I don't really write reviews, but there are some pretty mixed reviews for this hotel and I didn't know what to expect when we were moved to this hotel after ours was overbooked.
The hotel is lovely, its on a large site, its secure and private. The pool is large and clean, the 3 restaurants are all of good standard.
Picking up on some of the points I read before we went -
- The airport taxi was 20EUR late at night, pretty non-negotiable. The driver didn't hassle for a tip, didn't try to rip us off, and was friendly enough. (It was 10EUR return from a taxi in the hotel car park.
- The staff were NOT rude to us. They were all very polite and friendly and nothing was too much for them. They do not expect tips.
- The room was large, clean and serviced daily. We looked over the gardens and it was quiet. The TV was all in French but there was a large on demand section of films.
- We were all inclusive and wore the band so the bar / restaurant staff knew. We were treat well by the staff who would bring drinks to the table / pool lounger.
- The wifi was more than fast enough and available throughout the hotel and pool. It was around 2MB/S - enough for us to Skype home to the children on a night, check facebook/twitter. Granted it wouldnt be enough to run a company on, but you're in africa on holiday - come on!
- Food was available all day and was of a satisfactory standard. I'm not a fussy eater but if I was (or if the kids had been with us) I might have struggled - a lot of food cooked in tagines! The pool bar was handy with its burgers and pizza.
- 5 minutes walk down the road was a medium sized shopping centre, it had a few shops, a supermarket, a dominos pizza, pizza hut, burger bar, chinese, Italian Virgin Cafe.
- The shuttle to Jemaa El Fna runs 3 times each way per day. We nearly didn't go but I'm glad we did - it was certainly an experience!
I'd certainly recommend this hotel. I probably won't go back as there's a lot of the world to see, but if I was in need of some winter sun I'd suggest Marrakech and this hotel to anyone!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The blend of an Arabo-Moorish architectural style with a generous 10 acres park and gardens makes the SENTIDO Kenzi Menara Palace your haven of peace and tranquility.The SENTIDO Kenzi Menara Palace is a luxury hotel located in a peaceful, 10-acre park in Marrakech just 10 minutes from the medina by free shuttle. The hotel offers accommodation mixing harmoniously the Moroccan style and a modern touch.Guestrooms are comfortable and have a balcony offering a staggering view facing the Atlas mountains. The international restaurant "Terrasse de l'Insensé" and the specialty restaurant "L'Insensé" serve quality cuisine and a different dining sensation and satisfy all taste. There is also a traditional Moroccan restaurant, poolside snack bar, piano bar and room service. The hotel offers various activities including tennis, volleyball, badminton and a swimming pool. The Kids Club is supervised by professionals and gives children the opportunity to discover the Moroccan culture through fun and educational activities. The Spa by Terraké invites guests to relax. Guests can enjoy free Wi-Fi internet access, free on-site parking and a free shuttle to the city centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Southall Travel, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Ebookers, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your SENTIDO Kenzi Menara Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kenzi Menara Palace Hotel Marrakech
- Kenzi Menara Palace Marrakech