I was looking forward for this holiday to unwind and de-stress but unfortunately it wasn’t going to happen. From the moment I drove in to the hotel, I was concerned of its security. At the entrance to the hotel, the security guy just raised the barrier without checking if I was a resident or had a booking at all with the hotel. At the time, I didn’t think of it much as I thought maybe because I still haven’t checked in. The hotel looks impressive from outside and has some lovely decorated features that are enjoyable to experience and the weather was a bonus. Once we checked in and filled up the required information sheet and our IDs were copied, we were all branded with an orange wrist band and were told that we can’t use the Aqua Park (main reason why I booked that hotel so that my kids can enjoy the water park) and that we can only use the all-inclusive from 3pm (which was ok by me since we arrived after the breakfast restaurant was closed). We went to our allocated rooms and they were spacious and clean. The two chamber maids that were allocated for our floor were very nice and courteous and delightful to talk to each day.
My main negative comments about Eden Andalou are the lack of management and expertise in running a hotel that they refer to as a 5 Star. I personally don’t think it is a 5* but more like a 4* only, not sure how or who allocated this star status. I recommend that the management spend a week in an all-inclusive 5* hotel anywhere in the world and learn hospitality management.
With regards to food, it was average as the management was more into quantity rather than quality and the same type of food will be available the following day. The lack of staff around the tables and in the main restaurant itself was lacking coordination and health and safety to both the guests and the staff. On numerous occasions plates and cups were broken and left un-dealt with that any person would have been injured. Some of the guests unfortunately leave their kids wondering the restaurant with juices and food which obviously ends up on the flood and if you walk right behind them you end up slipping and hurting yourself. There are so many other negative comments that I can go on as I was so frustrated I ended up going out for some good quality food.
Entertainment, kids club (which is non-existent if you follow the arrows you end up nowhere!). The entertaining team were doing a good job trying to get the guests motivated and try to get them participate in the Zumba, personal training, relaxation exercise, evening mini-disco…etc. but again I go back to my finding A Lack of Staff (I only saw 2 ladies and 4 guys) for a 5* hotel, I let you do the ratio calculation….
Spoke with few of the guests and they all had similar if not other issues than me. Not a hotel I would like to re-visit….
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Featuring 3 outdoor swimming pools in the Andalusian-style gardens and a 1600 m² spa is this environmentally-friendly hotel. It is 4 km away from Marrakech airport and offers views of the Atlas Mountains. The 250 suites spread over six riads and surrounding beautiful flowered patios. Domes carved stucco, zellij, white marble and Bohemian crystal dominate the 2 lounges, Oriental and Andalusian. They are equipped with a flat-screen TV, minibar and a balcony with views of the garden or mountains feature in the air-conditioned. Each modern suite has a separate seating area and a marble bathroom, free safe and Wi-fi. A hotel downtown, Andalusian Esplanade faces the gardens and 2 pools the Majorelle 25m long heated in winter, white pool 35 meters long lined with its wooden deck Teck. Atlas summits are facing you. Many bars and restaurants surround the Esplanade: The Fez (Moroccan restaurant), the international Atlas restaurant, the Mimosa pool bar and the Jazz Bar open alternately. Adjoining Aquapark offering over 17 slides and attractions (open from 01/04 to 31/10). The hotel has beach volleyball, basketball, mini football and ping pong courses. You can purchase souvenirs from the on-site gift shop, and Wi-Fi access is available throughout the hotel, including rooms. At an extra charge, additional facilities include a hairdresser, a fitness centre with coach and baby sitting service. A Kids Club offers entertainment in summer. Free transfers are provided to/from Jamaa El Fna Square is 5 km away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotelopia, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Prestigia, Travel Republic (UK), Southall Travel, LoveHolidays, Ebookers, Priceline, Odigeo, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Eden Andalou Hotel Aquapark & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eden Andalou Spa And Resort
- Eden Andalou Marrakech
- Eden Andalou Hotel Marrakech