“Amazing hotel!”

ClubHotel Riu Tikida Palmeraie
Ranked #107 of 499 Hotels in Marrakech
“Amazing hotel!”
Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for two weeks. The rooms and the hotel - absolutely Spotless the maids were very nice as well, new water in our room every day! All the staff in the hotel were really nice, never expected tipping like in most hotels! everybody was just really friendly.
The animation team are so funny! I don't know how they do it!
The food was really nice and always a good variation!
Drinks were good as well!
The pool is huge! Absolutely freezing but I don't know why anyone would want to complain about that as it's refreshing!
The gym is okay! Could do with more weight based things, like a bar and rack!
Would definitely return to this hotel and recommend to others!

• Stayed May 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,291)
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 3 June 2014

We visited the Tikida Palmeraie again in May 2014, our first visit was for our honeymoon in August 2013.

I wasnt expecting a return visit so soon but my husband booked us a surprise holiday for Christmas so I was overjoyed when I found out we were returning again. My visit this time was different from the last as this time I was 18 weeks pregnant so there was no drinking for me but other than that everything else was exactly the same.

The hotel now has a new manager since our visit in August last year and the things we noticed that had changed were:
More visible security 24/7
No cats (which for us was very sad :( )
The manager was seen all day around the hotel and could be approached at any time

There have been some minor changes to the grounds and also to the staff/entrainment program but other than that the hotel is still 100% clean, the service is 100% and the staff are all really helpful and friendly. In fact we were remembered by several of the staff from our last visit and they made us feel really welcome once again.

I wont go on and on about the food/entertainment as I did that in my last review, but I will say this - To those people that have complained about the 2 bookable restaurants at the hotel but DIDN'T even go in them how on earth can you complain?!

I can guarantee you that the food served in the Moroccan restaurant is not like the single tagine served in the main buffet restaurant daily, there is a bigger selection of Moroccan cuisine on offer and I urge you to book and try it, as it is out of this world - the setting of the Moroccan restaurant is far more intimate and I would say book the second seating as there is no rush for them to turn the tables and the service is 100%. The food in the Italian restaurant is typically Italian so I am not sure what the moaning minnies of previous reviews had to moan about.

As for the main buffet restaurant, I managed to eat something different every single night without resorting to pizza and chips.

I cant recommend this hotel enough, I have recommended it to lots of my friends and we will definitely be returning again sometime in the future.

Room Tip: You will notice that I have given the sleep quality a 4 this time round, that's simply because w...
5 Thank SOS17
Bridport, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 June 2014

We stayed here in May and the hotel was clean, our room that was cleaned daily. The food was good but got a little repetitive towards the end of the week and would have been a struggle for 2 weeks. The staff are fantastic and really made the holiday great, nothing was to much trouble and we were well looked after by our restaurant waiter.

Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 June 2014

My daughter and I spent 11 days in this beautiful hotel. The hotel is surrounded by well kept gardens, total paradise. The food was excellent, catering for all tastes. Our room was very spacious and the maid service was second to none. All of the staff were very polite and helpful, nothing was too much trouble for them. Would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Sobhy123
Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 June 2014

My wife and me had 2 weeks there in May and what a great time we had.
Wonderful food and now the reception is no smoking really wonderful.
All the staff are really friendly right down to the cleaners , all make you very welcome.
Also good to see the management checking every where and chatting to the guests ,even by the pool and bars.
The bar staff were great and always smiling, and enjoyed to joke with you.
One remembered me from 2 years ago and came from the bar to shake my hand ,we nicknamed him cheeky boy because of his permanent grin.
The animation team worked very hard ,and the main dances were just terrific.

One point is that there is an art museum and gardens just 15 minutes walk away ,and that's so nice to see and relax in.
Malcolm and Marjorie from Hull.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank malcolm r
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Me and my partner stayed here for 10 nights (mid may) and we had a fantastic time. Brilliant food, a great selection at main meals, beautiful hotel, generally friendly staff, very clean and overall a lovely stay. The drinks on offer are also very good and the bar staff are very efficient. The pool is huge and the weather in Morocco is fantastic. Only niggle was the animation team... they work very hard however, we found them slightly irritating and a little boring in comparison to a club magic life hotel we stayed at in Tunisia.

Room Tip: Request pool view!
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

The hotel is very large, with very good facilities. The food is to a decent standard and there is no shortage of it. The rooms are spacious and clean and the staff are very friendly and accommodating. The main disadvantage is the lack of wifi. There is only wifi available in the hotel reception area and restaurant, were it to be present in the rooms, or around the pool is would be excellent!

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple