We were slightly concerned when booking this hotel due to the rather mixed reviews but were glad we did! We came with our 2 children (aged 3 and 6) for a long weekend as we had wanted to visit Marrakech for a while. We had booked with the hotel direct and arranged a transfer from the airport - we came to arrivals and the hotel sign was there but with nobody to meet us! He soon appeared and took us in the air conditioned bus to the hotel with information along the way. Reception was quiet but we were greeted by a hotel relations member of staff who told us our room wasn't ready for another hour. This was annoying as we had told them on our original booking when we would be arriving. Also at this stage, we were hot, tired and the kids very restless - a welcome drink would have been very appreciated but we were offered nothing. The guest relations woman then offered us a small tour round the hotel which was helpful (her emphasis was on the spa even though she could see we had 2 bored children in tow??). On booking we had asked for a privilege room facing the mountains and not other rooms - we were shown to our room which was not facing the mountains but straight across to other room!. The porter was great and after a bit of explaining, organised a key to an alternative room which we chose. He explained that the rooms with views were 'closed'? After these few arrival niggles we then had a wonderful stay. The pool was huge, very clean, great pool service, nice music (ranging from Coldplay to Abba to Leo Sayer!) and the large 'relax beds' great to pop the children into in the shade. Beautiful gardens surrounding and a very relaxing atmosphere. Lunch was really great (we were not all inclusive so chose to not have the buffets) - fab pizza, pasta and burgers with brilliant, helpful, friendly waiters and waitresses - nothing was a problem to them. Our room was fine - clean with comfortable beds, good air conditioning and excellent housekeeping (the kids loved the shapes their nightclothes were folded into!). The breakfast was adequate but very unimaginative - we did get bored of hard boiled eggs, beef sausages, toast and jam and rather hard bread rolls day after day - maybe omelettes, fried eggs or hams would have been nice? We ate at the Fez Restaurant several nights and even though a little slow for the food to arrive, we found the Moroccan food very nice, again the service friendly and the live music excellent. We commend the hotel on its waiting staff, the pool, housekeeping and the food in the lunch and Fez restaurants.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Featuring 3 outdoor swimming pools in the Andalusian-style gardens and a 1600 m² spa is this environmentally-friendly hotel. It is 4 km away from Marrakech airport and offers views of the Atlas Mountains. The 250 suites spread over six riads and surrounding beautiful flowered patios. Domes carved stucco, zellij, white marble and Bohemian crystal dominate the 2 lounges, Oriental and Andalusian. They are equipped with a flat-screen TV, minibar and a balcony with views of the garden or mountains feature in the air-conditioned. Each modern suite has a separate seating area and a marble bathroom, free safe and Wi-fi. A hotel downtown, Andalusian Esplanade faces the gardens and 2 pools the Majorelle 25m long heated in winter, white pool 35 meters long lined with its wooden deck Teck. Atlas summits are facing you. Many bars and restaurants surround the Esplanade: The Fez (Moroccan restaurant), the international Atlas restaurant, the Mimosa pool bar and the Jazz Bar open alternately. Adjoining Aquapark offering over 17 slides and attractions (open from 01/04 to 31/10). The hotel has beach volleyball, basketball, mini football and ping pong courses. You can purchase souvenirs from the on-site gift shop, and Wi-Fi access is available throughout the hotel, including rooms. At an extra charge, additional facilities include a hairdresser, a fitness centre with coach and baby sitting service. A Kids Club offers entertainment in summer. Free transfers are provided to/from Jamaa El Fna Square is 5 km away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Prestigia, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, Expedia, Priceline, TravelUp, Ebookers, Southall Travel, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Eden Andalou Hotel Aquapark & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eden Andalou Spa And Resort
- Eden Andalou Marrakech
- Eden Andalou Hotel Marrakech