“A Favorite!”

SENTIDO Kenzi Menara Palace
Ranked #98 of 499 Hotels in Marrakech
Reviewed 19 March 2012

My husband and I just returned from our second stay at the classy and beautiful Kenzi Menara Palace. We travel a lot in Morocco and are always looking for favorite places to return; this hotel is one of those we will return to over and over again. Here are the things which make this place so special to us; the gorgeous decor of the lobby and seating areas; the friendly, helpful staff who are there when you need them; the location with its fabulous rose gardens; the olympic-sized swimming pool, surrounded by beautiful gardens; the convenience of access; the fabulous bathroom, with a separate bath tub and enclosed shower, separate toilet and biddet, and elegant decor; the room with very tasteful colors; the interactive TV; and the cleanliness Immediately upon returning home, we made 2 more reservations! Thanks to all the employees there who help make this a favorite place to stay while in Marrakech.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MoroccoChristina
Write a ReviewReviews (2,150)

Reviewed 14 March 2012

I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights and found it uninteresting and dull. I was upgraded though to a suite, but the lighting in the room was terrible and I could hardly see what was in my suitcase !

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank IskandarT
Reviewed 4 March 2012

I had an excellent stay in this hotel. The room was spacious and clean. The furniture is new and nice . 2 TVs one in the room the other in the livingroom. A very big bathroom very well equiped (bath + shower!!!)
The swimming pool was very large and nice , People in service were froendly and efficient
the Breakfast was good. one point to review would be the Hot Beverage for breakfast (not enough and not hot enoough...)

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 February 2012

I stayed at this hotel for three nights in February. I made reservations through Expedia and paid online for poolview rooms. When I arrived I was given street view without even letting me know, we found out when we got to the rooms. I called the front desk and they said they were totally booked and maybe they could accomodate us the next day. I was a bit upset but there wasn't much we could do since they said they were booked. The next morning I went back to the reception and spoke to Soufiane, he gave me the rooms with pool view right away and told me that he may need to switch me to yet another set of rooms the following day. I didn't object as I had aready decided that we will not be moving anywhere since we paid for those rooms. Eventually no one called to tell us that we had to move and stayed in those rooms until we checked out. The checkout was very quick, less than five minutes. The service in other areas could do better. The room service don't put soap in the bathroom every day. We had two small soaps for 3 nights in each room! Kleenex boxes were empty and were never changed during our stay. The hotel maybe seeing these items as an exra cost, for customers it's something we pay for. The breakfast was included in the stay, it was good overall but could do better. Restaurant menu was very limited and overpriced. Someone mentioned in the review that there was no coffee in the rooms, we had a coffee machine in each room but you pay for each coffee or tea bag you use (30DH each I believe). I wasn't surprised by any hidden fees, Expedia already mentioned that I will be paying 30DH tax per person/per day. As far as location, I personally liked the fact that it is away from the hustle and bustle and they offer free shuttle.
To sum it all up, beautiful resort with very large rooms and very courteous personnel.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank AgadirTrip
Reviewed 27 February 2012

The hotel is located in king mohamed vI street. The location is fantastic in that you are overlooking the great Atlas mountains, in a very clean, quite atmosphere. Its not very near to sahet masged el fana, but you can use a taxi that will cost you about 10 dollars to go and return to any attraction in Marrakesh. The layout of the hotel are fantastic. The front disc personell ( mohamed, ahmed, taha and adel) are very pleasent and helpful. The consierge ( ahmad el Sharef) is the man that can give you advice about where, what and how to do the best things in Marrakesh. The rooms are large and the interior decoration and furniture are great. The swimming pool and its area is magnifesent, the spa and its services are great. Its a fantastic resort.

Room Tip: Use a pool view room, not a garden view room.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 February 2012

Would not recommend this hotel, very disorganised and staff were completely unhelpful. I had booked for the hotel car to pick us up from the Airport and for the fare to be booked to my room account. The car did not turn up, I needed to phone the hotel 3 times and wait for over 90 minutes before a car arrived and then the driver insisted that we paid him (although this had been charged to my room account). The hotel would not or could not phone me to let me know what was happening. The rooms are basic and although I asked many times the coffee machine leaked water all over the dresser. I had also booked a twim room and it was made up as a double this meant we had to wait for someone to come and change the room around. The area around the hotel is a desert, there is nothing in the area and although the blurb states it is only 10 denar to get into town the concierge is in cahoots with the taxi drivers and they try and charge over 100 denars to get into town. It ended up being too difficult to try and go out at nights.

This is supposed to be a 5 star hotel, it didn't have the 5 star facilities. The blurb on the internet stated that it has robes, slippers and ameneties in the room, there werent any, even if one asked at reception these were never put into the room. There were none of the amenities one would expect from a 5 star hotel.

Don't go during Ramadan, the staff dont know or care what is going on and do not want to assist in any manner.

I had a sun umbrella by the pool crash down on me (and I am disabled) and all they could do was to shrug their shoulders.

The food at the hotel is mediocre at best and incredibly overpriced, they have a captive audience and cant be bothered to make an effort

Make sure you take your own tea and coffee with you as they wanted to charge 6 euro per tea bag or coffee sachet.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
7  Thank hugaby
Reviewed 20 February 2012

I had been to Marrakech on business in November 2011 had stayed in Kenzi Meanara palace for abour 5- 6 days. Its a wonderful place to stay if you have your own vehicle. because its a little away from the town. There are lots of rooms but it is spread over a vast area. But since the cleanliness and rooms are excellent, we can ignore the poor location.

Room Tip: rooms on the east seems better with posibility to see sunrise from your sit-out on the back.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business