SENTIDO Kenzi Menara Palace
Great 4.5/5
Good 3.5/5
Good 3.5/5
2,251 results
All reviewspool barmoroccan restaurantgarden viewatlas mountainshead conciergeall inclusive packagebeautiful hotelsmaller poolconcierge deskpool stafffree shuttleguest relationsrooms are largeseparate toiletmain restaurantpool sideplenty of sunbeds
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 April 2014

Our room was large and spacious with a lovely view overlooking the pool and the Atlas Mountains in the distance. The concierge was helpful and arranged a trip and hire car for us at the start of our holiday when the weather wasn't fantastic - driving in Marrakech is an experience! We enjoyed the buffet and Moroccan restaurant but the Italian was a bit disappointing and sparce. Thank you to the bar staff for putting up with us sourcing the ingredients for a Bloody Mary!!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Kenzi Menara P, Directeur général at SENTIDO Kenzi Menara Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

Dear Customers Sharon K.

I enjoy reading the comments that you kindly displayed on Tripadvisor web site and I can translate your stay at Kenzi Menara Palace went well .

I am delighted that your large and spacious room with a great view of the pool and the Atlas Mountains you have rained. In winter, these mountains are snow-capped Atlas and offer a totally extraordinary spectacle.

The head concierge is proud to read your compliments on the various services he had the advantage to offer .

I love your point about driving in Marrakech.

I want to thank you for your kind compliments on the quality of our international buffet restaurant has every meal of the day and the quality of the Moroccan restaurant served dinner only .

Finally , I note that you enjoyed the service bar for Bloody Mary .

Dear Customers, I'm looking forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 30 April 2014

My partner and I stayed at this hotel for a week, 18-25th April.
This is a very well run, organised hotel which is very large, but despite this has a very warm, friendly atmosphere.
It's location is wonderful, just on the outside of the hustle and bustle of Marrakech, it was a calm oasis to return to in the evening. The architecture of the hotel is attractive, and the outdoor pool and pool bar/restaurant was fantastic. The hotel bar itself is quite nice, with excellent staff who are very friendly, however drinks are not cheap! Perhaps the bar could use better background music, to create a better atmosphere.
Breakfast each morning was very impressive, with alot of selection, catering well for everybody.
The room was wonderful, very large with a nice decent balcony. I would recommend a room on the first or second floor overlooking the pool/gardens.
Facilites include well maintained clay courts which unfortunately I didn't get to try and an excellent hotel gym.
The only criticism I have is that the bedrooms come without iron, and clothes have to be sent to housekeeping to be "pressed". Although I requested for three shirts to be pressed only, they were both washed, and pressed, resulting in my expensive shirts shrinking! This was my only problem. Also, although I was assured I wouldn't be charged for this, the charge did appear on my bill, which I requested to be removed. Sorry, but had to mention this!
Shoutout to Sharif, who was very nice , friendly and helpful.
I would highly recommend this hotel and will be back.
Micheal H

Room Tip: 1st / 2nd floor with pool view.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Kenzi Menara P, General Manager at SENTIDO Kenzi Menara Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

Dear Customer Michael H.

It is the first May and as usual, I send you all my best wishes on this occasion and wish you a happy year events .

I am delighted to hear that your week of vacation April 18 to 25 went well and I read with great pleasure congratulations you send to different services.

The chef will be proud to read that you particularly enjoyed the buffet breakfast which is , indeed very varied and suitable for all tastes.

You are right to recommend the rooms overlooking the pool, they are more animated and the view of the swimming pool is very nice.

Allow me to address your point about the iron and I would like to inform you that the hotel had many problems because of the iron in the rooms: burns blankets, towels and fire hazards. Thus, we do not allow this facility.

Thank you for your conclusion and I am happy to meet you in advance for your next holiday in Marrakech.

Reviewed 27 April 2014

Just spent 4 days relaxing in the sun. Great hotel, very attentive and helpful staff could not have asked for more. Thanks for making our stay such a pleasant one. Hotel is lovely, very clean and food was fab. Will visit again

• Stayed: April 2014
Kenzi Menara P, Directeur général at SENTIDO Kenzi Menara Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2014

Dear 0706 ANNA

I appreciate the comment you left on the tripadvisor website, because on 3 lines you summarize your wonderful stay

you have spent 4 days at Kenzi Menara Palace of Marrakech to relax in the sun.
-the hotel is great, the staff attentive and made your stay very pleasant.
- The food was fabulous and very clean
- you'll return
There is nothing to add, everything is said, and very soon with a bit of thrush

Rene Baida
Genenral manager

Reviewed 27 April 2014

This hotel is in a great location and is of a high standard in terms of decor etc... It is just a shame to have such a lack of confidence in the staff. We traveled through Thomsons and boy am i glad we did as our Rep was fantastic.

When we arrived at the hotel we were asked to fill in some paper work. All was fine and the staff seemed friendly enough. They then asked for a credit card to put charges on, but we said we would sort out any extras at the end of the holiday (Very glad we did this). They then told us we would be charged holiday taxes at the end of our stay. As All inclusive guests we assumed that this would not apply to us as we had already paid a package holiday price. After about an hour we were shown to our room and were a little horrified that there was only one bed between the three of us. We had asked for a twin room with an extra bed. Instead we received on king sized bed. I called reception who assured me another bed was on its way. 2 hours later, after a lovely lunch, we met with our holiday rep. There was still no extra bed. It took our Rep to phone the people in charge to sort out what we had asked for. Even then it was not until 6 hours after arriving in the hotel that the bed was made up and we were not in a twin room. Fortunately the bed was large so not too much of a problem.

