“Amazing hotel”

Dar Sabra Hotel Marrakech
Ranked #137 of 1,171 Marrakech B&B and Inns
Reviewed 13 September 2011

I have just returned from a week away with my partner staying at Dar Sabra in Marrakech. I felt compelled to write a review on what was the loveliest hotel I have ever stayed in.
We were welcomed at Dar Sabra with a fresh cup of mint tea and some small cakes which was an incredibly nice touch and refreshing after our journey. The check in was very quick and we were promptly shown to our amazing room. We were then provided with the most amazing three course lunch. What a great start to amazing week.

The staff were incredibly attentive and friendly throughout our stay, no request was too big or small. They quite literally bent over backwards to make sure we were happy. The food throughout our stay was 5 star quality and served in a beautiful relaxing atmosphere. We were basically made to feel at home, which was lovely.

The hotel was always kept clean and well maintained. The art work that the owner, who lives onsite has collected was also amazing.

I would absolutely recommend this hotel to a friend and will most definitely re-visit in the not too distant future.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 12 September 2011

My partner and I have just returned from a week away here, we're well travelled and I can honestly say this is by far the nicest place I have ever stayed. The hotel/resort was always spotlessly clean and so well maintained. The owner has been collecting various pieces of art over decades, some pieces querky but all very inkeeping with the architecture and ambiance of the place. It felt more like a boutique than a hotel and for a week my girlfriend and I felt like lottery winners, this compounded with the amazing staff. They obviously work very hard, to the point where you feel a guilty for lazing about! They were so friendly and would bend over backwards to help or to find something out for you.

I would recommend this place all day long.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 July 2011

You must stay at Dar Sabra. The food is excellent thanks to the cook Meryem. What an amazing Spa, with a gigantic jacuzzi and two hammams in marble.
The contemporary suite I selected was of 70m2 with a private terrasse. It was like paradise, the rooms are very clean and the personnel is lovely. With my wife, we played tennis every day on a perfect clay course. We also played Ping-Pong. Everything is made there for you to enjoy and relax. At night, a drink at the bar around the swimming pool. I will definitely recommend this hotel to my friends if they ask me where I was in Marrakech.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank JNANETAMSNA
Reviewed 14 July 2011

When we booked the hotel we were very excited - it looked amazing and the services sounded great (restaurants, cafe, bar, cinema.... etc).

When we arrived we had a lovely welcome but when we got to the room, the plug did not work in the bathroom, there was nothing in the mini bar and the TV also did not work. We tried to call staff on every number listed in the directory but no one was around and this was not resolved until the next day.

In the day there were no staff around and we found it impossible to get drinks or food so we were hungry and thirsty for the first three days.

The bar was never open and we never had a choice of food - for the first three days we had fruit salad for breakfast as well as dessert in the evenings and even the staff were laughing about it. There were no staff around in the day to order food or drink from and as there was nothing in the fridge or a mini bar we couldn’t get anything for ourselves.

When we did complain and say we wanted to check out we were assured the service would improve and that we would get a discount.

We were upgraded that day into a lovely suite, although we had no hot water that day so we had to walk over to the old suite in our dressing gowns to shower - whets the point of having a lovely suite if you can't use the lovely big bath and shower?

As for the discount which was promised, when we came to settle the bill we were given 5% off the room rate for the first three nights only - we saw this as more of an insult than a nice gesture and felt that this should have really been at least 25%. We wished we had checked out after all.

We were so excited about our stay but we have had better service in budget hotels and feel it completely ruined our honeymoon. A real disappointment.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
9  Thank cerisesther
DarSabraChapout, Directeur général at Dar Sabra Hotel Marrakech, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2015

Dear Client,
First, I want to thank you for your feedback. While I wish you had a better experience, it is feedback like this that we learn from and use to improve. Even tough it happened a long time ago and there was another management team. Your experience falls way below our standards and I am really sorry. We work hard to deliver an exceptional guest experience and I am sure if you could come back to Dar Sabra now, you would not be disappointed. Please do not hesitate to contact me personally at contact@darsabra.com .

Reviewed 12 July 2011

Stayed for two nights, and had difficulty booking, as the hotel said that my card wouldn't work and requested me to send card details by unsecure email for a debit card and credit card for them to try. Without these they said that they wouldnt book the room, despite the card problem being their side - needless to say I didnt, and was told that 'the room may still be available when i arrive'.
On arriving waited 15 minutes in an empty reception and was eventually attended to. This was a general theme, there appeared throughout the stay to be only 3 staff, usually not visable anywhere - 2 waiters and a french Tourism student on internship acting as manager that appeared to be in complete sole charge of the hotel, who occasionally clattered about in jeans and flit flops.
In interactions with her, her attitude was (infrequently) polite at best, and surly, completely uninterested verging on rude, at worst (most of the time.)
The room and the grounds were however very well kept, and it was obvious that the grounds keeping staff put much effort into the environment. The room was comfortable (Indian suite), however, was interconnecting with another suite via the bathroom by only a thin wood door that kept no sound out, therefore both evenings the room was filled with the sound of the couple next door playing music and making love, not something you would expect to be a problem in a room of that cost.
The food was very poor value, generally of the quality of a roadside services (no exaggeration) and priced according to a high quality restaurant, although the restaurant area was very pleasant to sit in.
During the day the two waiters disappeared much of the time so it was impossible to get an (overpriced, nearly £3) can of soda for much of the time.
On checking out I was kept standing in reception for 30-40 minutes as again the hotel said my card wouldn't work, as they spent this time talking to their card handler. I was asked how the stay had been and replied that 'the hotel was nice but that I had been very disappointed with the service' the reply was simply 'ok' - no attempt was made to ask why or understand the problems.
Generally, a nice looking hotel, terrible value poor service and food and certainly a hotel that I couldnt recommend to friends.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank ahedger
Reviewed 3 March 2011

I REALLY ENJOYED ;Y TRIP TO MARRAKECH REALLY NICE CITY
Dar sabra was really nice to spend time their we had a lot of fun and i really enjoyed myself was really relaxing and the art is really nice

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
DarSabraChapout, Directeur général at Dar Sabra Hotel Marrakech, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2015

Dear Mrs. / Mr. Special Clients,

After a very long time, we are here today to THANK YOU for your review.

We hope to have the pleasure to welcoming you at DAR SABRA HOTEL MARRAKECH again to see all our improvements since your last stay.

We remain at your disposal and wish you a great day.

Reviewed 3 March 2011

Dar Sabra was an unforgottable experience we had a really really great time
Marrakech is a beautiful city but dar sabra make it more special
the service is really good
The food was amazing and the spa is really nice brand new with a nice staff
if you go to marrakech i would recommend you Dar Sabra

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank caicosparis

Dear Mrs. / Mr. Special Clients,

After a very long time, we are here today to THANK YOU for your review.

We remain at your disposal and wish you a great day.