“Hotel great trips shocking ” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of ClubHotel Riu Tikida Palmeraie

ClubHotel Riu Tikida Palmeraie
Ranked #101 of 508 Hotels in Marrakech
“Hotel great trips shocking ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014 via mobile

Ok so let me start with the hotel it's self it's lovely food was good loads to choose from yes it gets a bit boring after the 8th day but what food don't , the rooms are huge loads of room for your stuff the only thing is the bed two singles push together not good but was nice size now the pool was cold but when your hitting 43 degrees you need it these people that say you can't get in it is just silly once your in its so nice now the entertainment I only saw half a show that was enough for me very bad worse iv ever seen live music was very good tho , drinks where ok but wish they would make there cocktails fresh had a couple and they where so nice freshly done so all in all the hotel it's self well worth going Now massage I paid 625 dh each for a srub and massage for me and my husband let's just say jokes they rushed us in and out of the steam room twice once to put some stuff on then to scrub it down then sat us down for a min before massage started this was just nasty 1st let me say woman be warned you have to take you bikini top off yes that's right they massage all of you so if your that that kind of woman don't go shame on reb for taking people's money and not telling them this before hand . the massage it self was more like a rub just a joke , I did two trips one was the mountains let's just say it's not great stopped off twice on the Rd to take pictures and was being harassed by ppl trying to sell you things didn't really get to see the mountains very much for around about 65 pounds each you expect a lot but I'm afraid waste of money you get lunch put u have to pay for your own drinks not great oh and we got told to take a jumper cos we would be on top of a mountain and would be cold we was not it was around 41 degrees yet again I'm guessing the rep has no idea and has never been now for the taste of riad I didn't enjoy this the rep made it sound so good but waiting for an hour to start your dinner then 45 minutes waiting for each course and it's 5 courses really was not fun the belly dancing was ok but did the same thing over and over and was only there for 10 minutes so was very bored so there you have it hotel was great trips are bad looking back I now see why the Rep's push u to have all these three things there the most expensive trips they do shame on them I guess they saw me coming .....

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Julie W

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,260)
  • Turkish first
Halifax, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

Have just returned from the Palmeraie after a sweltering week. I think the main thing to remember here is the price...compared to current prices for some hotels, this one is pretty good value for what you pay.

Not sure I can identify with the reviews that have made out that the food is terrible...whilst it isn't going to win any prizes, I would say it's on a par with most similar hotels I've stayed at. The buffet approach in all of the restaurants is a bit of a failing as most places will offer service in their a la carte restaurants...missing an opportunity to be fair. The seating arrangements in the moroccan restaurant are far too crowded, you are basically sat almost on the laps of the people next to you...doesn't make for individual conversation!

Drinks are fine and service generally is perfectly acceptable. We upgraded from the start to a junior suite and they are a good size with plenty of storage etc. Room cleaning is our room was immaculate. The only thing I did find a bit of a pain was the fact that, if you arrive in the dark, you are abandoned to find your room with no idea of where you are going and the rooms are spread out in blocks at the far end of the complex.

Umbrellas are a bit small if you need some shade and boy did we need it. 44 degrees one day and noticeably hotter the day after...was almost unbearable so be prepared for that if you're going soon!

The only big negative from me...the entertainment; the first night we went into the evening show and were out again within 5 minutes. There was a dance act first which was bearable but there then followed the most inane and ridiculous attempt at a 'comedy sketch' I have ever seen...two lads playing a pretend game of tennis and making weird noises as they pretended to hit the ball...there was just no sense to it, even with my broad sense of humour. Needless to say there was an exodus in pretty short order!

All in all, it's fine, just don't expect the earth as you haven't paid for it.

Room Tip: Deffo upgrade to a junior suite if you can
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lee R
Coventry, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

This is a large all inclusive hotel a couple of miles outside Marrakech centre.
Good - friendly staff, lovely grounds, plenty of food and drinks......and a free shuttle bus into Marrakech and return which was great.

