After the build up to our wedding we were looking for somewhere to stay which would not only offer us a little bit of much needed luxury but a base in which to explore what our destination city had to offer. We found this in abundance at the Kenzi Menara. The hotel was fantastic, so grand, so clean and it reflected its Morocco roots perfectly! We arrived at 1am but we were still greeted by cheerful, welcoming staff who answered all of our questions. Our room was huge, tastefully decorated and the bathroom could have housed 20 of us! We had a lovely terrace which led to the pool area. The pool area was again was so well kept and getting a sun lounger was never a problem with at least 3 pool attendants to help puts beds together etc should you need it, lots of umbrellas too!
We'd read a little about the staff and how some were a bit mardy, we didn't encounter this at all in the restaurants or at reception / concierge, occasionally the pool and bar staff were a little off but if you took the time to chat (& occasionally tip) they were fine! The food was of a good standard and the grill offered up some very tasty food nightly! You should definitely try the Italian & Moroccan restaurants on site, especially the Italian it was beautiful!
The shuttle bus provided easy (& free) access into town, the souks were a delight, intense and a little crazy but so interesting. We also day tripped into the Atlas Mountains - definitely worth a day of your stay!
I must mention Hassan the entertainment guy - always a smile, untiring energy and a real asset to the hotel - he made us smile daily just by watching his routines, dancing and charisma with the kids! If I could suggest one improvement it would be to offer some evening entertainment for adults, maybe a show or an act after 9pm when we'd had dinner - even 2 or 3 times a week.
Overall a wonderful stay! Thank you :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The blend of an Arabo-Moorish architectural style with a generous 10 acres park and gardens makes the SENTIDO Kenzi Menara Palace your haven of peace and tranquility.The SENTIDO Kenzi Menara Palace is a luxury hotel located in a peaceful, 10-acre park in Marrakech just 10 minutes from the medina by free shuttle. The hotel offers accommodation mixing harmoniously the Moroccan style and a modern touch.Guestrooms are comfortable and have a balcony offering a staggering view facing the Atlas mountains. The international restaurant "Terrasse de l'Insensé" and the specialty restaurant "L'Insensé" serve quality cuisine and a different dining sensation and satisfy all taste. There is also a traditional Moroccan restaurant, poolside snack bar, piano bar and room service. The hotel offers various activities including tennis, volleyball, badminton and a swimming pool. The Kids Club is supervised by professionals and gives children the opportunity to discover the Moroccan culture through fun and educational activities. The Spa by Terraké invites guests to relax. Guests can enjoy free Wi-Fi internet access, free on-site parking and a free shuttle to the city centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Prestigia, Priceline, Odigeo, Southall Travel and Hotels.com so you can book your SENTIDO Kenzi Menara Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kenzi Menara Palace Hotel Marrakech
- Kenzi Menara Palace Marrakech