“Honeymoon heaven” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #96 of 508 Hotels in Marrakech
Durham, United Kingdom
“Honeymoon heaven”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

After the build up to our wedding we were looking for somewhere to stay which would not only offer us a little bit of much needed luxury but a base in which to explore what our destination city had to offer. We found this in abundance at the Kenzi Menara. The hotel was fantastic, so grand, so clean and it reflected its Morocco roots perfectly! We arrived at 1am but we were still greeted by cheerful, welcoming staff who answered all of our questions. Our room was huge, tastefully decorated and the bathroom could have housed 20 of us! We had a lovely terrace which led to the pool area. The pool area was again was so well kept and getting a sun lounger was never a problem with at least 3 pool attendants to help puts beds together etc should you need it, lots of umbrellas too!

We'd read a little about the staff and how some were a bit mardy, we didn't encounter this at all in the restaurants or at reception / concierge, occasionally the pool and bar staff were a little off but if you took the time to chat (& occasionally tip) they were fine! The food was of a good standard and the grill offered up some very tasty food nightly! You should definitely try the Italian & Moroccan restaurants on site, especially the Italian it was beautiful!

The shuttle bus provided easy (& free) access into town, the souks were a delight, intense and a little crazy but so interesting. We also day tripped into the Atlas Mountains - definitely worth a day of your stay!

I must mention Hassan the entertainment guy - always a smile, untiring energy and a real asset to the hotel - he made us smile daily just by watching his routines, dancing and charisma with the kids! If I could suggest one improvement it would be to offer some evening entertainment for adults, maybe a show or an act after 9pm when we'd had dinner - even 2 or 3 times a week.

Overall a wonderful stay! Thank you :)

Room Tip: The rooms are tiered, we had a garden / pool view room which is tier 2 I believe - worth the extra!
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Kenzi Menara P, Directeur général at SENTIDO Kenzi Menara Palace, responded to this review, 22 August 2014
Dear Guests LeaFH2014,

Firstly, I wish to renew my very best wishes to you for your happiness and a long life filled with enjoyments and with a lot of satisfactions.

I thank you to have chosen the Kenzi Menara Palace to celebrate your honeymoon.

It is a great honor for my hotel to welcome you during these few days that you describe with a lot of feeling and compliments: “hotel is fantastic”, “room was huge, tastefully decorated”, “food was of a good standard, try Italian and Moroccan restaurants”, etc..

I thank you for your visit and I hope to receive you soon for a new stay in Marrakech with us.
My very best wishes

René BAIADA

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (232)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Shipston-on-Stour, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2014

We stayed for 14 nights all inclusive, Overall absolutely superb, staff were great, the spa facilities are very good and the Masseuses are excellent, I'd highly recommend the hot stone massage. The hotel food is magnificent. While you're there make sure you visit Jemaa el Fna and I'd recommend the Al Baraka restaurant perhaps followed by the sky bar at the top of la renaissance.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Kenzi Menara P, Directeur général at SENTIDO Kenzi Menara Palace, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Dear Guests T5-Andy

I am absolutely delighted to read that you are completely satisfied by your recent stay of 14 days spent in the hotel that I manage, the Kenzi Menara Palace, and I am very sensitive to the compliments you addressed to all the hotel services: overall absolutely superb, SPA facilities, magnificent hotel food.

I notice that you congratulate particularly the staff and specially SPA masseuses who are “excellent” with a special annotation for the massage with hot stones.

It will be really pleasant to me, and my colleagues join me, to thank you for this first stay and we wait impatiently you do it again.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

The staff have been excellent, friendly and helpful! The hotel is majestic and looks fantastic. The food is lovely and varies from day to day which is nice and above all a perfect place to relax in the sun. Can't wait to come back again in the future. Thank you for such a fantastic stay!

Stayed August 2014
Kenzi Menara P, Directeur général at SENTIDO Kenzi Menara Palace, responded to this review, 9 August 2014
Dear Guest Dave O.,

I would like to thank you very much to have chosen the Kenzi Menara Palace to spend your recent holidays in Marrakech.

In my position as general manager of this superb hotel, I am proud to read the very kind comment you wrote on the Tripadvisor site.

