My friend and I have just come back from four wonderful days in Marrakech. After reading excellent review after excellent review I was looking forward to our stay at La Porte Rouge, and we were not disappointed. Firstly, all the staff at La Porte Rouge will do anything to make your stay more comfortable. We were greeted by the charming Kassim who was always polite and ready to help us. Karen, the manager, is also wonderful and gave us some great advice about hammams and restaurants. Karen even suggested one of her staff taking us to the local hammam for a traditional experience - amazing service! In the end we did choose the more touristy Les Bains de Marrakech, but still, lovely to have the offer. Said the night porter was extremely polite and let's not forget the Riad's darling cat Max! Going back to food, when at La Porte Rouge, you MUST sample the delights of the house chef. We ordered a three course meal for 15 euros and it was superb. The beef tagine was one of the best dishes we ate in Marrakech.
The Riad itself is exquisitely decorated, with traditional Marrakshi furnishings and a large central courtyard area. We particularly liked the roof terrace to chill out on after long days exploring the souks in the north of town. Our room was beautifully furnished, we couldn't ask for anything more. As other reviewers have said, the riad is located in the south of the city, but once we knew the walk we could easily do it in 10-15 minutes. Taxis are very cheap too - never more than about £5. I can't recommend this Riad enough, if you want a few days exploring the delights of Marrakech, head straight here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Close to the Palais Royal gardens and 15 minutes walk from the legendary Jamaa Lfna square.Recently restored in the respect for the traditional morrocan architectureHospitality, comfort and service, perfectly define the Riad La Porte Rouge.You can dream in its shady patio, sip tea with mint in its morrocan lounge or refresh yourself in its moorish pool.Very quiet, a magical place that will allow you to rest in peace in the lounge or the beautiful terrace with views of the atlas, or around the patio lively murmur of a fountain bathed in rose petals, tea mint at nap time, not to mention spicy tagine or a magical light candles and dance. Real sensations that will make you sway to moments of pure well-being!For your convenience, seven different rooms , all equipped with bathroom and air conditioning and a safe . And also a jacuzzi on the terrace.A helpful and attentive staff will accompany you during your stay, to make it unforgettable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, Evoline ltd and Hotel.de so you can book your Riad La Porte Rouge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riad La Porte Rouge Hotel Marrakech
- Riad La Porte Rouge Marrakech