The extra bed was more of a camp bed, which was a shame as we had all paid the same money and of course didn't receive the same. I understand it can be hard when there are 3 adults in one room, but in the UK this would normally mean a cheaper rate.

Anyway when we met with our Rep we were told we where the only people with Thompson staying there and that they had not had very good experiences with the staff as everything took a lot of persuading for anything to happen. I have to say i agree.

Any time we spoke with the reception staff, whether it was to call our rep (to book trips etc) or to book into one of the restaurants (Which were really good) we were met with less than enthusiastic or helpful responses.

Our Rep had left a letter with reception to be posted through our door about our final day coach collection two days before departure. On the final afternoon we called our rep as we had not heard anything. We were very unimpressed when we found our it should have got to us.

Having said all of that the service in other areas such as at the pool and in the 3 restaurants was very very good.

On the last 2 days there was a big conference at the hotel and there were quite a few changes. There was a bbq at lunch time by the pool, which was amazing, but it felt like it had all been put on for the conference and to keep the hotel lobby free of people in pool gear due to the conference.

The shuttle service was very good, but we went into Marrakesh on a tour first which really helped us find our bearings etc... I would also advise a trip to the Atlas Mountains as they were incredible! You can see these from the hotel but only on a very clear day.

The all inclusive meant we could eat as much as we wanted, unfortunately the drinks menu was very restrictive with only 5 cocktails, 4 of which had banana in which i am allergic to and therefore didn't really make use of this.

We went with the intention of having a spa day for my Birthday, however when we went to book it we were made to wait an hour for them to take the 'menu' and photo copy it so we could pick treatments. After this and the very big prices we decided not to go for this.

I know i am sounding a little negative, don't get me wrong this is a lovely hotel in a great location with SOME amazing staff. It is just a shame that the negatives seemed to take over.

I would not recommend this hotel i am afraid and there are so many others near by with the same location and same star rating.

Room Tip: We were on the third floor. There are lifts but the ones by our room were broken so it was far quicker to take the stairs. The noise from the road wasn't too bad but does put you off sitting on the balcony so ask for a pool view room. Check in is not until 3 so be prepared to wait.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank kiminaboat
Kenzi Menara P, Directeur général at SENTIDO Kenzi Menara Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2014

Dear kiminaboat

What a wonderful and detailed comments you have posted on Tripadvisor site. I'll summarize in these terms; you liked the whole hotel, especially the location, the decor, the food was "delicious"; and the three "very, very good restaurants, shuttle service. Too bad you have not been well served at the reception should have been more attentive to you. I will comment on the persons concerned.
Anyway, I do not understand why you quoted me to have a barbecue around the pool, no client was forced to participate and I received the best congratulations for this initiative.
Between us, I organized the previous week stay and again this week.
I am sure you will change your mind and I look forward to seeing you again.

Best Regards

Reviewed 26 April 2014

This was our first time staying in Marrakech and the first impressions of the hotel were very good. The hotel was very clean and the building was beautiful. We were three people and we stayed in a Family Suite which we found to be very spacious and much to our liking. However, we did have to wait a few hours after arriving for our hotel room to be ready. During this time, we were able to have lunch, we were served tea and were given a tour of the hotel by Saraa Saritta.One member of the staff that was outstanding was Saraa who was extremely helpful, kind and friendly and we strongly suggest befriending her upon arrival to the hotel for a more enjoyable stay. The staff at the hotel were very hospitable and welcoming. Although the hotel and staff were very nice, we found it to be quiet without much to do throughout the day. The waiters working at the buffet restaurant were very attentive and the food offered included traditional Moroccan cuisine. At dinner, we had an exceptionally attentive and friendly waiter whose name we unfortunately were unable to get before leaving the hotel but his efforts were still greatly appreciated. Noureddine and Bouchra, who were working at the restaurant at breakfast stood out in particular for being especially good. Two ladies working at the bar, Soukania and Dounia were very kind and friendly and good people to get to know when staying at the hotel. The concierge, Cherif, was extremely helpful with organizing day trips, transportation and giving general advice for visiting Marrakech.

Room Tip: We found the family room to be excellent.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Patricia S
Kenzi Menara P, General Manager at SENTIDO Kenzi Menara Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2014

My Dear Client Patricia

I appreciate the title of your comment "Really great staff ."
All my Staff join me to say thank you so much and express deep gratitude because in the wonderful craft in which we operate , the concept of service takes a great deal and makes a real difference .
I take your note about cleanliness and your total satisfaction with the family suite, very spacious, well decorated and perfectly comfortable for a family with children.
All members of staff that you mention will be very proud , reading your comment and very kind appreciations . I think the waiter in the Moroccan restaurant you have not been able to obtain the name is Ali. It is so comfortable in “The Restaurant “ it gives the real impression of being the owner.

Dear Patricia, I want to thank you for your visit and am totally sincere in saying "Come quickly to Marrakech , at home, in the beautiful Palace that I manage ; the Kenzi Menara ."

See you soon