We had directly spoken with the hotel rep prior to the trip and had organized everything bar the flights through them. There were a few of us, so we needed to make sure that this hotel suited our needs.. They were so willing and helpful prior to the trip. Sending us a very specific list of all the things included in our all inclusive stay package. However, no more than 2 hours after we arrived, the issues began.
We had been told that we a regular free bus service would take us to the town whenever we wanted, we just had to get on it, not only did they try and charge us for this service, it was always booked up (you need to let them know far in advance) with only a weekend stay here, we ended up getting taxis the entire weekend.
The staff in this hotel, absolutely ruined what could have been a beautiful holiday. First was charging for the bus (as I mentioned), then on more than four occasions, I had approached either the reception or the bar the staff just walked away and didn’t come back. I must sound like I am a nightmare customer and the reason they took an instant dislike, but I can assure you I am the type to be polite and not cause a fuss (and then just moan about it on tripadvisor). One time we were on the tables outside, the waitress had bought my friend a drink, so I asked for one as I had only just arrived, the response I got (in English.. not her first language might I add, this was a genuine effort to be disgruntled) ‘eurgh, you’re not going to make me go all the way back inside and get it are you?’. Coca cola is not something you can DIY, They are kept away behind the scenes. These are just a few of the many many many issues we had over the weekend.
The spa was lovely. Both myself and my friend had the hammam, which was a very refreshing experience. Although I would advise you ask them to avoid the nipple area!
The rooms were lovely, very clean and so luxurious.
The hotel was so wonderful, such an amazing place to be in, such a beautiful building.
Overall, I would not recommend this hotel, the staff are too important to make it run smoothly. I would most definitely advise staying in the centre if you are planning a trip here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Featuring 3 outdoor swimming pools in the Andalusian-style gardens and a 1600 m² spa is this environmentally-friendly hotel. It is 4 km away from Marrakech airport and offers views of the Atlas Mountains. The 250 suites spread over six riads and surrounding beautiful flowered patios. Domes carved stucco, zellij, white marble and Bohemian crystal dominate the 2 lounges, Oriental and Andalusian. They are equipped with a flat-screen TV, minibar and a balcony with views of the garden or mountains feature in the air-conditioned. Each modern suite has a separate seating area and a marble bathroom, free safe and Wi-fi. A hotel downtown, Andalusian Esplanade faces the gardens and 2 pools the Majorelle 25m long heated in winter, white pool 35 meters long lined with its wooden deck Teck. Atlas summits are facing you. Many bars and restaurants surround the Esplanade: The Fez (Moroccan restaurant), the international Atlas restaurant, the Mimosa pool bar and the Jazz Bar open alternately. Adjoining Aquapark offering over 17 slides and attractions (open from 01/04 to 31/10). The hotel has beach volleyball, basketball, mini football and ping pong courses. You can purchase souvenirs from the on-site gift shop, and Wi-Fi access is available throughout the hotel, including rooms. At an extra charge, additional facilities include a hairdresser, a fitness centre with coach and baby sitting service. A Kids Club offers entertainment in summer. Free transfers are provided to/from Jamaa El Fna Square is 5 km away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Prestigia, Southall Travel, LoveHolidays, TravelUp, Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Eden Andalou Hotel Aquapark & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eden Andalou Spa And Resort
- Eden Andalou Marrakech
- Eden Andalou Hotel Marrakech