My boyfriend and I were very impressed with this beautiful riad. Upon arrival, we were given refreshing mint tea and mini cakes and there were fresh oranges waiting for us in our room and rose petals scattered everywhere! The riad is tucked away in a quiet spot, but be aware that it is very close to a mosque so you may be woken rather early by the call to prayer. We did not find this to be a problem at all and enjoyed hearing it. My only very small gripes about the room are that, firstly, we did not get fresh towels every day and as it wasn’t very warm they were damp for most of our stay. Secondly, we were on the ground floor, right off the courtyard, which did mean there was a bit of noise from other guests and we felt that we could perhaps be overheard in the bathroom, but this is to be expected when staying in a traditional riad!
We found the staff to be incredibly helpful, friendly and always available. They organised our transfers for us, which ran like clockwork. We had bed and breakfast, which was served whenever and wherever we asked for it. It was different every day and truly delicious. You are able to eat in the dining room/lounge, in the central courtyard or up on the roof terrace, which is a lovely suntrap. We ate one evening meal in the riad, which was all homemade and authentic Moroccan cuisine.
The only possible downside of Riad la Porte Rouge is the location. It is a little way from the central medina and this does mean a bit of a walk. There are basically no pavements and you walk past numerous stall holders who will hassle to try and sell you things and I did find this a little bothersome. Also, the temperature during our visit was just about perfect, but I can imagine that this walk would not be enjoyable in the height of summer.
Overall, I would recommend Riad la Porte Rouge to anyway who would like to stay somewhere traditionally Moroccan, with wonderful staff and delicious breakfasts!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Close to the Palais Royal gardens and 15 minutes walk from the legendary Jamaa Lfna square.Recently restored in the respect for the traditional morrocan architectureHospitality, comfort and service, perfectly define the Riad La Porte Rouge.You can dream in its shady patio, sip tea with mint in its morrocan lounge or refresh yourself in its moorish pool.Very quiet, a magical place that will allow you to rest in peace in the lounge or the beautiful terrace with views of the atlas, or around the patio lively murmur of a fountain bathed in rose petals, tea mint at nap time, not to mention spicy tagine or a magical light candles and dance. Real sensations that will make you sway to moments of pure well-being!For your convenience, seven different rooms , all equipped with bathroom and air conditioning and a safe . And also a jacuzzi on the terrace.A helpful and attentive staff will accompany you during your stay, to make it unforgettable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelsClick and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Riad La Porte Rouge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riad La Porte Rouge Hotel Marrakech
- Riad La Porte Rouge Marrakech