Eden Andalou Hotel Aquapark & Spa
US$444
US$412
Travelocity
4,621 results
All reviewsaqua parkjazz baranimation teamatlas restaurantshuttle businclusive barkids cluball inclusive packageevening entertainmentmini clubgreat holidayheated poolbelly dancingmeal timesatlas mountainswater polofamily holiday
Reviewed 4 May 2013

The animation for kids is excellent specially the mini disco every night
The room is spacious for family with a separate between parents and kids
The food is good and there is a lot
The hotel is nicely decorated
We profit from the Spa thanks to the flexible kids club

A pity the water of the swimming pool was cold

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank FriendVBA
Reviewed 2 May 2013

A very pleasant hotel with spa, several pools & restaurants and aquapark, with a palatial feel.
Large, spatious, beautiful rooms, spotlessly clean in very good repair, towels changed every day, aircon if you need it. All inclusive price includes all meals (buffet style) and drinks, including beers wines cocktails. Free hourly shuttle to Marrakesh.

Do use their in house travel office to book tours. We took several including an overnight in the sahara in a Bedouin tent: They are not the cheapest tours but they are clearly a cut above the usual for quality. We would not hesiate to book tours here again - they all exceeded our expectation.

The negative is that the hotel is reminiscent at times of a Holidy camp with a lot of noisy pool animation all day long, and kareoke style evening entertainment until 23:00. So if you want peace insist on a room beyond the pool area. Meals can be very busy and noisy, with a lot of kids running and screaming , especially at weekends. It is not a very peaceful hotel. We have young children but I would not book longer than four days in a run, to preserve my sanity. But for families it is comfortable and very good value!

Note: if you book direct they throw the Aquapark in for free.

Room Tip: For peace avoid rooms in the hotel restaurant area. Ask for far outlying rooms in the rose garden.
1  Thank StephenCZurich
Reviewed 24 April 2013

We had pre booked transfer to the hotel which was great only downside was the passport control! We were on the early flight and the room was available straight away. The room was lovely with day beds surrounding a well maintained garden. Bathroom had bath two showers two sinks with separate loo and bidet. The food was good and varied enough each day. The bar staff were friendly more so if you attempted to speak Arabic, French is also useful as English is third in line. Entertainment staff were great fun Sara momo and Husain they went out of their way to help and make our stay relaxing. The weather was lovely, the pool water is on the cold side but very much appreciated in the sun. Would definitely go again! Thank you!

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed 16 April 2013

Before booking a hotel, it’s my common habit checking for reviews on different sites so to gather insights and try to understand what sort of place is the one I’d like to stay.
I do appreciate the hotel’s review are often manipulated rather than connected to the personal experience; hence I have learnt over time how to add boundaries while reading such things.

However, as I was after a holiday to unwind the stress accumulated during the past year, I booked without reserve and without looking at any site at all.
Given the comments I read just now (before publishing the review), unlikely I would have changed my mind, but probably I would have had a different sort of expectations from a hotel that is classified as a 5* hotel, but that to me is not worth more than 4*.

I have worked in a 5* plus Hilton hotel in the past, and I do know extremely well what mean customer hospitality and quality service, and regrettably this hotel doesn’t take in consideration the majority of the elements this requires.

Indeed the hotel looks impressive from outside and has some lovely decorated features that are enjoyable for your relaxation. The weather definitely it’s a bonus but …

1) We pre-booked a taxi with the hotel, just to save us the hassle to find one once landed. Also, as this was our first time in the country and we never been in Morocco before, we were concerned about using a chartered taxi in a land where English is barely spoken.
Regrettably, once in the airport hall, the hotel guide was not there. There were a lot of people waiting with a board with customer name or hotel destination seeking for people arrived, but no one from Eden Andalou.
After 2 passages in the middle of the person, one of them shouting the hotel name (just in case), I pick the phone up and give a shout to the hotel.
Two phone calls later and £5 spent for less than 3 minutes conversation, a guy pop and come to us welcoming to Morocco and justifying himself he didn’t raise the board immediately as he was expecting us to take more time while collecting our luggage (whereas we have travelled with hand luggage only).
In the end we manage to arrive to the hotel at about 9:30 in the evening and to enter in the room at about 10pm.

2) A luggage-lifter escorted us to our room while carrying our luggage. He shows us how to open the security locked room, how to switch on the lights and go.
At a first sight, the room looks fine. Nice and spacious, a family bathroom, three beds allocated as requested.
Suddenly my daughter drew my attention to something on the floor. A pool of ants rattling back and forth from a 3cm dead worm being eaten from the ants that possibly were arranging their winter cupboard.
We rang unsuccessfully to the reception, but as no answer was given we went straight for a mild complain asking for the room to be cleaned meanwhile we was having our dinner.
The man at the reception assured us that that would have done, but on our return after 30 minutes the dead-worm was still there.
We inspected again the room for something else, and we find the hand towels to be dirty (lipstick and hair in between); so we went again to the reception to complain asking for our room to be changed.

The receptionist spoke in Arabic to somebody and I was expecting this to happen. He invited us to go back to our room saying that somebody would have eventually pop to help us.
About 10 minutes later we were in our room a room keeper popped in with cleaned towels. Not exactly what we were expecting, though.
She then made the gesture to go, and because she were speaking French only, clearly our communication process was impossible. So with gestures I invited her to enter and have a look at the worm.

She came back after a while and cleaned again the room from scratch. At 11 o’clock we finally have been able to go to sleep.

3) The day after, after having had the breakfast we go to the reception to book our free massage session, and also to ask how to gain entrance to the aqua park within the hotel premises and that according our plans it should have offered us plenty of joy for me and my daughter.
Although the all-inclusive package, we discovered that aqua park (very well sponsored on Eden Andalou site) are not included at all.
So disappointing. We have been offered somewhat a 50% discount for the entrance, meaning we have to pay about €8 a day, for 3 slides running from 11am to 12:30 and from 14:30 to 17:00
Retail price is around €16. A real cheat considering 5 slides in warm pools in UK costs between £8 and £10.

4) With regard to food, it was about on average. Nothing exceptional and to be in line with the 5* at all.
Quantity was preferred in respect of quality. Pretty much all day the same stuff, with few exceptions. As for the Moroccan food, two big tagines were available daily on a separate table; again no big changes between the days.

The lack of staff around the tables and in the main restaurant itself was lacking coordination and health and safety to both guests and staff.
On numerous occasions waiters were popping to the table to pick up plates with food still waiting to be eaten. I did see my dish vanish a couple of times just because I went picking up some extra bread.

5) The entertaining team were doing a good job trying to get the guests motivated and try to get them participate in the various activities; from personal training, relaxation exercise, evening mini-disco, darts and bowls.
So special thanks to Nina, Momo, Hassan from Fez … the guys I’ve interacted the most.

Finally my main negative comment about Eden Andalou refers to the lack of management and expertise in running a hotel that they refer to as a 5 Star. I would recommend the management to spend a week in an all-inclusive 5* hotel anywhere in the world and learn hospitality management.
In fact on the day before we left, we’ve found a couple of French guys to impolitely have taken possession of our sun beds motivating their decision with “you left your stuff here meanwhile no one was around” … whereas we was having our breakfast.
By reporting this to the hotel manager, they didn’t take actions at all and said sunbed are not bookable, which effectively wasn’t my case. Again, it was Momo the only person that having understood my reason of complained had unsuccessfully a word with these impolite guests.

Speaking with few other guests, they all had similar if not other issues than me. Not a hotel I would like to re-visit…. Unless a change of attitudes and a discount to join again will be provided of course.

Room Tip: Rooms that are not on the side of the swimming pools are normally the one more silent during the evening / night, and because they are hit by the sun during the day, in the afternoon they are fresh without turning on the airco.
3  Thank Andrea M
Reviewed 16 April 2013

As we are making a formal complaint I will keep this short:
On arrival we were told we had to move to another hotel as they had a large private booking, which would not allow us to stay. Although very unhappy about this and having complained we had 2 young children so eventually we had to be moved. We were allowed to come back after 5 days (how kind) as the large booking would be gone.
When we arrived back, this was not the case and unfortunately our stay there was ruined by this, quality and lack of food was terrible, we were segregated from the main group and not allowed access to the main dining areas= no buffet: for example we had burger and chips for lunch one day not what I call 5*. On the last day it improved very slightly to perhaps a 3* quality.
The large booking had caused a huge amount of damage and disruption but, for a hotel that caters for large conferences this should not have been such a on-going problem. (at our welcome meeting, (day 5 of holiday) we were taken on a tour of the conference rooms and facilities, to show how great the hotel is).
Although the animation team were very helpful this was not across the board unfortunately the reception staff were unhelpful with further issues, such as a broken curtain rail- no issue in England but there it meant searing sunshine in the kid’s eyes first thing in the morning.
The power was gone one evening, which meant a dangerous journey to the rooms, the kids club ran 1 day out of 7, the pools were not heated and freezing (One was supposed to be heated). We had evening entertainment 2 evenings of the holiday, dj and animation team dancing. We wrote a detailed complaint letter on check out (05/04/13) and have recieved no communication in reply.
With decent management this hotel could be fantastic, it has a great location and the building is gorgeous- such a shame.
Sorry, not as short as I intended!

1  Thank Dooglepoodle