On arrival at Manchester airport for check in I realised booking this trip was a big mistake - large extended families with young children surrounded me and I realised I had might as well spent a week on a British council estate......take my advice, if you want a 4* platinum holiday you do not want to be staying here.
1. The hotel rooms are clean and are spacious with a good size balcony.
2. We requested a quiet room and this is what we got.
3. The shuttle bus is useful.
1. Food - the food is served in a canteen - this is not acceptable for 4* platinum. You have to serve yourself, even in the italian and morroccan themed canteens.
The food consists of pizzas, dried pasta dishes, chips and randomly a full roast dinner!! - They are clearly catering for the masses and are providing food that they think people would like to eat. I however would like to eat food from the local area.
There are various salad dishes that are present both at lunch and at dinner (I suspect the leftovers from lunch are tarted up and re served for dinner.) The food is very bland and if you are used to going out for nice meals you will be very disappointed, it reminded me of school dinners.
There are way too many flies on the dishes, especially the salads which puts you off wanting to eat anything from that counter.
2. Reception staff - the staff on reception are just rude and disinterested in any queries you may have, The late checkout option is non existent.
3. Pool area - music is played for alot of the day, why is this necessary when people are either reading or listening to their ipods? It is probably on to satisfy the hoards of undesirables drinking beer as I am wandering to breakfast.
The other reviews which regard this hotel highly evidently have lower expectations, I feel that Thompson should not be marketing this hotel as a 4* platinum, I would rate this hotel 3*.
Having said that, if you are the sort of person that spends holidays getting sun burnt by the pool whilst guzzling alcohol all day and eating cheap food - go ahead and book, this hotel is made for you.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with RIU Hotels and Resorts, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Cancelon, HotelsClick and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your ClubHotel Riu Tikida Palmeraie reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.