Having read all the reviews here we went with open minds, but as experienced All Inclusive travellers we were seriously let down by this hotel. The hotel itself is just beautiful, set in fabulous rose gardens, with views of Atlas Mountains, fabulous architecture and immaculately clean. First impressions were really good. We had 2 rooms, one of which was larger than the other, but both very similar, the larger room had 2 showers, and both rooms could comfortably sleep 4 people. The pools are great, and cleaned every morning. Entertainment staff do a great job within the limits they have, although the evening shows need a lot of work, quizzes and karaoke are not very creative, although we were there for only 3 days so its possible we just missed the shows. The big problem I observed, was the outside area is so large and the seating is spread out over this huge area so although the staff were trying their hardest, there was no atmosphere, and people were not involved.
The potential for this hotel is great but the All Inclusive option really really lets it down. The hotel itself may be 5 star but the All Inclusive option is 3 star at best.
Food: There are a number of restaurants in this hotel, however, unlike other hotels, the themed restaurants are not included and carry an extra charge if you decide to use them.
The food in the buffet is hit and miss, its varied, and quite tasty but most times it was cold.
Bars: Again a number of bars at the resort, however if you are All Inclusive you can only use the make shift pool bar which is a walk from the main pool, every other bar carries an extra charge. On our first evening, it was quite cold out so the entertainment staff held the quiz in the Jazz bar, the bar was full as a result however, you had to go out to the pool bar to get your drink and bring it in. Not once that evening did we see anyone buy a drink at Jazz bar. The drinks at the pool bar are not of great quality, and served in tiny plastic cups even the beer. They claim to have cocktails, but when I requested a Mojito, despite the image of Mojito appearing on the bar, I received a lemon flavoured drink from a dispenser without even any ice. The Pina colada from the dispenser is not too bad, but again no ice unless you request it. Also, when you ask for a cocktail, and receive a dispensed drink, you have to ask for the alcohol to be put in it, if not, you get a non alcoholic Mojito / Pina colada etc. They have a list of drinks that are included in the All Inclusive option, anything outside of this has an extra charge.
We would visit this hotel again but not use the All Inclusive option.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Featuring 3 outdoor swimming pools in the Andalusian-style gardens and a 1600 m² spa is this environmentally-friendly hotel. It is 4 km away from Marrakech airport and offers views of the Atlas Mountains. The 250 suites spread over six riads and surrounding beautiful flowered patios. Domes carved stucco, zellij, white marble and Bohemian crystal dominate the 2 lounges, Oriental and Andalusian. They are equipped with a flat-screen TV, minibar and a balcony with views of the garden or mountains feature in the air-conditioned. Each modern suite has a separate seating area and a marble bathroom, free safe and Wi-fi. A hotel downtown, Andalusian Esplanade faces the gardens and 2 pools the Majorelle 25m long heated in winter, white pool 35 meters long lined with its wooden deck Teck. Atlas summits are facing you. Many bars and restaurants surround the Esplanade: The Fez (Moroccan restaurant), the international Atlas restaurant, the Mimosa pool bar and the Jazz Bar open alternately. Adjoining Aquapark offering over 17 slides and attractions (open from 01/04 to 31/10). The hotel has beach volleyball, basketball, mini football and ping pong courses. You can purchase souvenirs from the on-site gift shop, and Wi-Fi access is available throughout the hotel, including rooms. At an extra charge, additional facilities include a hairdresser, a fitness centre with coach and baby sitting service. A Kids Club offers entertainment in summer. Free transfers are provided to/from Jamaa El Fna Square is 5 km away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Southall Travel, LoveHolidays, TravelUp, Booking.com, Prestigia, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Eden Andalou Hotel Aquapark & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eden Andalou Spa And Resort
- Eden Andalou Marrakech
- Eden Andalou Hotel Marrakech