My husband and I spent the last four days of our honeymoon here, after having spent two weeks in different riads across Morocco.
It was our first experience with an all-inclusive hotel, possibly also the last one (thanks to some other hotel guests).
We've had a lovely stay in Kenzi Menara Palace; our room was located on the top floor and had a view of the pool (although we had requested a quiet room with garden view). Thankfully we didn't notice any noise during our stay. The room was large and very clean and it had everything we needed.
The staff were super friendly and helpful. We had dinner in the Italian restaurant once and we are still raving about the main course with lamb, it was divine! The tiramisu was very disappointing though (it said 'made with mascarpone' on the menu but the mascarpone was nowhere to be found). The other nights we had dinner in the buffet restaurant; we liked the tajines and the salads and the fresh tuna was amazing. The breakfast buffet was also very nice (so much fresh fruit!)!
A couple of faults, though:
1. When we had dinner in the buffet restaurant, the waiters may have been a bit too enthusiastic. I had finished my dinner but my husband was still eating and while he was having a sip of his drink, the waiter just took away his plate. This happened more than once.
2. When we had finished our starter, we went back to the buffet for our main course but when we arrived back at our table our drinks had disappeared and the table had been set for another couple. This also happened more than once.
3. We booked the all-inclusive package. We were told that room service was also included but when we called room service for some snacks (almonds and pistachios) and a drink (orange juice) they told us it wasn't included in the all-inclusive. We could only order soft drinks and sandwiches - but it didn't say so on the leaflet we were given upon arrival.
4. One afternoon we wanted to order a burger at the pool bar around 5pm but the waiter said it wasn't possible anymore, apparently we were too late although our leaflet said we could order at the pool bar until 6pm.
Conclusion; they should be more up-front about what is included in the all-inclusive package and until what time you can order, etc.
This is a good hotel to spend a couple of days of relaxing at the end of tour through Morocco. Mind you, if you're not used to these kinds of hotels, you will be in for a shock. We have never seen so many people order so much food, only to leave it untouched. When you're at the buffet, you will see some people that are behaving themselves as if they have never seen food before. I can imagine why staff would be rude but, surprisingly, they stayed really calm and friendly.
If you're travelling to Marrakech/Morocco for just a couple of nights, we would suggest to stay in a riad in the centre of the city - you will find great food anywhere and you will get the true feeling of Morocco.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The blend of an Arabo-Moorish architectural style with a generous 10 acres park and gardens makes the SENTIDO Kenzi Menara Palace your haven of peace and tranquility.The SENTIDO Kenzi Menara Palace is a luxury hotel located in a peaceful, 10-acre park in Marrakech just 10 minutes from the medina by free shuttle. The hotel offers accommodation mixing harmoniously the Moroccan style and a modern touch.Guestrooms are comfortable and have a balcony offering a staggering view facing the Atlas mountains. The international restaurant "Terrasse de l'Insensé" and the specialty restaurant "L'Insensé" serve quality cuisine and a different dining sensation and satisfy all taste. There is also a traditional Moroccan restaurant, poolside snack bar, piano bar and room service. The hotel offers various activities including tennis, volleyball, badminton and a swimming pool. The Kids Club is supervised by professionals and gives children the opportunity to discover the Moroccan culture through fun and educational activities. The Spa by Terraké invites guests to relax. Guests can enjoy free Wi-Fi internet access, free on-site parking and a free shuttle to the city centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Southall Travel, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your SENTIDO Kenzi Menara Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kenzi Menara Palace Hotel Marrakech
- Kenzi Menara Palace Marrakech