ClubHotel Riu Tikida Palmeraie
US$262
US$1,783
US$1,739
6,098 results
All reviewsmain restaurantmoroccan restaurantanimation teamindoor poolbuffet styleevening entertainmentlobby barshuttle busthomson repsceiling fanthe pool guysplenty of sunbedsatlas mountainsgreat holidaybottle of champagnewelcome meetingall inclusive hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 June 2014

We travelled at the end of May and arrived just after midnight at the hotel. Straight away our luggage was taken and we were given refreshing drinks at the door. Check-in was fast despite the amount of people (seemed like most of the plane were staying at the hotel!).

The hotel grounds were lovely, the pool area nice and big. We had to wake up around 7am to put towels out, especially if you wanted one of the sofa beds which had large canapys over them, instead of an actual sunbed, however I wouldn't criticse the hotel for this, as in my opinion the whole reserved sunbed situation happens at every hotel.

We were told the hotel uses all bottled water in it's water machines, ice cubes and to wash salad etc. The quality and variation was food was impressive. Everything tasted fresh and all the chefs and waiters / waitresses were supper friendly and attentive.

Our room was very big for a double, compared to other hotel stays in the past and every day 2 large bottles of drinking water were left in our room by the maids.

Overall I would highly recommend this hotel to family and friends. A beautiful setting and amazing staff, who truely worked hard to please guests. Great value for money.

Room Tip: Request a room close to the pool
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 June 2014

We traveled to morocco with my son and his girlfriend at the beginning of May .we all had an amazing time at this hotel . rooms were very clean the maid always did a very good job .the food was great excellent choice something for everyone ,staff extremely friendly always happy to help with your every need . Myself and our son celebrated special birthdays (40 & 21st ) while we were there .the staff made sure they were extra special with the added bonus of champagne and a cake for my son. We went for a meal at the taste of riad for my birthday the staff at the restaurant made the meal extra special they were very attentive and even sung happy birthday to me . Well worth the money .we also went to the waterfalls which can only be described as amazing .. A long hot day though .they do not tell you when you book the trip that it is 2hrs 30 minutes to get there and lots and lots of steps but worth it . We caught. Taxi into Marrakech which cost next to nothing .the taxi driver sheriff was extremely pleasant and friendly the soucks souks were an experience but no one bothered you the medina was amazing but extremely busy and hot . I would highly recommend this hotel and holiday we had an amazing time and were sad to come home . Only down side was people reserving sun beds and not using them for most of the day ,you have to be up extra early to get. Good spot with any sort of shade (6:30am) even though there were notices all around the pool . No one took any notice of these . Animation crew were not In Your face if you said no thank you they left you alone but they always tried to come for. Chat to see if you were ok..grounds were beautiful very well kept as was the rest of the hotel . Certainly no complaints for our little family would go back in a heart beat .

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank trace1974
Reviewed 8 June 2014

We have just had a lovely holiday the food was excellent and the staff could not have been more helpful or nicer. The entertainment staff were all really enthusiastic and friendly and tried very hard to keep everyone happy. The only negative I have is that the night time entertainment was a bit childish. We would definitely go again .

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Carl D
Reviewed 8 June 2014

My boyfriend and I travelled to this hotel on 28/5/2014 for seven nights and I can honestly say "we loved it". We are well travelled and we expect a certain standard from our hotels never staying in anything less than four star. This hotel ticked all our boxes. Upon arrival they kept the restaurant open for anyone who was hungry as we didn't arrive until after 11pm. The reception staff are very efficient and extremely friendly. We had a minor problem with our shower which was fixed within the hour and a bottle of champagne left as an apology for inconvenience. Our room 2007 was situated at the rear of the hotel within the quiet beautiful grounds. These grounds are worth a stroll around. The room was fantastic and we asked to swap our twin mattress with the double which they did straight away. The room contained two large double wardrobes, TV,fridge,king size bed, lounge sofa and coded safe. The bathroom had a shower over the bath and sink unit. The toilet was within a separate room which was a great idea and usually rare when on holiday. I would stay in this room again. The hotel has a couple of small lakes where of an evening you will hear the frogs that inhabit them. You rarely see them. The swimming pool is large, clean and safe. It can feel a little cold when you first step in, however when sitting around a pool at 36 degrees it is a welcomed cool off. There is an opportunity to join in aqua aerobics however it's even entertaining to watch as the instructor is quite a character. My only down point has to be the "wasps" I am petrified of them and found it difficult to sit on the sun lounger for more than three minutes or even go up to the bar during the day to collect a drink. If you are brave (not like me) you can swish them away and they do go. It seems to be the sweet drinks they are after. The pool bar stays open until 11pm and you can get a drink until midnight at the reception bar. The food (breakfast,lunch,evening dinner) was of a high standard for an all inclusive hotel. I would go as far to say the food was excellent. Although, if you are a food sampling person who likes a little taste of Marrakech there are some hidden gems, Riad Restaurants that are Michelin star standard without the price just off the square in the centre. Use the free bus. The people of Marrakech are lovely, they predominately speak French but always say hello and smile even when they are driving past you. The staff at the hotel from your cleaning staff, waiting staff,bar staff, reception staff and security staff are so very friendly and nothing is ever too much to ask. We would defiantly return to Marrakech and most certainly return to this hotel. The thompson rep meeting is a must see. We booked the atlas mountain trip which was well worth the money. The trip gives you an insight on how the local Berber people live and shows you the huge gap between the rich and the poor of this fascinating country. Little tip for the ladies. Take a cover of some kind for your arms as an evening can drop in temperature and become a little windy at times. For those people wanting to sample the most amazing food you will eat, ask Rasheed the rep to book you in Gastro MK. There are Mosquitos as part of North Africa so don't forget your jungle spray. Walking around the soukes are an experience and try the back alley ways as this is where you will find the best food. Happy holidays

Room Tip: 2007 is large quiet room
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Go4goldhappy
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Everything about ClubHotel was perfect for me - the staff, who couldn't do enough for you, the accommodation, the food, the gardens and the entertainment.
As a 68 year old solo traveller I never felt alone, the staff would always have time to come up and have a chat and get me involved ( willingly) in the many activities that were available.
It is a hotel that caters for all ages, from the very young to people a lot older than me. I never felt out of place with the lot of young couples there.
The selection of food available at breakfast, lunch and dinner was incredible, there was something for everyone.
Mustn't forget the very varied selection of drinks available.
A great relaxing time.

Room Tip: Bear in mind some of the rooms are about 10 minutes walk to the main dining areas so if you have a mobility problem you can always ask for assistance( which is always there with golf buggies) or seek a room closer to the activities.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo