Stayed here as a couples long weekend.
Staff all speak a variety of languages which is useful for monolingual people like myself.
Friendly welcome on check in, our room was on the ground floor with a balcony that led to the pool area, ideal!
Modern, spacious, warm, two toilets, sofa, bidet, huge bath, one of the biggest beds i have seen.
The room was immaculately cleaned every day, with two courtesy bottles of water placed in the fridge and two more more by the bedside tables.
The reception has lots of comfortable areas where that you can sit in, three restaurants and a huge pool.
The pool area has towels that can be used for the pool area no need to bring your own, bar staff will put up umberellas as needed
Breakfast was very continental, however fresh pancakes, eggs and omlettes could be ordered from one of the counters in the breakfast room.
Staff do not ask for tips, but you get the feeling it is kind of expected, but then by the end of your stay you actually want to tip people for the service they have provided.
There is free wifi in the hotel, it reaches the rooms and pools as well as the reception area.
Marrakesh square is about a 20-30 minute walk away, but this hotel runs a shuttle three times a day to and from the hotel. You will be greeted by people saying they are the guide for the hotel, will show you down the street and expect payment. Do not listen to the hype, you can walk through the markets alone.
The fare from the airport to the hotel, we were charged 300dhs (and then he tried to add another 30 for 'nightime' fee and bags) then by the time we got used to the prices the fare was 100 DHS on the way back, so once you get off the plane, tell them you come to Marrakesh all the time to be charged a fair fare!
The fare from the square to the hotel is between 50-70 Dhs, again drivers will charge as much as they think they can get.
Ate at the hotel once, the food was ok, just ok, I preferred the food elsewhere personally.
There is a small shopping mall 10-15 minutes walk away, with a Carfour Supermarket, clothes shops, and many take aways (Deep Pan etc) prices are cheaper than they are in the UK
There is a spa attached to the hotel, where we got changed after using the pool before our flight, but we never used the facilities.
There are two nightclubs on the same strip although we never went to them.
I would stay here again without any hesitation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The blend of an Arabo-Moorish architectural style with a generous 10 acres park and gardens makes the SENTIDO Kenzi Menara Palace your haven of peace and tranquility.The SENTIDO Kenzi Menara Palace is a luxury hotel located in a peaceful, 10-acre park in Marrakech just 10 minutes from the medina by free shuttle. The hotel offers accommodation mixing harmoniously the Moroccan style and a modern touch.Guestrooms are comfortable and have a balcony offering a staggering view facing the Atlas mountains. The international restaurant "Terrasse de l'Insensé" and the specialty restaurant "L'Insensé" serve quality cuisine and a different dining sensation and satisfy all taste. There is also a traditional Moroccan restaurant, poolside snack bar, piano bar and room service. The hotel offers various activities including tennis, volleyball, badminton and a swimming pool. The Kids Club is supervised by professionals and gives children the opportunity to discover the Moroccan culture through fun and educational activities. The Spa by Terraké invites guests to relax. Guests can enjoy free Wi-Fi internet access, free on-site parking and a free shuttle to the city centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Southall Travel, Preferred Hotels, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), Prestigia, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your SENTIDO Kenzi Menara Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kenzi Menara Palace Hotel Marrakech
- Kenzi Menara Palace Marrakech