However - there is a definite lack of sun loungers - mostly reserved with towels by 9am! The pools (indoor and outdoor) were freezing - very few people were able to brave it. All the restaurants were self service and although the food was good every meal time was something of a noisy affair. Some of the wine was corked - but staff were happy to bring more.
The worst thing about the hotel was the rooms - the walls are paper thin. I was sharing with my 15 year old daughter and we were woken at 2am every morning by the girls coming into the next room. After 3 broken nights I went to reception and matters did improve for our last 2 nights (but we were still woken!). Also the beds were terribly hard - very uncomfortable.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Bracknell, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

We stayed here for a week in April and it was wonderful in every way. We would like to pick it up (and all the staff within it) and take it on every holiday but in different destinations throughout the world. It was everything you needed from a holiday hotel and more.We get fed up with being ripped off on holiday and everyone out to take as much money as possible from you but you DO NOT spend anything at the hotel (and you are not asked to). There is food and drink available all day and it always is fresh and lots of different choice throughout the day and night. They even provide 2 bottles of water in your room every day. The food was really nice and we ate far tooo much but it was great. We didn't have a bad meal the whole time we were there. We have two sons ages 10 and 16 and there was always something for them. The staff love kids of any age and treat them with the same respect as the adults. It was a great environment for the kids to walk around in safety and they would go off to the restaurants or bars on their own and off to the hotel lounge (where there is WIFI) where they made lots of friends from around the world.It is such a pretty and tranquil oasis away from the hussle of Marrakesh. There are various places to relax and have a drink. There is entertainment throughout the day which is quite fun if you join in (nothing fantastic but it was fun- water polo, darts, keep fit classes, aqua aerobics etc. The entertainments team are lovely and work so hard to make you feel welcome but if you don't want to join in they are friendly but will leave you alone and the complex and pool are so huge you can get away from it if you want to. If you need anything at all the staff are happy to help and make you feel very comfortable. We loved this place and had a fab relaxing holiday with a couple of trips out on the free shuttle bus that runs in and out of town every day which is a very mad place!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Suzanne R
Buckie scotland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

We travelled here in October ..I love the riu hotels, but wouldn't return here... Firstly the hotel was beautiful and staff are good but it has to be the worst entertainment I have seen..I know it is the staff trying their best but we were bedded early every night...on day 2 of our holiday my 2 children woke us at 3am vomiting and diahorea, I've never seen anything like it. I have been to Turkey and Egypt where we have had upset stomachs with change of water n food but this was unbelievable, they were like this not eating and bedded for 2 days and my 17 year old was ill the whole 11 nights.. The reception got someone to get us stuff from the pharmacy..it helped eventually then my husband took ill..I had it for one day and then the couple we were with was bedded with it...every 2nd person I spoke to had been ill..I think it was a bit more than a change of water n food...my friend was so ill after returning home she was signed off work for over a week...all this put a dampner on the holiday and we were scared to eat but the food was very repetitive... The wine was very good but the cocktails were not...weather was very good...good that the hotel provided a bus to go into town as this hotel is in the middle of nowhere...nice hotel, depending what you are looking for but not for us but I shall still use the riu chain.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Peterborough, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014

If you want an hotel away from the hustle and bustle of Marrakesh day to day life, this hotel is perfect. The grounds are big with fantastically kept gardens, indoor pool, outdoor pool, spa and loads of space for sun beds. The main building is reception, restaurants and bar, with the rooms being in separate blocks. Trying to find the room for the first time was a bit confusing, and frustrating, however once in the room it was big with loads of space, clean, mini fridge and a nice balcony.

The pool area was superb and very clean. The outside bar was convenient although surrounded by wasps. Food was all buffet style and extremely good. There where a couple of themed evenings to keep the variety of food interesting. For my personal taste and those who want something different, by day 4 the food got a bit boring. The hotel offers a free bus (put your name down on the list at reception) into Marrakesh, so decided to do an evening visit to Djemaa el Fna (main square). I have watched food TV programs about Djemaa el Fna and I was disappointed. Enjoy a coffee or mint tea overlooking the square, haggle in the souks and have a great meal at one of the street stalls that set up at night (go to one that is really busy).

The only disappointing part of the hotel was the evening entertainment. All I can say is embarrassing because the quality of the acts and the entertainment staff was a joke. The best thing the hotel can do is not to bother or employ decent staff/acts.

Overall a great hotel and I will be back..!!

Room Tip: Rooms start at 1001. The higher the room number the further away it is. A ground floor room has a go...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Chris W
cornwall
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014

Have been to this hotel several times and the staff are excellent. I always feel that they would help in any way they could. The staff work very hard and are always so pleasant.
The accommodation is fantastic and had an excellent view or the pool and the Atlas Mountains. The only issue is there is no where to sit outside to eat in the evenings which would be good as the dining room gets so noisy and busy.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family