“FIRE Your Services employees Mr Managing Director.” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Eden Andalou Hotel Aquapark & Spa

Eden Andalou Hotel Aquapark & Spa
Ranked #248 of 508 Hotels in Marrakech
Casablanca, Morocco
“FIRE Your Services employees Mr Managing Director.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2012

This is by far the terrible 5 stars (I don't know how it got it) I ever had to stay in.
I had an all inclusive deal 2 weeks ago and it was a nightmare.

When We arrived, the rooms were not cleaned and we had to wait till 3:00 PM with a temperature of 46°. My baby was suffocating. No welcome cocktails, no fresh water to catch-up the situation.
Coming to the room in itself, we shared it with flies, mosquitos and dirty walls! Shower was broken.
Food was not good and they were thinking making some savings by serving the minimum of food.
You want a bottle of water, give me your room number because it will be charge to you in an all-inclusive formula!!

The juices served had more water than "concentrate of juice" because they added water to not-frech juices.

I have requested a bed for my baby. They promised to bring it to me by 5:00PM the first day. I have never seen it despite my several reminders (call, attending the reception, etc...)

Coming to the restaurant services guys, they have nothing to do with services, very rude, no will to help. I am services Manager since more than 20 years and I can recommend one thing to the general managaer: either you fire your team and hire professional guys or send them for trainings.
One of the weird thing is that they were cleaning the tables and gather dirty plates and put them close to certain tables where people were eating which were far from the conveniences and hygiene rules!

The last days, we called for porter for our baggages, no one picked up the phone. We had to walk for hundred of meters with our bagages and baby to reach the reception. When we asked why the phone was not picked-up, I was shocked to hear the guy/lady saying: "I give up",I can't manage these problems.

Last point was the management of car parking: a total mess!!!

The only positive thing was the activities organizer in the swimming pool who was doing amazing job.

For sure, I won't recommend it for rest. You will struggle to have what you paid for.

4 Thank MYMAMOU_12

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (349)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2012

Just come back from a great holiday to Kefalonia and decided to finally write about the Eden Andalou Spa & Resort as it highlights how bad the place was. Had a groupon deal for myself, my wife 1 year old and my parents. Everything was a problem for the staff, and we found them rude and stroppy. probably easier if i list my complaints
*No kettle to boil water- had to order and wait ages for a coffee pot with enough water for 1 bottle( if the pot was clean).
*no iron, v expensive ironing service, so we all walked around wrinkly.
* £6 for an ice-cream, they then ran out, but get this, we weren't allowed to bring in any food from outside the hotel???????
toddler pool was closed for 2 days to have the canopy repaired, so no swimming, no worries. Once fixed i found small razor sharp shards of metal from the welding machine in the pool, took them to reception......nothing. Next day still there.
lots of other gripes, food , not nice.
nursery, not open as they followed french half term dates even though there were children at the hotel ( it was uk half term).
Free spa treatment was nice, but was told to vacate the pool after 5 mind due to cleaning.
Final straw was when i was told i hadn't paid and had to go into the managers office , open my lloyds online account and point to the payment. Apology?????? NAH!!!!
CRAP HOLIDAY AND WAS GLAD TO LEAVE

Room Tip: ground floor if you have toddlers as the room we had on the first floor had no window lock and no gu...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Robert M
Casablanca, Casablanca, Morocco
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2012

Initially, I thought being in a quiet corner with my family, without spending all my savings :)
quiet corner usually means mediocre, I happily and accidentally ends up in a place where I do not regret a single moment as well served, surrounded by my family and friends and where my children have thoroughly enjoyed the stay, with spaces large highly trumpeted cleanliness and especially the charming scenery with lots of respectable people around, no nuisance or louts.
Regret occurred at the time of departure: when my son asked me the question I was afraid;
Why don't we stay in here dad ! :)
but for sure next trip will probably be in there.

2 Thank Sadek_B
paris
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2012

No hygiene and safety food.
salad,sheese and delicatessen not fresh, if you touch the cheese you can brook it.
To much flies in the salad.
To much flies in the buffet corner.
Personal not qualified,we dont listen : thanks or ....

1 Thank morais f
, Guest Relations Manager at Eden Andalou Hotel Aquapark & Spa, responded to this review, 16 July 2012
Dear clients,

The Eden Andalou team notified your post and remarks about the hygiene and safety food. We consider every comment in purpose to improve our service. However, we were surprised to read this post and we wanted to clarify some points.

Our buffet is varied and very good. Moreover we using good and fresh local products based on vegetables and olive oil, we don’t use storage..

We are sorry that you are not satisfied, and we hope to see you again.

Best regards,
Brighton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2012

We stayed here over my boyfriend's Birthday, so I wanted it to be special.

