We booked the Dellarosa through a cheap internet deal and were delighted with what we found when we arrived. The hotel is modern, clean and the staff are friendly. We ate a light meal in the hotel restaurant on the first evening at about 9.30pm and thought the food was good and reasonably-priced. We breakfasted there again each day, and the buffet breakfast offered plenty of fresh bread and pastries, a selection of cooked food, a few cereals and some fruit, although we felt it would have been much improved with more fruit and yogurt available.
To walk to the 'night market' Jemma Al Fna took about 20 minutes. There were always taxis available outside the hotel and it was difficult to refuse their offers to 'take you on a tour of Marrakech - only xxxx dirahms for the whole morning' but the main sights are all within an easy walk!
The pool was very clean, and although shady, provided welcome relief after a hot day in the city. We didn't use the spa.
The bar was adequate (£5 for a bottled beer), nothing special, and fairly expensive, especially as tax was automatically added to every price quoted after you had purchased a drink. Big screen TV to watch football.
Our room had a nice terrace outside furnished with a table and chairs, the beds were clean, comfortable and firm, the air-conditioning worked (although noisy) and the bathroom, whilst very small, had everything you need. Rose petals on the beds when we arrived was a nice touch. It could have done with a lick of paint in places and a reseal of the bath, but on the whole, not bad.
The only disappointment was the hotel's rigorous policy regarding bringing in food and drink from outside... in a hot country where the tap water is not suitable for drinking but one needs copious quantities to keep suitably hydrated, it is irritating to have to pay £2.50 for a large bottle of water from the hotel to drink in your room, when the shop next door sells it for 50p! I can understand that guests 'picnicing' everywhere might make the hotel look untidy, but I can't see why a few soft drinks create any problem, except for lack of revenue!
If you have stayed in a UK hotel which is classed as 4* then you will feel this hotel has been over-rated, but of course, you will have paid significantly more for a UK 4*. This is a clean, modern, city hotel with a few extras - we were perfectly satisfied with our stay and thoroughly enjoyed our holiday in Marrakech
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The dellarosa is located in the heart of the city, close to the shopping area and only five minutes walk from the ancient walls, the famous main square Jemma El Fna and the bustling souks. Blending the renowned Moroccan hospitality with international design and comfort,this luxury hotel is a haven in the city centre, the perfect residence to fully enjoy the Red City assets. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Southall Travel, Expedia, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Dellarosa Hotel Suites & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dellarosa Hotel Suites And Spa
- Dellarosa Hotel Suites & Spa Hotel Marrakech