The hotel if gorgeous, massive pool, spacious rooms, staff that will bend over backwards to help you but this hotel has no atmosphere what so ever.
I went to the hotel in the last week of june 2012 and there were hardly any guests, and as the hotel is so large, it makes it feel really empty. It has the potential to be an amazing hotel but because there was hardly anyone there and more staff then they needed, it just didn't really have that 'holiday' vibe to it.
The website says that it is 10 minutes from the centre, yes it's a 10 minute taxi ride, you couldn't walk it though. There is also a small shopping centre with a supermarket about 15 minute walk away from the hotel. I would strongly recommend buying food here or in the town rather then eating at the hotel as it is very overpriced, all be it very good food.
There was also a 'tourist tax' that was added onto the bill at the end of the stay, it worked out to be quite a considerable amount. There is no warning of this on the holiday website we booked with or on the hotel website, so keep some money spare!!
It is a gorgeous hotel, with friendly staff, and if you want a big pool with lots of luxury, go here. If you want to be in walking distance to the town and all the action, this is not the hotel for you!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The blend of an Arabo-Moorish architectural style with a generous 10 acres park and gardens makes the SENTIDO Kenzi Menara Palace your haven of peace and tranquility.The SENTIDO Kenzi Menara Palace is a luxury hotel located in a peaceful, 10-acre park in Marrakech just 10 minutes from the medina by free shuttle. The hotel offers accommodation mixing harmoniously the Moroccan style and a modern touch.Guestrooms are comfortable and have a balcony offering a staggering view facing the Atlas mountains. The international restaurant "Terrasse de l'Insensé" and the specialty restaurant "L'Insensé" serve quality cuisine and a different dining sensation and satisfy all taste. There is also a traditional Moroccan restaurant, poolside snack bar, piano bar and room service. The hotel offers various activities including tennis, volleyball, badminton and a swimming pool. The Kids Club is supervised by professionals and gives children the opportunity to discover the Moroccan culture through fun and educational activities. The Spa by Terraké invites guests to relax. Guests can enjoy free Wi-Fi internet access, free on-site parking and a free shuttle to the city centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Southall Travel, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Expedia, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your SENTIDO Kenzi Menara Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kenzi Menara Palace Hotel Marrakech
- Kenzi Menara Palace Marrakech