My boyfriend and I stayed here for 6 nights mid-December and loved the atmosphere, our room, and all the staff at Riad La Porte Rouge.
We had a different breakfast included every morning packed full of choice of which we had the choice of eating on the roof terrace, in the lounge or wherever we chose. The staff were lovely and very helpful, where the owner Karen gave us a thorough tour through the map of Marrakech and ideas of what to do on our arrival. She even gave us a lift one night to a restaurant free of charge on her way home to save us a taxi!
The food at the hotel was delicious, however most nights we did stay in the main square, about a 15min walk from the Riad, to eat from the night market food stalls as we were on a bit of a budget. Marrakech itself was interesting and the souks lovely to get lost in.
If we visit marrakech again we will definitely reconsider this riad again- the price was very reasonable for what we got and the atmosphere a perfect setting for Moroccan culture and cuisine. It was also lovely and peaceful away from the hustle and bustle of the streets so we felt very safe and secure here. Definitely recommending to friends!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Close to the Palais Royal gardens and 15 minutes walk from the legendary Jamaa Lfna square.Recently restored in the respect for the traditional morrocan architectureHospitality, comfort and service, perfectly define the Riad La Porte Rouge.You can dream in its shady patio, sip tea with mint in its morrocan lounge or refresh yourself in its moorish pool.Very quiet, a magical place that will allow you to rest in peace in the lounge or the beautiful terrace with views of the atlas, or around the patio lively murmur of a fountain bathed in rose petals, tea mint at nap time, not to mention spicy tagine or a magical light candles and dance. Real sensations that will make you sway to moments of pure well-being!For your convenience, seven different rooms , all equipped with bathroom and air conditioning and a safe . And also a jacuzzi on the terrace.A helpful and attentive staff will accompany you during your stay, to make it unforgettable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Riad La Porte Rouge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riad La Porte Rouge Hotel Marrakech
- Riad La Porte Rouge Marrakech