Riad Assakina
Riad Vendome & Spa Marrakech(Marrakech)(Great Value!)
US$85
US$100
US$92
US$310
Travelocity
Club Med Marrakech La Palmeraie(Marrakech)
US$693
clubmed.us
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsmint teaold jewish quarterroof terracethe hustle and bustlean oasisperfect hostsinterior designerevery afternoonbahia palacebooking taxiswhole teameach guestrestaurant recommendationswonderful teamwithin easy walking distanceperfect place to staydinner reservations
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 November 2010

We have just returned from our trip to Marrakech and an amazing stay in the Riad Assakina. We can't praise the Riad highly enough and can't wait for a return trip. Grant and Michele and their staff were so attentive and made us feel that nothing was an effort. They booked taxi's, places to eat and made arrangements for a trip to the Atlas Mountains for us. Their attention to detail and personal service is what we feel made our trip so enjoyable and relaxing. It's hard to believe this tranquil and stylish riad is there for so many people to enjoy while visiting a vibrant and busy city. I just hope you can take the time to experience it yourself !

2  Thank pippo4
Reviewed 23 November 2010

Traveling solo can be a little daunting sometimes. After researching Marrakech riads, I decided to stay at Riad Assakina and was very glad I chose this hotel. As a solo female, I was a little nervous about visiting Marrakech but the owners of this hotel, Michele and Grant, as well as their staff, made me feel right at home. With maps of the city's old town (medina) and a welcome packet with the dos and don'ts of Marrakech (such as child beggars, bartering, taxis, etc), I felt immediately at home. Michele, Grant and their team are extremely nice people and I was touched when Grant commented that this riad is "your home in Marrakech".

My room was beautifully decorated (as is the entire riad) and one of my favorite spots was watching the sunset on the roof. This riad is an oasis in the bustling Mellah (former Jewish quarter) of Marrakech which I would recommend to anyone.

Michele and Grant were immediately helpful as soon as I began corresponding with them about their hotel. They helped me to arrange a female guide my first day, which was extremely useful, and helped me book dinner at their hotel (delicious lamb tangine along with pumpkin and chickpea soup!) which was a sight for sour eyes after traveling 18 hours and thousands of miles from Houston, Texas.

The price of this hotel includes a wonderful breakfast (don't miss out on the fruit-filled pancakes or Moroccan pancakes in the bread basket which are both delicious) as well as afternoon tea, which is a nice break from the chaotic medina.

The personal touches and the incredibly friendly staff are what make this hotel so memorable. One my last morning, Michele and Grant walked me to my taxi and gave me a traditional Moroccan farewell with a kiss on each cheek. I found myself getting emotional, realizing how grateful I was as a solo female to stumble upon this terrific hotel.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled solo
2  Thank Donnah96
Reviewed 23 November 2010

A place of tranquillity decorated with tastefull elegance in a bustling City, We were welcomed in to the Riad as if we were going into someones home, the service was second to none, the food excellent and the position is perfect for you to spend your days sightseeing and shopping. The roof top gardens were lovely in the evening sun, a perfect place to unwind.

Reviewed 23 November 2010

We have just returned for an excellent 4 day trip to Marrakech. As a destination in its own right the city is truly amazing however the trip was made by the amazing personal service that Grant and Michele and all the staff offered. The riad is the definition of boutique chic but without the coldness that you often get in “designer hotels”. The staff ensured that you got the most from your visit to this city by guiding you (literally) to the “hidden parts of the city”. We will definitely be returning to the city and the riad.

Reviewed 22 November 2010

We have just returned from a trip to Morocco and one of the highlights of our trip was
Riad Assakina. From the frantic streets of Marrakesh and down a not so pretty alley
lies this GEM. As soon as the doors opened and we were warmly welcomed to this
peaceful oasis of tranquil colors the stress of the day melted away and we had no
doubt it was going to be a wonderful stay. Michelle & Grant have done a wonderful
job down to every last detail to make this a truly special place, from the fabulous
rooftop sitting areas, the rooms all with different colors and design and great bathrooms, the courtyard and sitting areas so cozy and tranquil.
We had the pleasure of dining at the Riad one night and the food and service was
exceptional as was the delicious breakfast each morning, don't know the secret
to their french toast, but it was the best I've ever had.
Michelle and Grant have picked a staff of "kind souls" to add to the beauty of this
place, from Naoual who seemed to take care of just about everything, to Hicham
the guardian, waiter, porter etc. , Meriem the great cook and Kenza & Nora who
kept the place so tidy. I don't think I ever so one of them without a smile on their face
ready to help with anything you needed.
So THANK YOU Michelle & Grant,for all of the above, I will never forget it!!
Peace, Barb Doctorman