“Nice little Tagine!”

Ranked #426 of 926 Restaurants in Marrakech
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 27 January 2013

Being off the main square means it is a little quiter and more resonable priced. Enjoyable tagines, nice and clean and good service. Enjoyed our meal and the football!

Reviewed 16 November 2012

Simple diner, simple decor, but nice tasty fresh food at a price that will keep you smiling all the way to the souks to grab a bargain.

Reviewed 6 July 2012

We visited Chez Bahia on the advice of the TA forum members and I'd certainly recommend it to all visitors to Marrakech.
A lovely, spacious, airy interior with a friendly and efficient staff. The food was delicious and authentic - not fancy restaurant food but good, honest, fill-you up and give you energy food. I had a beautiful chicken pastilla and my husband had a beef tagine. We shared a bowl of cous cous with vegetables but ended up leaving some as the portions were much more generous than we'd come to expect from eating in other Marrakchi cafes.
It can be easy to walk past this cafe as it is huddled in amongst the shops of Rue Zitoun el Kedim but it is a great place to avoid hordes of tourists and the heady bustle of the main square

Reviewed 22 May 2012

This family-run restaurant is open shortly after sunrise with a basic menu of Moroccan and some western food. Since my riad did not serve breakfast early, I found this place to be a godsend. The people are very friendly and not pushy. Some Moroccan guests but mostly tourists.

Like many places in Morocco, being able to recognize menu words in French will go a long way, since the owners can speak only limited English.

Reviewed 9 April 2011

This restaurant was recommended in our guide book so we thought we'd give it a try. It's exterior is a little shabby and off putting but as it was recommended who were we to criticise? We ate there twice during our stay. The first time was fine, it was around lunch and the place was almost full with a high proportion of locals. The second time we ate was late afternoon and the place was almost empty. This second meal, I had the viande tagine with olives and red onions. As soon as the top of the tagine was removed I knew I wouldn’t be able to eat it. The lamb has a thick layer of greenish yellow fat and there was very little meat without having to perform an autopsy! My fiancés meal on the other hand looked delicious. It was a vegetable tagine with lots of tasty veggies and soft floury potato slices. The Moroccan bread is wonderful, sweet and crusty thank fully we asked for extra bread as I would’ve gone hungry otherwise.
Would I recommend this place to fellow travelers? Difficult to answer, probably not but that was based on my meal. My fiancé probably would.

2  Thank callisto1275