“Meat feast!”

Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Hampshire, UK
“Meat feast!”
Reviewed 18 March 2014

Three of us went here for dinner last week, having seen it in the Eyewitness Top 10 Marrakesh guide. We were staying at the Kenzi Farah Hotel and this was a 15 minute walk, or I assume a 30 Dirhum (£2.50) taxi ride (all taxi rides seem to be 30 Dirhums apart from the airport run). Pleasant environment, friendly welcome and good service. Nice olives, bread and dips to start, then I had a meat feast (can't remember what it was actually called but it was 140 Dirhums - probably the most extensive item on the menu at £11, and it was a HUGE plate of tasty grilled mixed meat - chicken and lamb skewers, lamb chops, kofte kebab, plus liver and heart kebabs. I might not have chosen the liver and heart but it was all delicious. I chose to have chips and vegetables, but could have had rice or couscous instead. Washed down with a nice bottle of wine, I couldn't eat it all, so was able to be generous and share tasters with my happy companions, and waddled home stuffed and happy!!

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank ImATravelJunkie

Bedford, United Kingdom
“A very welcome oasis in the hubub of the Nouvelle Ville”
Reviewed 22 December 2013

I found this place by chance as the place I was aiming for was actually closed. I had walked for MILES (from the old Medina to the Jardin Majorelle and then across Nouvelle Ville to Rue Yugoslavie, so I was starving. An unassuming entrance lead through to an enchanting courtyard with waterfalls and peacocks (!) and guinea fowl, even a cockerel.

Moroccan salad starter was exquisite. The loup de mer (seabass) was okay, but rather overcooked for my tastes, there again, i wouldn't barbecue it to start with. Tastes very good and portions extremely generous.

Well worth a visit to rest tired feet.

• Visited December 2013
US
“A wonderful place to have an outdoor lunch!”
Reviewed 15 November 2013

We were on a full day tour with a guide and it was he who suggested we stop here for lunch. We are very glad we did! Lunch was served in a very pretty, relaxing, outdoor setting under some trees. We had drinks and pizza. The pizza was outstanding! Don't remember the pricing exactly, but I do remember it was very reasonable.

I think we could enjoy eating in this setting every day if we had to!!I It is a great escape from the hustle-bustle of the busy Marrakech streets.

• Visited November 2013
Heidelberg, Germany
“Great way to get away from the hustle and bustle.”
Reviewed 25 July 2013

Great tucked away outside dining... So much better than the tourist joints in the Medina. Had a varied menu for those in the group tired of eating Morrocan food. Loved the birds, peacocks, and chickens running around! Great atomospher and good food.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Kina K
Santa Fe, New Mexico
“food with flavor”
Reviewed 24 April 2013

We must have had the wrong guide; most of the food we had in Morocco had far less flavor than Moroccan food in the US. This was only an average restaurant, but still one of the best we went to. Hm, our guide wasn't with us.

Visited April 2013