“Human pigeon...”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Aicha

Aicha
Ranked #158 of 857 Restaurants in Marrakech
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Cheap Eats, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Human pigeon...”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 December 2013 via mobile

The good lady recommended this place and having had lots of good reviews on here we have it a go. The food was not great and I had a nasty surprise when I bit into my mixed kebab only to find out it was not beef but spleen. Sitting on the edge we were paid a visit by a man who hovered around like one of those pigeons looking for scraps and took some bread off of our plate - we had finished so weren't that bothered and at least it didn't go to waste. This was actually the highlight. :)

So...not much good to say about this place apart from friendly people. Portions small and cold.

2 Thank fishp1g

Sydney, Australia
“Told me they overcharged me and called it a tip”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2013 via mobile

The food and atmosphere were great, but the service very ubrupt which I guess is common among the stalls. I'm a solo female traveller and only ordered one dish, so it really pissed me off that they felt the need to take more of my money and tell me that it was a tip. I didn't see them do it to anyone else. It was a small amount so it wasn't the cash that bothered me, more the rude smugness that they took it upon themselves to charge me more. I won't be back.

1 Thank curioster
Vancouver, Canada
“Cheap and yummy”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2013

We had such a good experience at Aicha on our first night in Marrakech that we went back every night!

The food is cheap and good. We had different thing each night we were there, tagine, couscous, olives, skewers, sausages - it was all good!

If you haven't eaten here before, here's how it goes:
You sit down, across from your dining partner. They give you a round of bread and two sauces (one spicy, one not). You can dip your bread in the sauces or save the bread for soaking up the juices from your other dishes! Order what else you want. When you're done, flag someone down for your bill. There's only a few people there who are allowed to tally up the bill so usually someone different from the person who served you will tell you how much is owed. Add up how much it should cost before they come to confirm it's correct.

Visited June 2013
London, UK
“Cheap and cheerful”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2013

We visited Marrakech in Sep 2013 and decided to brave the food stalls on our first day there. I'd come across many mentions of Aicha on the internet and so decided to go there.

I ordered fried aubergine and veg cous cous. My other half asked for lamb chops and grilled chicken. We also got freshly baked bread and sauces/dips to go with it.

Aubergine + cous cous were ok - I thought the cous cous was a little bland and the vegs over-cooked. Nevertheless I managed to wolf down the food as I was starving. The lamb chops didn't go down too well as the meat was a little tough. The chicken however was very tasty and tender.

All of this for about 120Dh.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank ThruTheLens
Lisbon, Portugal
“Fresh ingredients and tasty food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2013

After looking around at all the stalls we decided to go for #1 seing the ingredients looked fresher. We were not disapointed. My sausages were delicious and so was my tomato salad. My friend's vegetable couscous tasted very good but the vegetables were a little overcooked. We were served a tomato sauce, a spicy sauce and bread rolls for starters (which we had not ordered but had the price listed on the menu, so we knew we would be billed for those) and we enjoyed both. Everything, in the food stall is fast paced and Aicha is no exception. It was quite an amazing experience. Prices are very reasonable.

• Visited September 2013