myself & my partner have just come back from a weeks stay here,I feel i give good honest reviews on hotels but like anything in life what one person likes another may hate so this hotel may have not been for me but with the numerous good reviews most seem to like it!
I choose this hotel due to the attractive price,the good trip advisor reviews & the fact it was branded a 4* platinum .....so here goes
* good location - close enough to the souks etc but in a cleaner,quieter area
* pretty gardens & clean outside
* free shuttle bus to the square
* only 30 mins from the airport
* large spacious rooms
And thats about it for positives!
* cockroaches!!! and a lot!
*very basic rooms with 2 single beds pushed together
*no tea/coffee facilities in your room
* empty mini fridge - why have it?
* pool & bathroom towels are hard & at the end of there life
*limited selection of food at buffet esp if your a vegetarian or fussy eater (like myself)
*flys frozen into the ice cubes!!!
* very poor standard of entertainment at night - can't compare but I'm sure butlins would be better!
*the pool like everyone has said is freezing even with temperatures in the high 30's but its a must to use when your sunbathing so just jump in
*foul sewage smell from the bathroom plug hole - enough to make you gag when leaning over the sink to clean your teeth!
*lots of flys in the restaurants/lobby
*poor,poor WIFI,you can only connect in certain areas of the lobby or lobby bar & when everyone else is also trying to connect just give up!
I could go on with the negatives!
*if you want to use the free shuttle bus to visit the square at night book well in advance e.g. a few days!
*if theres more than 2 of you & you want sun loungers all together as a group then you need to be up reserving loungers at 6.30am!
We traveled with thompson/first choice & did 2 day trips bought via them,the discover marrakech one & the cascades one.
We were in a ground floor room which we had no disturbence of noise,we did however have no view from our terrace other than a large tree but the view from a room is not a necessity to us as if we wanted an amazing view we would pay for one & choose a country to accommodate this.
myself & my partner both ended up with upset tummys & terrible sickness at the same time - I'm a vegetarian so we never ate the same thing! (figure that one out)
We never ate in the additional 2 restaurants as they are buffet not menu based or table served so didn't see the point & with what these restaurants do serve its usually available in the main buffet every night.
We used the free shuttle bus to the souks but did need to book a few days in advance to get the time we wanted.
Overall i was terribly disappointed with the hotel & i cannot see how it rates as a 4* platinum,i personally would rate it as a 3* platinum & by saying platinum I'm being generous!
I think I've been generous with giving this hotel 3 out of 5 stars as ideally i would give it 2.5 given a chance.
We achieved what we set out for this holiday .. i wanted a suntan & rest & my keen photographer partner got his cultural pictures but i would NOT return here or recommend it I'm sure my positives vs negatives can show you that.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with RIU Hotels and Resorts, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Cancelon, HotelsClick and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your ClubHotel Riu Tikida Palmeraie reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.