. I would simply not look for any other accomodation whilst staying in Marakesh. Its friendly, clean, stylish, great value and you can be rest assured that the Management and staff will make your stay as pleasurable and memorable as is possible.

Thankyou.

Andy

Room Tip: Just ask and you will be looked after.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
There are newer reviews for Riad Elizabeth

Reviewed 9 June 2011

We stayed at Riad Elizabeth for 4 nights in late May-early June. The riad could not have been more perfect. The staff and owners (Elizabeth and John) were not only extremely helpful in navigating the medina, but they were incredibly kind and inviting. The rooms are comfortable, the food is delicious, the roof is a great place to relax and the pool is a welcome place to cool down. I would absolutely recommend Riad Elizabeth for travelers to Marrakesh whether it is your first time or a return visit. You will certainly not be disappointed!

Reviewed 2 June 2011

We visited the Riad for a short break in May . The whole experience was truly wonderful right from when we first arrived. John and Elizabeth were extremely hospitable and were very helpful when imparting local knowledge . All the Riad staff including the manager were very warm and humble and could not do enough for us ..including walking us to a local restaurant just in case we were to get lost . Everything was organised for us including taxis and restaurants , we only had to say what we wanted and it was done ! We didn't have to think for 4 days ...it was great

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 May 2011

I rarely complete reviews, which is remiss of me as I do take notice of them myself. But I felt I must post a review for Riad Elizabeth. From the first email enquiry to when their driver picked us up for the return transfer to the airport the whole experience was absolutely wonderful. Read the other 5 star reviews (because that’s what they deserve) and visit their website – all true and nothing exaggerated.
The property is beautifully presented, rooms a good size, comfortable beds, well fitted out bathrooms and a powerful walk-in shower (we had the Felicity Room). The roof-top sun terrace and indoor plunge pool are great for taking in some sun and then cooling down. You can also take breakfast or an evening meal on the terrace in the open air. We ate twice in the Riad, both 3-course meals were beautiful, freshly prepared by their resident cook, who managed to provide us with the ‘dish of the week’ – the Lemon Chicken Tajine – no mean feat seeing as we also ate at Le Fondouk and La Boheme (both these restaurants are excellent and worth a visit).
But what made Riad Ellizabeth stand out were the staff. John and Elizabeth are a lovely couple and along with the extremely knowledgeable Kamal (their manager) have built a superb team. Nothing was too much trouble for any of them and everything was done with a smile – it turned a great week’s holiday into a truly memorable one. Highly recommended!!!

Room Tip: All rooms are excellent & individually styled
1  Thank esteban53
Reviewed 22 May 2011

This was our second visit to Riad Elizabeth and we were hesitant about making a return visit in case the wonderfull memories of our first stay were in some way diminished - we need not have worried, if anything it was even better than before! We were also worried about visiting Morocco after the terror attack in April, but having been spoken to Elizabeth we retuned to the wonderfully eclectic city we remembered and felt safe the whole time.
I'm so glad we ignored the niggeling doubts as we had a fantastic trip and will, I am sure, return again in the future.

Reviewed 19 May 2011

This Riad and it's employees fully made us welcome and looked after us. This completely took the pressure of us to scrutinise travel books to find out what local customs are and what is acceptable. For example, how to dress, where to eat, where we can go as 4 female travellers. The advice we had was fantastic and the riad was luxurious but still rustic. We were able to plug in our ipod on the rooftop terrace and chill out after a busy day sight-seeing.
The British owners John and Elizabeth have sympathetically restored this beautiful building. The food we had in Marrakech was very tasty but the food we ate in the riad on our first night after a long trip was delicious and just what we needed. Thank you to Kamal in the riad for looking after us too, he was always available on the phone 24x7 if we happened to be out and needed help.
I will be visiting again next year and am a firm believer in lightening doesn't strike twice (with regards to the recent explosion).
I would love to stay for longer next time found it a safe and a vibrant place. Thank you Riad Elizabeth for such a fantastic trip that we\are still talking about.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 May 2011

Riad Elizabeth....well what can I say! You certainly will not be disappointed if you stay here. In fact, I cannot recommend this place enough!
This super stylish Riad is truly gorgeous ~ a little oasis of calm in amidst the hustle & bustle of the Medina. The location is in a fairly quiet street and perfect for getting around the medina and sightseeing. The peaceful rooftoop terrace was also a highlight ~ a haven for sun lovers or for just chilling out with a good book and glass of wine.
John & Elizabeth the owners, along with Kamal & rest of the staff , were so welcoming and went out of their way to make you feel right at home. They will also recommend restaurants, excursions, book taxis etc...
I would also highly recommend that you have dinner at the Riad at least once during your stay for superb homemade Morrocon cuisine at it's best!
I was very impressed with the riad and most of all impressed with the outstanding personal service you receive there. I am looking forward to returning to Marrakech soon and will definitely be staying at Riad Elizabeth again!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with friends