“An amazing experience!!”

Ranked #94 of 500 Hotels in Marrakech
Schweinfurt, Germany
“An amazing experience!!”
Reviewed 2 March 2014

My family and I (2 adults and 3 young children) stayed at this hotel in February 2014 during our visit to Marrakech. It was a fantastic experience overall. The staff were all very helpful, going out of their way to answer our questions and tend to our needs, even though English was often their 3rd or 4th language (after Arabic, French). The concierge (who spoke perfect English) was especially helpful arranging all of our tour guides (unfortunately I can't remember his name even though he wrote it down for me; I lost the paper). Breakfast was included which consisted of a well laid out buffet with made to order omelets and Moroccan pancakes. There was plenty to choose from even for our very picky children. Our room was great (a suite). We also opted for our first hammam experience and a massage, both of which were fantastic. You will not be disappointed if you stay at this hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Kenzi Menara P, Directeur général at SENTIDO Kenzi Menara Palace, responded to this review, 5 March 2014
Dear Anthony.C,

I am so happy to read the very kind comment which you were kind enough to leave on the site of Tripadvisor.
At first, I send you many thanks for your appreciation of the staff who liked your wonderful compliments, particularly Cherif, the chief concierge, who is the lobby prince.
I am very glad to know that you and your family enjoyed your stay in the Kenzi Menara Palace.
I read with a lot of pleasure that you particularly liked the breakfast, as well as the spacious suite and your first experience at the hammam and the massage.
Dear Anthony.C, I will be very happy to receive you for your next holidays in the Kenzi Menara Palace.
I send you my best regards.

René BAIADA

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (246)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
NY
Reviewed 24 February 2014 via mobile

Overall the hotel was good. Room was clean and spacious, nice view, grounds and a decent breakfast.

For work I have to carry two iPhones since one is for Europe and the other one for the United States, as many people do these days. I left my computer case at the hotel with the US iPhone I wouldn't be using a hundred dollar bill very well hidden in a a pocket. I wasn't even thinking that I might get robbed I just had it there from my previous trip, as it was the custome. When I got home I realized the iPhone and the money wasn't there. I didn't take the computer bag anywhere else so I'm sure and positive it was the hotel personnel. It's painful to say this since we all know how poor the country is but please be aware of your belonging specially if they are valuable you can't easily replace. I will recommend the hotel but under serious precautions.

We are visiting Marrakech as a family in a couple of months and we will have to carry all important documents and money with us all the time. I wouldn't take the chance again.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank MSoca
Kenzi Menara P, Directeur général at SENTIDO Kenzi Menara Palace, responded to this review, 27 February 2014
Dear MSoca

I read the comment you left on the site Tripadvasor and, for the first time I did not thank you for the words that you post.
In fact, a completely free and anonymously, you accuse Hotel robbery and scrape passing our country without any evidence.

Best Regards

Chelmsford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 February 2014

We can thoroughly recommend this hotel, The staff are superb and nothing is too much trouble.The food is excellent particularly the desserts , felt like I,d walked into a french patisserie shop every day during our stay wonderful. Yes Cheriff the concierge is every bit as helpful as one may have read, charming man with great local knowledge and contacts. We would just say that best to take a pool room rather than a garden room as there is a good chance your garden room will not be too far from the main road as we found and decided to upgrade despite our travel agent having already charged us for an upgrade. If we revisit Marrekech we would defiinately stay here as you have a hotel which works like a well oiled machine.

Room Tip: go for a pool room
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank tangerinedream565
Dear tangerinedream565

First of all, I would like to thank you for choosing the Kenzi Menara Palace for your last journey in Marrakech, also for posting your review to share this experience with all Tripadvisor’s visitors.

Your comment shows clearly that you have been warmly welcomed by our staff who did the best to offer you an unforgettable holiday at the Kenzi Menara Palace

I’m happy also to see that you have enjoyed the spacious and comfortable rooms, the pool and the restaurants, especially our pastry I am very glad to see you compare it with the French pastry I'm sure our pastry chef will be honored by this declaration.

Geneva, Switzerland
Reviewed 24 February 2014

Excellent hotel, nice rooms and great breakfast buffet but make sure they don't put you in room 324 or other rooms nearby.
The bar ist just below and from 20 pm to 11, sometimes 12 pm the music was so loud that our bed was vibrating :-( otherwise juste perfect.

Room Tip: Excellent hotel but make sure they don't put you in room 324 or other rooms nearby. The bar ist...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Dear Nadia R

I’m glad to read your comment posted on Tripadvasor describing your last journey in Marrakech, and would like to thank you for sharing this experience with all the travelers.
I m very proud to see that you enjoyed our beautiful gardens, our buildings, indoor and outdoor swimming pool, the diner and the lunch, also the breakfast with all these advantages and these delights.

Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed 22 February 2014

I attended a conference at this hotel. The facilities are very good for a conference, especially with all of the conference for people to have side meetings. The staff are good and the room comfortable.

If I was coming as a visitor to Marrakech, I would recommend staying here. The pool and views of the mountains are nice, but getting into the city is sort of a pain. They have a shuttle, but this that's where you want to be.

Room Tip: Try to get a room facing the pool. Otherwise, you'll be looking out onto roads.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank benjaminjaques
Dear benjaminjaques

First of all, I would like to thank you for choosing the Kenzi Menara Palace for your last journey in Marrakech, also for posting your review to share this experience with all tripadvsor’s visitors.
I’m happy to note that you have enjoyed the spacious and comfortable rooms, the pool and the restaurants.

I hope to see you soon in order to better enjoy our beautiful hotel

Marrakech
Reviewed 22 February 2014

Impressed the hotel manager made himself known to us and was actively helping staff in all parts of the hotel. Guest services were also good but the star was Cherrif at the concierge desk. Friendly, helpful, always smiling and an interesting chap to talk with.

• Stayed February 2014
Dear Timgwilson

I am pleased to read the comment that you kindly leave the site Tripadvasor following the stay that you spent in the beautiful hotel that I run.
I’m glad to see that staff’s hotel has been helpful and available, especially since you mention me; actually I am very dedicated to my work also Cherif our chef concierge many asset among them the sympathy and sense of professionalism

Danbury, Connecticut
Reviewed 20 February 2014

My wife and I stayed at Kenzi Menara for 3 nights/4 days and thoroughly enjoyed the accommodations. The room and bathroom are spacious and the grounds are well maintained. We received wonderful service from Leila at the Reception desk, and from Cherif and his Concierge staff. They were willing to address our every need and added valued to our stay.

Room Tip: The Le Gardenia section is a far walk from the lobby and pool area if you are in a room above the fi...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Doug112S
Kenzi Menara P, Directeur général at SENTIDO Kenzi Menara Palace, responded to this review, 25 February 2014
Dear Doug112S,

I’m glad to see that staff’s hotel has been helpful and available, and you passed unforgettable moments for you and your family.
Sheriff our Chef Concierge is always proof of hard work and dedication to these customers, and the front desk staff help all customers spent their time in good conditions.
It was an honor for me to welcome you to our palace.
And hope to see you again