“Beautiful location - The rudest staff i have ever come across”

Eden Andalou Hotel Aquapark & Spa
Ranked #236 of 500 Hotels in Marrakech
Windsor, United Kingdom
“Beautiful location - The rudest staff i have ever come across”
Reviewed 11 April 2013

We had directly spoken with the hotel rep prior to the trip and had organized everything bar the flights through them. There were a few of us, so we needed to make sure that this hotel suited our needs.. They were so willing and helpful prior to the trip. Sending us a very specific list of all the things included in our all inclusive stay package. However, no more than 2 hours after we arrived, the issues began.

Bus service:
We had been told that we a regular free bus service would take us to the town whenever we wanted, we just had to get on it, not only did they try and charge us for this service, it was always booked up (you need to let them know far in advance) with only a weekend stay here, we ended up getting taxis the entire weekend.

The staff:
The staff in this hotel, absolutely ruined what could have been a beautiful holiday. First was charging for the bus (as I mentioned), then on more than four occasions, I had approached either the reception or the bar the staff just walked away and didn’t come back. I must sound like I am a nightmare customer and the reason they took an instant dislike, but I can assure you I am the type to be polite and not cause a fuss (and then just moan about it on tripadvisor). One time we were on the tables outside, the waitress had bought my friend a drink, so I asked for one as I had only just arrived, the response I got (in English.. not her first language might I add, this was a genuine effort to be disgruntled) ‘eurgh, you’re not going to make me go all the way back inside and get it are you?’. Coca cola is not something you can DIY, They are kept away behind the scenes. These are just a few of the many many many issues we had over the weekend.

The spa:
The spa was lovely. Both myself and my friend had the hammam, which was a very refreshing experience. Although I would advise you ask them to avoid the nipple area!

The rooms:
The rooms were lovely, very clean and so luxurious.

The hotel:
The hotel was so wonderful, such an amazing place to be in, such a beautiful building.

Overall, I would not recommend this hotel, the staff are too important to make it run smoothly. I would most definitely advise staying in the centre if you are planning a trip here.

Room Tip: Near the pools looked like the best ones. Its quite easy to get lost in this huge hotel!
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Sophie W

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (371)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Hulshout
Reviewed 10 April 2013

Beautiful hotel, spacious rooms, ideal for families with children
Entertainment team very good, there is always something to do of you want
Free shuttle to centre of Town
Very friendly staff
Check in was perfect, immediatly someone of the animation team showed us around
Small aquapark

Worthing, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 April 2013

We have had a brilliant week at the eden andalou. The hotel is beautiful and very relaxing. The beds are very comfortable and the rooms are spacious and bright. The stay was made really special by the entertainments team who are always on hand to make you feel welcome and have a fun time. The food is fresh and plentiful and there is free wifi. Drinks are somewhat expensive if you're not all inclusive, but this didnt bother us as we were. Overall, the week was amazing and the lovely staff made this place make us feel really welcome. If you have a problem with speaking french, then the enterainments team is a godsend as they speak many different languages very well.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Rosieo38
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 April 2013

The Eden Andalou is away from the hustle and bustle of the city centre. It's an ideal location for families and very child-friendly. The building itself is beautiful, clean and well-maintained.
We had some hiccups on day one with faulty room keys which reception staff failed to rectify until the third attempt. I suspect that those at reception are fine with basic admin but would benefit from customer relations training. It was the animation team, particularly Nina and Momo who actually went the extra mile. Nina sorted the room keys, was most helpful, polite, courteous and friendly at all times. She even organised a celebration for my mum's 70th birthday in the Jazz bar. I would say that the young, vibrant animation team are running the show and are pivotal to one's overall enjoyment at this hotel.
April was wet and windy so don't expect to top up your tan. The hotel seemed somewhat empty and soulless as it was not high season. It was too cold to use the pools and the spa wanted to charge to use the indoor pool. We asked nicely at reception who did grant free entry to the pool.
Many will choose this resort on the strength of the aqua park and spa but they are not free to use.
If you're not robbed by the vendors and taxi drivers in Marrakesh, it will be by your hotel.
The breakfast selection is very good as is the buffet. Pay for all-inclusive if you are a family otherwise it will set you back £18 a head( 220 dirhams) .
The free shuttle into town saved us a lot of money in cab fares.
top tip: buy a cheap light plastic kettle for fiver from Wilkos at home and take sachets of cappuccino from Poundland with you for the room. They were far more useful than my bikinis and summer dresses.......

Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed 4 April 2013

Check in was ok, quick to take cc details, got our rooms at 16.30, we arrived at 11am! Rooms were filthy!! could write "clean me" with the amount of dust under the carpets! Ants everywhere!!! when we complained they told us its usual and Jamel said "even I have them in my place" well, he wasnt paying as much as we were. After going 4 times I went with my medicine and toiletrie bag to the front desk and asked them to clean it, it was FULL of ants, I came back after an hour, he happliy gave it to me, I opened it and about 50 ants crawled out! the people checking in were not impressed!
My kids had their scooter taken, 2 pairs of earings, 1 necklace, bottle and mobile charger vanished!
Towels - had the maid daily asking me what I did with them (I have kids, I used them!)they were put back on the shelf wet!
Swimming towels, dont try and get one without a letter from the front desk and get it back everyday!! if you dont they will charge you!
Music by the pool - too loud
Pool - amazing but freezing!
Aqua park - had 6 kids with me and they made me pay, wouldnt give me a discount, told me to send the kids on their own! youngest was 5! I paid the 10euros, daily!
Whilst we were their girl slipped and gashed her leg really badly, their was not first aid box and not help was given, just many people screaming in French and Arabic
No hot water for a shower
Spa/Gym advertised as 100Dirham but they wanted 150 as the manager changed the price!
Do not get a guide they rip you off, was taken to the factory by another Jemel and got me a great price on a chess and backgammon set, was bartering from 2500 to 900 Dirhum, saw it at the gift shop in the hotel for 800!
Do not use Mohammed (there are many) as a driver, will take your money, we paid him at the begining of the day, 400 D, he followed us to the pool crying and stamping his feet like Rumplstiltskin claiming we didnt give him the money - he scared the kids! we paid him to get rid of him!
Take the shuttle, if you need a cab, costs you approx 30D to get to most places
Food - Pizza in Panarama was ok, rest of the time, avoid!
Room Service, they called me offering water, tea coffee etc, I asked for water, they came to my room and asked for 25D, nothing to sign - told him to put it on my bill, just a staff member pulling a fast one!
Checking out - was billed 1600Dirhum for breaking the door to the mini bar - it was unhinged and was like that when we moved in, and 150Dirham extra for the Aqua Pool, told them I wouldnt pay as I didnt even get an apology for the families of ants in my bathroom!
Taxi to the airport - paid in advance for a 7 seater to take 5 of us to the airport today 4/4/2013, should have arrived at 05.40 - by 06.10 nothing, and the guy at the front desk was pathetic, by 06.15 a car the size of a punto came to pick us up, it couldnt even get 5 of us, let alone our luggage! luckily another guest was leaving and gave me a ride with the kids, and my husband with the driver and luggage.
This is all true! and checking out I heard people screaming at the front desk!
DO NOT GO THEIR! SAVE YOUR MONEY!!! ITS FILTHY YOU CANT TRUST THE STAFF AND A TOTAL RIP OFF MY 3 KIDS NEVER WANT TO GO BACK! WHO STEALS FROM CHILDREN! Tried to complain at the front desk but they were not interested!
If you want the Faulty Towers experience, then go for it!
THEY JUST WANT YOUR MONEY!!!!

Room Tip: Garden rooms are infested with insects, pool side rooms have to contend with load music
6 Thank Traumbraut
MAZAR I, Responsable commercial at Eden Andalou Hotel Aquapark & Spa, responded to this review, 12 April 2013
Dear Madam,
Our 250 employees of the hotel have read your comment and are surprised by its content. As we have explained repeatedly during your stay for the holiday of Pessa’h from 25 March to 3 April 2013, our hotel has been fully leased to the caterer who sold you the stay. This caterer has entirely managed the hotel by providing its own kosher food, its staff, and its entertainment etc.. our staff intervened in the reception, Spa and Aquapark.
Therefore during this period, the organization was adapted to your customs and religious rites, so entirely under the responsibility of the caterer.
We are very happy to welcome you once again for you to test our quality that is appreciated by 95% of our clients.
Dorset England
Reviewed 3 April 2013

On arrival, late Saturday afternoon all was well and we booked in, at the end of the booking in we were asked if we had been told that we would be moved on Monday to another hotel because of a large seminar block booking was arriving on Monday (600 people). The hotel staff naturally blaimed the holiday company (Low Cost Holidays) for not previously informing us, OK we are sorting it out with them as well.
However for a 5 star Hotel we were disappointed with the service, Ants in the room, the hot water ran out and was only luke warm, and finally one thing that was completely unacceptable from a health perspective if nothing else, the food was of a poor standard and COLD. I can except that they may have been reducing there food stock because the nature of the new guests food requirements so the range and selection may have been less but cold food at 5 star prices.
The Hotel they moved us to was a 4 star and they got the basics right, so we had a clear comparison.
Would I go back to this hotel? NO.
Would I go back to Marocco? YES

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 971RichardM971
Ireland
Reviewed 2 April 2013

We were 3 moroccans staying at the resort. We booked on line and had to change some details on arrival. Youssef and Sophia in reception were pleasant but then were had to deal with Jamal who was rude and unhelpful. He was not suited to his 5* setting. We aslo booked a hamam for 3 persons in the spa, on our arrival the spa staff did not acknowledge us and then informed us that there was only space for 1. The staff of the Aqua Park were very good and we enjoyed our time there. The food was good in the hotel and the rooms were clean and comfortable. Overall it was a good stay but we were disappointed with some of the staff.

Room Tip: book a room with a view of the swimming pool and atlas mountains
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends