“The Sultan's Dream”

Ranked #28 of 905 Restaurants in Marrakech
Price range: US$30 - US$60
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Our new restaurant, “Les Trois Saveurs”, which offers a choice of French, inventive Moroccan or Asian-inspired dishes. Our head chef, Didier Levy, was previously in charge of the kitchen at “Le Pavillon”, considered for many years the best French restaurant in Marrakech. Didier has a passion for seafood, which is bought fresh to the hotel from the coastal towns of Oualidia and Essaouira.The handmade teardrop-shaped lanterns at “Les Trois Saveurs” were specially designed for La Maison Arabe by Yahya Rouach; his workshop is producing the most refined metalwork in Morocco today.
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Tinkling water, exotic harmonies, flickering lamplight, in the finesse of this moorish setting, for a time, we are off on a time capsule to the court of distant dynasty. The musicians distinguish themselves, finely and discretely, almost every number softly applauded by enchanted diners. Generous portions and friendly service complete a lovely romatic evening. Worth the price for a memorable, complete outing.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

Our host at the Riad recommended la maison arabe as she recommended it, and booked us a table by the pool which immediately got my attention. I was excited. So excited that the long wait for dinner was agonising. After a long promenade through the souks and other sites of the Medina, it was time. Finally. When we got there we were asked whether we wanted an aperitif or to be directed to our table, as my stomach had just started Tamino's plead, we decided to go to our table. The host directed us into a very large ornate room in the basement. No pool. After which we met our waiter who seemed like a very nice man, until he realised that slow and steady might win the race but will definitely lose the affection of the customer. It took 15 minutes to get us a bottle of still water. At which point he asked if we had any questions about the menu to which I replied no not yet as my partner and I were deep in conversation. But he didn't seem to care asking me the same question again to which my answer had not changed. I would have put this to the language barrier if his diction wasn't so good. He finally left us to examine the menu and came back in 10 minutes. We ordered the Moroccan salads and the trio de pastilles to start and the lamb tajine and the chicken couscous as mains. Though the food did take a long time to come out my partner and I were still enjoying ourselves, chatting and listening to the entertainment, 2 guitarist and a vocalist performing what can only be described as traditional Moroccan music. That is, until the mains cam out, though the tajine was succulent and full of flavour from the dates, apricots and prunes. The chicken couscous tasted of nothing. Actually it did taste of cardboard. Overcooked and bland this was really disappointing, in fact my girlfriend and I ate one spoon and did not touch it again. Safe to say if Moroccans cant get couscous right then I will never be eating it again. After we finished the lamb our waiter, who seemed more a consequence of equal opportunity legislation than anything else now, asked how our food was. I said the lamb was good but the chicken was very bland he then smiled at me and took the food away. He came back with dessert menus to which my answer was just tea please. 30 minutes passed before we got our tea, I was furious. We immediately asked for the bill, when this arrived there was 10% added on which at this point we were too exhausted to argue, we paid and when we were just about to leave we were told that service charge wasn't added and were asked if we had a tip for the waiter. After we had told our host she then called and asked why we weren't sat at our table by the pool, to which their answer was we asked to be sat in the restaurant, and that we were lying if we said otherwise. Safe to say I will not be going back. I'm writing this so that you are not conned by this unscrupulous bunch.
Basically the service is horrendous, and the food tastes like cardboard, don't bother.

1  Thank ewa e
Reviewed 8 May 2014

The restaurant was recommended to me by two people for authentic Morroccon cuisine so I was a bit surprised with the food. Average to good but nothing to write home about. There were three of us so I felt we got a good overview of the dishes. Nothing really stood out in our group of foodies. However, the venue is striking and the service was super friendly. Maybe it was just an off night for the kitchen.

Reviewed 8 May 2014

Lovely setting, very good service, very pleasant staff and great food. The wine left something to be desired but apart from that, this was a lovely dinner spot with great food and delicious cocktails.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

It's not the widest and most adventurous menu. We had lamb tagine and lamb tanjia. We both though the tanjia was tastier. Lovely setting for couples but mostly filled with older "cruise ship" looking couples. Not as expensive as you might think. Wine is a little pricey but not the best selection.

Good service for Marrakesh.