I thought we'd save hassle by arranging airport transfers direct with the hotel, however when we got to the airport there was no-one there. I called the hotel and the receptionist was very rude and abruptly said they'd be there in a minute. I asked her who was picking us up (i.e. their name) and she said she didn't know, they had a lot of drivers... As this was our first visit and we arrived late in the evening, I found this bizarre and a little unsafe - I'm glad I wasn't on my own! A man who literally couldn't speak a word of basic English said in sign-language that he was taking us to the hotel (by showing us a hotel sign) and after leading us to a clapped-out jeep with no air-conditioning (it was 40 degrees plus) and it's wing mirrors cellotaped on (I'm not exaggerating), we eventually arrived at the hotel. I certainly don't expect local people to speak English when I travel, I always try to learn some basic local words before I go anywhere, but from someone picking you up from a 5-star resort? Surely basic English would be a pre-requisite? Luckily my French is ok, so we got by - this was the same across the resort, so you really need to be able to speak some French.

The hotel itself is beautiful, if a little in need of repair in parts, and we sat down to complete our reservation. The taxi driver then came over to ask for money for the transfer. Now as we can only take the equivalent of around £90 cash each into Morocco according to foreign currency regulations, I asked the receptionist if we could charge the 'taxi' to our room. She scowled at me (again, no exaggeration) and said "of course not, you need to pay in cash" - not the sort of 5-star service I'd expected...

We had a pleasant stay, our room itself was beautiful, but the service and food put me off going back. Our shower wasn't screwed into the wall properly and when we asked for it to be fixed, they literally just put it back into the wall with no fixings, very odd. The Spa is ok, not 5-star standard though and is a little dirty and in need of maintenance. The pool is freezing, but as it was very hot during our stay, we didn't mind that too much. The food was appalling, frankly, for a 3-star let alone a 5-star resort. If you like coffee, forget it! The salad at lunch had flies crawling all over it and there was no attempt to cover it up. The buffet was included in our price but we didn't bother with it after the first try, it was mostly cold and congealed with having been left for so long.

Not the worst place I've ever stayed at and in fact if they didn't advertise (and price) themselves as 5-star resort, I'm sure the reviews would be more sympathetic. We certainly won't be going back and I won't miss the sneer and rudeness of the receptionist whenever we asked her any basic questions.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kirsty S
Poole
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2012

My wife and I have just returned from a 2 week honeymoon - the last 8 days in Morrocco, staying in this hotel. We booked it at last minute (The day before we actually flew, due to the bad weather in the UK). We arrived at the airport, having not booked a transfer to the hotel and used the local taxi service - we paid 320 DH - we knew that we would pay over the odds, you expect that in a Country that you know very little of - no complaints. The hotel was very welcoming and we were shown to our room, which was in the Rhiad Jasmina (?) - it was excellent, plenty of room and very clean. During the week, we ate each night at one of the restaraunts within the hotel, again, no complaints - some better than others, but that is the same wherever you go. Hassan took us on a trip to the gardens, camel riding and to the spice shop in the medina - well worth doing, very 'touristy' but then again, it is all about the experience. The trip to Marrackech by night is well worth a visit - a lot less hassle as we were with a guide from the hotel and there was very little in the way of feeling undue pressure to stop and buy/look at various shops and stalls. The smell in the square was fantastic and the atmosphere is something to remember. This was quiet a marked difference to our daytime visit to the medina and the souks. From the minute we were dropped off by the hotel shuttle service, we were pestered and it made for a very strange walkabout - certainly not relaxing and if anything, a certain sense of aggression from the locals. Be prepared to be hassled and have money 'demanded' from you for taking photos. We were warned not to pay anymore than 10DH to take photos of the snake charmers - they 'expect' a lot more and will not take no for an answer. The trip to the Atlas mountains, again, is well worthwhile and Mohammed, the driver was excellent and very keen to practice his English on the way. A lovely chicken and lemon tagine in the mountains made it even more perfect and at a very good price of 120DHeach for a 3 course menu. Be careful of not getting duped into buying any 'fossils' at the shop where you stop to take a look round!!!
Fortunately my wife speaks a fair bit of French - I would have struggledthrough with my pigeon French otherwise. There has been a lot mentioned about the hotel staff attitude etc - we were amazed at the negative comments, as they couldn't have been more helpful. I believe that if you make an attempt to speak their language, it goes a long way - too many British people just expect that people in their own Country should speak English. Naive and rude to say the least. We have absolutely no complaints about the staff, the rooms, the entertainment (Filou and his Michael Jackson dancing is a sight to behold!!) The 2 seperate massages that we both had were also great.

All in all, we had a lovely, peaceful (apart from the 100mph that is the medina!) break and would recommend this hotel wholeheartedly.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear customers,

It was very pleasant for us to discover that you had a great time in our place for your honeymoon. We also want to thank you to your kindly comments and we hope to see you again in our hotel.

Yours faithfully
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2012

My husband and I spent 3 nights in this hotel and it was so enchanting, we didn't want to leave. The hotel itself was beautiful. The staff members including the tour guides (Youssef and Zuhair), the entertainers (Filou and his brother) and others, were ever so friendly, helpful and hospital that we didn't feel out of place, even though we didn't speak the language. We really had a beautiful time and even got a nickname (salsa couple). Would no doubt be visiting again x

• Stayed May 2012