“Outstanding Hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #101 of 508 Hotels in Marrakech
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Outstanding Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

I have just come back from the most amazing 7 day holiday in Morocco. The hotel was amazing. The food was amazing and OMG the spa!!!! If you need a 7 day break, on the same timezone as the UK, only 3.5 hours flight and....guaranteed weather - please consider Morocco. The people were friendly, funny and very attentive / caring. Also this holiday was incredible value for money. Simply just go! It is also brilliant for couples, children, elderly...basically everyone!

3 Thank Clayton A

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,260)
  • Turkish first
berkshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

Typical Riu
hotel in that rooms, food, cleanliness, service and grounds good.
It was fine for us as we were only staying for 3nights to see Marrakech.....but Morocco it isn't. The hotel is situated in the middle of nowhere, no where to walk to so you could feel a little marooned.
Pool and grounds immaculate but pool area, as usual, gets crowded.
Rooms clean and large. Ours on arrival, at midnight, was cold, felt damp and was so dark with brown furnishings. A pet hate of mine is blankets on the bed so that did not help my first impression.
Staff were friendly.
Food was plentiful and as varied as can be due to the numbers of guests.
The main dining room was large, noisy, dark and like a school canteen.
We ate in the Italian restaurant both nights just so we could have a quieter atmosphere.
The tours by Thomson were good ...to the Atlas Mountains and the medina and Souks.
A good base if you are happy with a Spanish Costa hotel but do not go if you want a Moroccan experience.
Some people seem to go every year and stay for a fortnight, I cannot understand why.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank idleone
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014

I have visited this hotel twice, two years ago this month and last may, I am returning in September this year and can't wait! It is lovely in all respects, great food and drink and staff to match. The rooms are a good size and the resort itself has enough on it if you didn't want to venture anywhere. It's the perfect place to relax, I cannot recommend this hotel anymore. Go and try it for yourself and you ll love it!!

If you are wanting to venture out the square is worth a visit, the experience itself is enough. You can buy some good bargains, especially the Argan oil for your hair and skin ladies! We ate at pepe Nero, fabulous for a meal and drinks. Very reasonable but good to book before you go as popular.

Nikki beach is a beach club not too far away in the palmeraie and great for a day of fun and drinks in a luxury setting , by the pool. There is also a restaurant there, lonely for a special occasion like an anniversary or birthday treat.

Overall I love Marrakech and I'm sure you will too. Enjoy!!

Room Tip: I like the rooms overlooking the tennis courts and an upper floor!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for two weeks. The rooms and the hotel - absolutely Spotless the maids were very nice as well, new water in our room every day! All the staff in the hotel were really nice, never expected tipping like in most hotels! everybody was just really friendly.
The animation team are so funny! I don't know how they do it!
The food was really nice and always a good variation!
Drinks were good as well!
The pool is huge! Absolutely freezing but I don't know why anyone would want to complain about that as it's refreshing!
The gym is okay! Could do with more weight based things, like a bar and rack!
Would definitely return to this hotel and recommend to others!

• Stayed May 2014
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

We visited the Tikida Palmeraie again in May 2014, our first visit was for our honeymoon in August 2013.

I wasnt expecting a return visit so soon but my husband booked us a surprise holiday for Christmas so I was overjoyed when I found out we were returning again. My visit this time was different from the last as this time I was 18 weeks pregnant so there was no drinking for me but other than that everything else was exactly the same.

The hotel now has a new manager since our visit in August last year and the things we noticed that had changed were:
More visible security 24/7
No cats (which for us was very sad :( )
The manager was seen all day around the hotel and could be approached at any time

There have been some minor changes to the grounds and also to the staff/entrainment program but other than that the hotel is still 100% clean, the service is 100% and the staff are all really helpful and friendly. In fact we were remembered by several of the staff from our last visit and they made us feel really welcome once again.

I wont go on and on about the food/entertainment as I did that in my last review, but I will say this - To those people that have complained about the 2 bookable restaurants at the hotel but DIDN'T even go in them how on earth can you complain?!

I can guarantee you that the food served in the Moroccan restaurant is not like the single tagine served in the main buffet restaurant daily, there is a bigger selection of Moroccan cuisine on offer and I urge you to book and try it, as it is out of this world - the setting of the Moroccan restaurant is far more intimate and I would say book the second seating as there is no rush for them to turn the tables and the service is 100%. The food in the Italian restaurant is typically Italian so I am not sure what the moaning minnies of previous reviews had to moan about.

As for the main buffet restaurant, I managed to eat something different every single night without resorting to pizza and chips.

I cant recommend this hotel enough, I have recommended it to lots of my friends and we will definitely be returning again sometime in the future.

Room Tip: You will notice that I have given the sleep quality a 4 this time round, that's simply because w...
5 Thank SOS17
Bridport, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

We stayed here in May and the hotel was clean, our room that was cleaned daily. The food was good but got a little repetitive towards the end of the week and would have been a struggle for 2 weeks. The staff are fantastic and really made the holiday great, nothing was to much trouble and we were well looked after by our restaurant waiter.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

My daughter and I spent 11 days in this beautiful hotel. The hotel is surrounded by well kept gardens, total paradise. The food was excellent, catering for all tastes. Our room was very spacious and the maid service was second to none. All of the staff were very polite and helpful, nothing was too much trouble for them. Would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family