You enjoyed your stay and you especially granted food “lovely and varies from day today”, secondly “a perfect place to relaxe in the sun”.

I loved your conclusion and I look forward to welcoming you again very soon.

Waterford, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014

Totally enjoyed our stay at kenzi menara palace. Travelled with my husband, 2 daughters aged 4 and 2, brother and sister in law. The room was beautiful, and very spacious, with a cleanliness level that puts Switzerland to shame!! A special thank you to Cherif and his concierge chrew who were very attentive and friendly.They arranged all our excursions with a multi lingual driver who was a very professional,and safe drive. A big thank you to Yassin for making our trips so enjoyable! Looking forward to staying here again. Would highly recommend this hotel for couples and family alike!

• Stayed July 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Kenzi Menara P, Directeur général at SENTIDO Kenzi Menara Palace, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Dear Guest Imaried,

I am very happy that you chose the Kenzi Menara Palace to spend your recent holidays in Marrakesh.

Your comment “Totally enjoyed our stay” translates your total satisfaction and I am flattered by your magnificent compliments, in particular for the cleanliness where you prefer my hotel to the big world champion of the hygiene.

Finally, I shall transmit in Cherif, so his concierges brigade, your congratulations for the organization of your stay.

Looking forward to welcoming you again in my hotel,

Best regards.

Bristol
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

All the staff are extremely helpful and very polite. The room is huge and spotlessly clean. The food is different everyday and always tastes fantastic. The hotel is immaculate, very spacious and there is always somewhere to sit by the big swimming pool. The pictures of the hotel do not do this place justice. I couldn't speak any higher of the hotel and would recommend staying here to anyone going to Marrakech.

• Stayed August 2014
Dear Guest iHamsteR19,

I am so satisfied to have been lucky enough to welcome you in my hotel, the Kenzi Menara Palace, by reading the magnificent comment which you have just written on the site of Tripadvisor.

Through the remarks you shared with the travelers, I notice that you appreciated that the staff was helpful and very polite, the size of the bedroom and the cleanliness, the varied and fantastic food, and the spacious well maintained swimming pool.

But the best part of your compliments is indisputably your conclusion “I couldn’t speak any higher of the hotel and would recommend …”

Thank you, Dear Guest, I really loved.

Scherpenheuvel, Belgium
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

In July I spend 6 days at Menara Palace in Marrakech with my 16 year old daughter.
We had a fabulous time. The hotel is great, extremely clean, very spacious rooms, delicious food.
The only thing that bothered me a bit was the staff. I was travelling alone with my daughter and some of the female staff in the bars were very rude. While I was waiting to order some drinks they acted as if I was not standing there at all and served the male customers first. A bit a cultural shock for western people. But anyway, our stay was just great !!

Room Tip: All rooms are TOP !
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Cathy H
Kenzi Menara P, Directeur général at SENTIDO Kenzi Menara Palace, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Dear Guest Cathy H,

I am annoyed to read that you were bothered a bit during your stay in the hotel I manage, the Kenzi Menara Palace, because of an unfortunate error committed by a female staff in the bar, not respecting the basic protocol of the proprieties.

On the other hand, I note that you are very satisfied of your stay, and your daughter and yourself appreciated the class of the hotel, the cleanliness, as well as the quality of restaurants.

Your conclusion summarizes very clearly your general feeling: “our stay was just great!!”

Looking forward to welcoming you again,

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

I travel a lot and I prefer hôtels proposing the all inclusive. Le Menara Palace is the best in Marrakech : food and beverage, rooms and service are good. Location is perfect to spend quite holidays. I found this place through friends of mine and I can say that now I am seduce and became a regular customer of this charming place.

Stayed July 2014
Kenzi Menara P, Directeur général at SENTIDO Kenzi Menara Palace, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Dear Guest Clotilde,

To begin my answer to your very pleasant comment sent to the site of Tripadvisor, I would like to make you a confession: I am very sensitive to the reputation of the hotel which was confided to me and I appreciate very much the guests who translate their satisfaction by repetitive stays.

Very dear Clotilde you had endeed fill both my expectations.

Thank you of your loyalty and please return as often as possible. Kenzi Menara Palace is your home.

Awaiting the pleasure of receiving you again,

Best regards.