“Nice place to stay”

Mogador Menzah Appart Hotel
Ranked #349 of 500 Hotels in Marrakech
Reviewed 7 May 2014

The apartments here are very good for the price well worth a stay for couples or family's good value for money nice pool area friendly staff. We have stayed here before and returned because we were so happy with it before. We wil stay again the next time we are in Marrakech

Room Tip: We usually stay in the apartments on the ground floor they are very spacious with fridge and cooking...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Evelyn S

Reviewed 8 April 2014 via mobile

This hotel is okay if you're look for a nice big bed and a roof over your head. The hotel also had a nice Hamam. Hotel staff are very polite.

But there are aspects that are concerning: the shower temperature kept changing, so it went from burning hot to freezing cold and meant we had to constantly step in and out of the shower; cockroaches in the cupboard; kitchen had leaks in the sink; bathroom had mould in numerous sections; utensils in the kitchen looked dirty as they had brown marks on them; TV did not work properly; wifi connection "broke down" on many occasions during our stay and we ended up going to a local cafe to get connection; and overall the place felt too dusty to be regarded as a 4* hotel.

In comparison to a UK hotel, this hotel (I think) would be classed as a 2*.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Farhad H
Reviewed 24 December 2013

Currently staying here, and felt compelled to write a review after another busy day in lovely Marrakesh WITHOUT a hot shower at the end of the day! We have had the friendly staff reassure us of hot water but to no success until day 3!
Although the hotel room has a nice apartment feel, with adjoining lounge area, we have a young child and requested a triple room, this could not be accommodated at all, even though on booking over the internet it said it was fine. The rooms etc are clean enough and warm enough with heating in winter. Wifi has been hit and miss and breakfast appalling. Walk to Jam el fina about 25-30mins and nowhere nice to eat local. The pool looks lovely, but not heated. Please think carefully before venturing out here. We definitely wouldn't relive this experience again.

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank rup786
Reviewed 19 December 2013

I have been to Marrakech before and always stay in Hivernage, where this hotel is located. It is also quite close to the other suburb of Gueliz. I chose this hotel because I was taking two friends to Marrakech and we wanted a family room, which is what we got for £63, which I consider a very reasonable price for three nights. The room was spacious, clean and contained one double bed and in the sitting room, enough space for three others. The room also has a kitchenette and a fridge.

There is a restaurant which has a small menu at a reasonable price, however I found that the buffet style breakfast wasn't very good and only had it once. I did have a lunch there which was very good and I would recommend eating there as you can eat outside with views of the surrounding suburbs, hills and the airport in the distance.

The staff were ok, however the WIFI in my room would not connect and each day I would be told "it will be fixed tomorrow", however it emerged that I had been given the wrong password for our floor and that there was actually nothing wrong with it. However, I always balance my expectations with the price that I pay and for this kind of price, I'm not going to worry too much about being fobbed off about the WIFI!

There is a bureau de change at the hotel, as well as a swimming pool and spa. One of my friends used the spa and she reports that it was a very reasonable price and she would recommend this.

The location of the hotel is on the outskirts of Hivernage and is a 20-30 minuite walk to Koutoubia Mosque and the souk. I would strongly recommend getting a petit taxi at 40-50 dirhams to and from this hotel to wherever you want to go in the city, especially at night.

Overall, I recommend this hotel for the budget traveller, especially those in a small mixed group. However, if you want to be close to all the action in the Medina (old town), you'll have to pay more for a hotel that's closer, or book a Ryad that's actually inside the Medina.

Room Tip: If you ask for a room on the top floor, you can leach off the restaurant's WIFI which is always...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Pauly1975
Reviewed 5 November 2013

My family and I visited Marrakesh again a few weeks ago. We stayed, for the second time, at Ryad Mogador Menzah. I am still of the opinion that it's a reasonable hotel. The food at the nearby restaurants was expensive but this Hotel's own restaurant served fairly good food at relatively better prices. The (small) fridge in the apartment can hold cheese/sandwiches/bread etc which will be even more helpful to the budget-conscious. The staff was friendly (though you may have to call them several times if you need extra items such as towel, pillow etc). One word of caution: When the cleaners mop the floor, they don't put up signs such as "Caution: Wet floor - danger of slipping" etc; Alhmadulillah (always), we didn't experience any unpleasant incident but as Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) said: "Tie your camel, Then put your trust in God" - hence I decided to highlight it here.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Naseer A
Reviewed 3 November 2013

this is a very good hotel for all the family, the staff are well trained ,they do speak english , the rooms are nice and clean and spacious, this hotel is close to all the site seeing places, its bang in the middle, you can walk it to KFC and Mcdonalds, which are situated in the new railway station.the best was the size of the rooms, the cleansiness and location

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 October 2013

We stayed in Oct so the hotel wasn't as full as in high season. There were a few issues cosmetically that didn't affect safety but were a little unsightly (the port that holds the key card to run the electrics in the room were loose from the wall) but we found the hotel staff helpful and friendly and eager to help get us a taxi, etc in exchange for a small tip, as is the custom in that part of the world. We weren't overcharged at all and the hotel offered to store our luggage for a week for us while we were off on a train tour around the rest of Morocco. The building was beautiful, the pool area lovely and I loved the Moroccan breakfasts! They were the same every day but included local delicacies and you could have as much as you liked as well as make a sandwich to take with you for lunch during the day. No noise problems. We had to ask how to work the aircon but it did work once we knew how to turn it on. Free wifi--shame on other hotels for charging for it!

Room Tip: All rooms face the swimming pool area. Balconies on all rooms.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple